Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Eleven, Chapter Seventy-One: Exam Day ( Chapter 71 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Exam Day

Here marks the beginning of the end. Today was exam day. Kagome and Ryo shared a kiss together.

“Good luck,” she said.

“Thanks,” he said. The couple headed off to school. Inside, Keiko saw the whole thing. A curious look came onto her face.

“Michi-chan,” she said. She found her daughter in the dining room. Michiko looked over the menu.

“Hm?” she asked. Keiko leaned against her doorframe.

“How close are Ryo-kun and Kagome-chan?” the old lady asked. Her daughter paused.

“They are close,” she said.

“How close?” Keiko asked.

“Why do you ask?”

The old lady pressed her lips together. “Why do you ask them?” The bride-to-be turned around.

“Why?” she asked.

“Just talk to them,” Keiko said. She turned and walked away. Michiko stared with a curious look on her face.

---------

At school, the students walked in ready to face the world. Ryo and Kagome held hands as they walked inside.

“Remember what I said,” Kagome whispered. Ryo nodded.

“I know,” he said. Both went to their respective classes.

Good luck, they thought to each other.

----------

Their love became the motive to complete their exams. Ryo buried himself in his test. He could wait to see his Kagome in her wedding dress.

She couldn't wait to break the news to their parents after this exam. Kagome didn't even have a ring. She wanted a fat diamond on her finger. Ryo kissed her on the forehead.

“I will get you one after our exams,” he promised her. So much rode on after their exams.

It wasn't just them.

Seiho had secured Setsuna's love. But he still had to prove himself in a way. She wasn't the only motive either.

I'm tired of being the joke. I can be quite serious. If I don't shape up today, I'll be left behind.

Seiho burned himself into his exams. Setsuna would definitely grace through this.

---------

By three o'clock, testing was over. Ryo took Kagome by the hand.

“Ready to go?” he asked.

“Are we going to tell them?” she asked. Her fiancé sighed.

“Yes, yes,” Ryo said. “We will tell them together.” Kagome squealed as she hugged him wildly.

“I love you,” she said. Her fiancé smiled.

“Yes, yes,” he said. Better get this over with.

----------

When Ryo and Kagome got home, they found Hideki, Michiko, Keiko, and Makoto waiting in the living room. The boy looked around at their families.

“Hey, everyone…” he said. “What's with the serious looks?” Hideki rose to his feet.

“Son,” he said. “Is something you and Kagome need to tell us?” Ryo hesitated at first.

“Uh…” he said. Kagome backed up behind her fiancé. He remembered his promise and grabbed her hand.

“Yes!” Ryo announced. “Kagome-chan and I are getting married!”

Real Test Begins