Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gray Sky ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Carrie woke up before the alarm clock went off. She groaned. Damn, she could have used the extra sleep…just a few more minutes. She shut the alarm clock off before it rang.
 
Carrie got to her feet and went to the window. Damian, was he real or just a dream? She could still see his strong facial features. He looked so heavenly hot…she had never seen a man that handsome. It should be illegal to be that hot!
 
He was also from Britain. That made him even hotter. Carrie had a thing for guys with accents.
 
“I wish to see you again Damian. I would love to get to know you. But where can I find you?” she asked the window, hoping that her message would spread, somehow, to Damian. Carrie guessed that he would have to find her instead of the other way around.
 
She tore her gaze away from the window and got ready for work.

~*~

Inside of a dark house, a man with jet-black hair was sitting on a white sofa, drinking red wine. A girl walked in. She had black hair with ringlets and brown, almond-shaped eyes.
 
“You smell like a human,” she muttered, as she sat on a chair that was next to the sofa.
 
Damian shifted his eyes toward her. “You always had a keen sense of smell Ashling.”
 
Ashling sniffed and turned her nose into the air. “I don't see why we had to move to America.”
 
Damian sighed. “Again with this?”
 
“Again? I can't stand this country. There's nothing fun. I miss the U.K. Damian.”
 
“We moved here because we need a new scene. We've seen everything there and there's lots of things we can do here,” said Damian.
 
It was Ashling's turn to sigh. “I know. It's just…I am so bored.”
 
Damian stood up and stood behind where Ashling was sitting. He wrapped his arms around her and laid his chin on her head. “I know…I know.”
 
“Now, about that human smell.”
 
“Well, I met her in the woods last night.”
 
“Ah…you mean that girl you usually stalk?”
 
Damian walked a couple of feet back. “Stalk? I don't stalk!”
 
Ashling laughed a musical laughter. Damian started to grumble.
 
“A vampire falling in love with a human? I thought I would never see the day,” Ashling taunted.
 
“So what?” he snapped.
 
“Oh nothing, nothing. But, how will you tell her? You just met her and what will she do when she finds out? Even if she accepts you, you can't even step into the sunlight or you'll turn to dust,” said Ashling.
 
Damian slammed his fist on the wall. “I know, damn it! I know that.”
 
Ashling made a pitiful look at him. She stood up and walked towards him, her black Victorian dress making a wispy sound like the wind. She laid a hand on his back.
 
“I'm just worried about you, that's all,” she whispered. Damian didn't reply. She turned around and left the room, leaving Damian alone with his thoughts.

~*~

It was night and Carrie was driving home. They had one fire at an elder's home. They made it just in time before the house had turned into cinders.
 
She turned into the driveway and walked toward her house. She had the creepy feeling again, but this time she decided to find out whom it was. She started walking towards the end of the woods.
 
Carrie stopped. She saw two amber eyes glowing. A man stepped out of the darkness. It was Damian!
 
“Have you been stalking me this whole time?” she asked him with fists on her hips and a scowl on her face.
 
Damian made a lopsided grin. She could see his teeth were pearly white. She felt mesmerized.
 
“I'm not stalking, you just have a unique smell that I am attracted to,” he blurted out.
 
“Smell? What are you, a bloodhound?”
 
Damian laughed. Carrie blushed.
 
“You are peculiar, you know that?” he asked.
 
“Yeah, I have been told that by many different people,” she replied with a thoughtful look on her face.
 
Damian grinned. “You're really cute.”
 
Carrie could feel her face starting to heat up. She muttered a thank you.
 
“Do you think I can see you tomorrow, maybe for lunch or something?” she asked. She could see him hesitate.
 
“Well, I work during the day. I cannot get a break when I work, so it has to be during the night,” he said smoothly.
 
That doesn't sound right, Carrie thought, but she replied, “Okay, then where?”
 
Carrie saw Damian ponder it. “How about I pick you up tomorrow after you come home. Say, eight o'clock?”
 
Carrie smiled. “Wonderful.”
 
“It's a date.” He kissed her on the lips and left.
 
Carrie stood there, dumbfounded.
 
After a few minutes, her body started to move and she went inside her house. She cooked a Hot Pocket, ate it with water, and went to bed.
 
“He kissed me on the lips…I have a date with him tomorrow night…wow,” she muttered and blacked out.