Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Flame of Love ❯ Volume Eleven, Chapter Seventy-Six: Arriving on Shore ( Chapter 76 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Arriving on Shore

The day is here. Time to find out the results of their exams. Kagome squeezed Ryo's hands.

“Good luck,” she whispered.

“Thank you,” he said.

“We're leaving now!” Kagome called out.

“Take care!” Michiko shouted.

“Have a good day,” Hideki said. The younger couple headed out the door. Ryo held his breath. Here it goes. Today could make or break their future. Please let me pass. They quietly walked to school together.

---------

The exam results were posted outside. Ryo began to tremble as he stared at the crowd.

“Are you okay?” Kagome asked. He quickly nodded.

“Yeah,” he said. “I just need a moment.”

“Do you want me to look?” she asked. Ryo took a breath.

“Yes, please,” he said. Kagome kissed him on the cheek.

“I'll be right back,” she said. Kagome walked up to the crowd. Ryo held his breath. He shook his head.

Why am I freaking out like this? I studied. I did my best. Everything should be fine. Kagome turned and walked back to her fiancé. She had no emotion on her face. Ryo's stomach turned.

“Well?” he asked. Kagome broke into a huge smile.

“We passed,” she said. Ryo's eyes widened.

“Both of us?” he asked.

“Uh-huh,” his fiancée said. “Both of us.” He wildly hugged her.

“Whoa!” Kagome said. “Easy there!” He nuzzled her cheek.

“Congratulations,” Kagome whispered. She hugged him back. They weren't the only ones to pass.

“Hey guys!” they heard behind them. Ryo and Kagome looked up to see Setsuna running towards them.

“Setsuna,” Ryo said. Their friend caught up to them.

“Did you pass?” she asked.

“Yes,” Kagome said.

“Did you?” Ryo asked.

“Sure did,” his old friend said.

“And Seiho?” Ryo asked. “Did he pass too?” She shuffled for a bit.

“I don't know,” Setsuna admitted. “I haven't seen him around.”

“Oh…” the couple murmured. Somehow, this wasn't good.

---------

Seiho didn't show up in homeroom. The friends didn't want to think the worse. Maybe he was just sick. Ryo shook his head. Not likely. He sighed and rubbed his forehead.

“Maybe I'll call him later,” he muttered. For now, tomorrow was the last day of class. Graduation was next week.

--------

Setsuna decided to try Seiho's family restaurant. She tried to stay positive in the morning. But as the day wore on, the doubt and worry grew heavier. By the end of the school day, Setsuna made up her mind. She even skipped club activities for the day.

“Hello?” Setsuna asked as she opened the door. To her surprise, she found Seiho at the bar.

“Oh, there you are,” she said. “Why weren't you at school today? Are you alright? Did something happen?” Setsuna noticed Seiho frowning at her.

“Seiho… -kun?” she asked. Seiho snorted.

“I failed,” he grumbled.

“What?” she asked. She walked over and sat down on the stool next to him. Seiho sighed and dropped his head back.

“I have to take summer classes to make up the classes I failed,” he complained. His girlfriend looked so confused.

“How did you fail?” she asked. “I made you study.” He gave off a dry laugh.

“I slacked off before,” he said. “I'm sorry.” Setsuna threw back her head and groaned.

“Seiho-kun!” she groaned.

“I'm sorry,” he said again. He froze when he saw the angry look on his girlfriend's face.

“This is inexcusable!” she snapped. Setsuna grabbed him by the arm.

“I will be on your ass all summer until you pass!” she barked. Seiho laughed in fear. Oh shit This was why he didn't want to say anything.

With the exam results out of the way, the rest of the future awaits. After school and graduation, there would a wedding following behind. So much coming up this spring that it's a wonder if anyone has any time to rest.

Step to the Future