Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Eleven, Chapter Seventy-Five: Hard Acceptance ( Chapter 75 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hard Acceptance

-Ryo and Hideki-

Father and son will talk. Hideki knocked on his son's bedroom door.

“Come in,” Ryo said. He looked up as the door opened.

“Hey,” Hideki said in the doorway. Ryo rolled his eyes.

“No, no,” Hideki said. “I just want to talk.” His son frowned.

“What?” he asked. Hideki closed the door behind him.

“Your mom and I spoke about your engagement,” he said. “And we have decided to allow it to happen.” Ryo gave him an odd look.

“Huh?” he asked. His father sat down on the bed.

“We aren't too happy about it,” he said. “But, we want you to be happy. We will accept your relationship.” Ryo began to smile for a bit.

“Thank you,” he said.

“When is the wedding?” Hideki asked.

“We don't know yet,” Ryo said. “We're waiting after exams and graduation.”

“And college?” his father asked.

“Still working on that,” the son said.

“Good,” Hideki said. “At least you're grounded in those areas.” Ryo narrowed his eyes at him.

“Right…” he said.

-------

-Kagome and Michiko-

Mother and daughter will talk. Michiko knocked on her daughter's door.

“Yes?” Kagome asked. Her mother hesitated at first.

“Honey, can we talk?” she asked. There was a pause.

“Why?”

“Please?”

Kagome groaned. “Fine.” Footsteps walked up behind the door. Michiko backed up as the door opened. Kagome stared her down.

“What?” she asked.

“Can I come in?” Michiko asked. Her daughter rolled her eyes. She moved aside to let her mom in.

“Thank you,” Michiko said.

“What do you want?” her daughter asked. Michiko took a deep breath.

“Your father and I talked about your engagement,” she said. Michiko paused.

“We will accept it,” she said. Kagome blinked.

“Huh?” she asked.

“We may not like this, but we want you to be happy,” Michiko said. “So we will accept your relationship.” Her daughter's eyes widened.

“Are you serious?” she asked.

“Yes,” Michiko said. Kagome stepped forward and hugged her.

“Thanks, mom,” she said. Michiko patted her on the head. Kagome looked up at her.

“We're waiting to graduate before we get married,” she said. “We're still looking at colleges.”

“Good to know,” Michiko said.

Both parents had the talk to extend the olive branch. Let's see if it holds for Ryo and Kagome's future to begin. First comes school, of course.

Mama and Papa Don't Preach