Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gray Sky ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Carrie took the next morning off. Her mind kept replaying what had happened last night. She laid her head on her upraised arm. She sighed. It had been perfect.
 
Damian took off his jacket and laid it across her shoulders. She could see his gorgeous arms and his six-pack through his tight, black t-shirt. He was like a god! He was probably Adonis in disguise. He couldn't be human…A mortal like herself would never be compatible to him. Yet, here she was…with him…under the starry sky.
 
“Are you ready to go home?” he asked her, stirring her out of her reverie.
 
She nodded her head. They stood, started packing things up and went to the car. Damian opened her side of the door. Once she was in, he went to his side.
 
The time driving back to her house, they held hands. She realized that his hands were cold. Perhaps he was nervous or cold. The weather at night in New Hampshire was cold. She didn't think about it.
 
They arrived at her house and they both got out of the car. He walked her to the door and they stopped. They stood in silence. Damian's eyes were on her, but Carrie's eyes were looking around. She knew he was looking at her, but she didn't want to look into his eyes…or any part of his body for that matter.
 
He started to lean in. She knew what he was intending to do. She lifted her hand up and he ended up kissing her hand. He looked up quizzically at her. She just smiled and said, “Not on the first date.”
 
“Whatever you say, darling,” he whispered. He leaned back down and kissed her on her cheek. “I'll see you soon.”
 
Carrie stayed where she was until he pulled off. She unlocked the door and went inside. She locked the door and squealed so loudly that she thought her mother in Dayfield could hear her. She floated to her room. .
 
She lay on her bed, after undressing herself and putting on an oversized t-shirt that had a H.I.M. icon on it.
 
“I met a man that loves me for me, I can tell,” she sung out loud.
 
Carrie stood up from where she was sitting and decided to go and see Gina before heading out to work.

~*~

“I hope she's still alive,” Trace said while he was playing video games with Tyler.
 
Tyler just rolled his eyes. “I know you're worried about her, but damn, you sound obsessive.”
 
Trace glared at his friend out of the corner of his eye.
 
“She's supposed to be here this afternoon. If she isn't, then we'll know something is wrong and we'll go to her house. If she's not home, we'll call a police search. Did you get something for her to make up for yesterday?” Tyler asked.
 
Trace paused the game. He went to his jacket and took out a small box. He tossed it over to Tyler. Tyler caught it and opened it. What he saw was a golden chain necklace with a golden heart dangling off of it.
 
Tyler whistled. “Yeah, she'll love it and forgive you for sure.”
 
Trace nodded. “That's what I'm hoping and much more.”

~*~
“Are you for real?” Gina shrieked.
 
Carrie covered her ears. She was so glad that no one was in the market. She would have been more embarrassed than she already was.
 
“His name is Damian, right?” Gina questioned.
 
“Yes.”
 
“And he's from Britain?”
 
“Yeah.”
 
“Score! You go girl!”
 
Gina lunged toward Carrie and gave her a bear hug.
 
“Gina…can't…breathe…” Carrie choked out.
 
Gina let go quickly while Carrie inhaled deep breaths to recover. Carrie looked at her watch and saw it was almost time to go to work.
 
“I'll talk to you later Gina,” said Carrie as she was walking out, waving her hand.
 
“Bye Carrie! I hope I'll get to meet your boyfriend!” she shouted as Carrie walked out of the doors.
 
Boyfriend? Not sure about that yet, She thought with a blush.

~*~

Carrie entered the firehouse and heard some noises coming from a room. She knew what they were doing…playing video games without her! The nerve.
 
She stormed into the room. Tyler and Trace looked at her with angelic looks that little boys gave to adults when they thought that they were in trouble.
 
“How was it?” asked Tyler.
 
“It went very well,” she replied with a smile.
 
Tyler gave Trace a look that said, `I told you that she's alive! You owe me twenty bucks!' Even though they hadn't bet on anything.
 
Carrie went to chair and watched the guys play, feeling left out. The two guys stopped playing and Tyler left the room, leaving Trace and Carrie alone.
 
Trace turned his body around since he was still sitting on the floor. His face looked a little hesitant. He started, “I'm really sorry about yesterday. It was just that I was really worried about you, going on a date with a guy you barely know.”
 
Carrie smiled. “It's okay. It's your job as a friend and boss.”
 
Trace gave her a small smile. “Still, I wanted to give you something to make it up.”
 
Carrie's eyes went wide. “No, you didn't have to-”
 
Trace took out the box and gave it to her. She opened it and smiled. She loved the necklace. “Oh Trace, it's beautiful. Thank you.”
 
She went to him and put her arms around his neck. Trace's breath caught in his throat. He wrapped his arms around his waist slowly. When she didn't object, he closed his eyes and smiled. “Your welcome.”
 
In the other room, Tyler saw the scene. It's up to fate to decide what will happen in the future.