Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Seven, Chapter Forty-Nine: Wedding Blush ( Chapter 49 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wedding Blush

-Azusa-

Today was Mao's wedding. Please kill me. I sat in my living room in my bridesmaid's dress. I looked at my watch. He's late. I bit on my lower lip. Would it be too late to back out? Oh right, I'm part of the bridal party. Damn it! Maybe I could call in sick?

“Hello?” I asked.

“Azusa-san?” Satoshi-san asked. My stomach dropped.

“Oh,” I said. “It's you.”

“I'm on my way over to pick you up for the wedding. Could you tell me your address again?”

I could just lie. It's not too late to get out of this arrangement. I mean, I'm not that desperate for a date. I will be just fine alone at my sister's ridiculous wedding.

“Sure, it's 5-8-1 Minoh, Osaka,” I said. “My apartment is near the park.”

“Which park?” he asked.

“Just the one near the elementary school.”

“I think I know where that is. I'll see you in twenty. Bye.”

“Bye.” I chuckled as I rested my phone in my lap. Why did I go and do that for?

--------

You know; I've always hated lavish weddings. Mao went on and on about how she wanted hers like a queen's. She planned out every single detail. Mao said that she wanted to be a princess. Well, my baby sister got her wish today. Is it even legal to have that much lace and pink in a dress? I thought my eyes would bleed after one look. Satoshi-san didn't help matters either.

“You look nice,” he said as he looked at my long plum dress.

“Thanks,” I said. The bridesmaid dresses looked tasteful enough. (I'll give my sister credit for not making me like a fashion doll that you would stick in atop a cake.) Too bad the same can't be said for her taste in men.

I tilted my head during the ceremony. Mao's new husband was… kind of geeky. I sneered as the man in glasses said his vows. Is that his grandfather's tux? It looks like it's trying to eat him whole. Where the hell did Mao find this guy? I shook my head. They won't last. She'll get bored with him, have an affair, and file a divorce. What does she see in him anyway?

I tried not to doze off during the ceremony. Blah, blah, and now they're married. Watching the vows and rings play out almost made me not want to get married. (I still wanted a boyfriend, though.)

Satoshi-san looked out of place during the reception. He wouldn't get up to dance or socialize. I almost felt sorry for the guy. My date sat at the table, staring at his drink.

“Hey, want to dance?” I asked. This man made no sense. He clearly didn't want to leave? I didn't know who was worse—Satoshi-san or Mao's new husband. I took another drink as I frowned. I wish I could be with Hideki-kun right now. Or Ryo-kun. Or both. I looked at my cute silver watch. Did Mao-chan have to have this stupid wedding until eleven p.m.?

Wedding Boredom