Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Eleven, Chapter Seventy-Two: Knocked Sideways ( Chapter 72 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Knocked Sideways

Michiko and Hideki stared their children.

“What did you say?” Michiko asked.

“We're getting married,” Kagome said.

“Why?” Hideki asked.

“I love her,” Ryo said. “You're known this for years! Why are you so surprised now?”

“But… But… You can't marry!” Michiko said. Her daughter looked like she got slapped in the face.

“Why not?!” Kagome asked. Her mother struggled to come up with a reason.

“Well…” she said. “Uh…”

“I don't believe this,” Ryo said. “You shouldn't be judging us. I know this would happen.” Kagome let go of his hand and walked away.

“Nice one!” Ryo said. He turned and followed his fiancée. The parents turned to each other.

--------

Ryo came to Kagome's door. He took a listen inside.

“Kagome-chan?” he asked. The boy opened the door. His fiancée was crying on her bed.

“Kagome-chan,” Ryo said. He walked over to the bed. Kagome lifted her head. Tears streamed from her eyes. Ryo hugged her.

“Aw, don't cry,” he said. “We should've expect this.”

“What happens now?” she asked.

“What?” Ryo asked. Kagome looked him in the eye.

“Are they going to break us up?” she asked. Ryo's eyes widened.

“What?! No!” he said. “They know they can't do that!” Kagome sniffled.

“Do you really think so?” she asked. He grabbed her by the hands.

“I know so!” he said. “I won't let them do it!”

“But what are we going to do?” his fiancée asked.

“We can't do anything about them.”

“What?”

“We can't change their minds about it. The best we can do is hope that they will accept our relationship one day.”

“One day? When?”

Ryo shook his head. “I can't tell you when. We just have to hope.” Kagome's lowered lip quivered.

“Hope?” she asked.

“Yes,” her fiancé said. Kagome's eyes filled with tears. Ryo pulled her back into his arms. He sighed and rested his chin on her shoulder.

Waiting to Hope