Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gray Sky ❯ Chapter 8

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“So…how was it?” asked Ashling as they sat under the heavily shaded woods that the sun couldn't peak through. They were sitting at a patio table, drinking red wine. She smoothed down her long black skirt with a black halter-top. She had her black, ringlet hair in a loose ponytail. Her brown eyes, that was tinted with red, was looking at Damian with love.
 
“It went well. She's such a lovely girl and old-fashioned I believe, she wouldn't let me kiss her on the first date, but I was advancing,” he said. He was wearing black jean shorts that showed off his nicely formed calves and had on a black torn t-shirt. He had his hair up in loose ponytail in the nape of his neck.
 
“Smart girl,” she teased, “Who would want to kiss you anyways? You probably have garlic breath.”
 
“Shut up,” he muttered, getting all flustered.
 
Ashling giggled. She hadn't this much fun with him for a long time. “So, when will I meet this Carrie girl?”
 
Damian shrugged. “I don't know, I would like to get to her know her better before I'll let you see her.”
 
Ashling pouted. “Aw fine. Be like that for all I care.”
 
Damian smiled a toothy grin.
~*~
The sun was setting while Carrie drove up the driveway. When she got out of the car, she made a stretch. It was a long and quiet day. Sometimes she found her mind wondering about Damian. It was kinda bad when either Trace or Tyler was talking to her. She would just say that she was just tired.
 
She leaned against her car. The temperature was too nice for her to go inside and start whatever came to her mind first. Possibly make dinner, take a shower, and go to bed…unless Damian came by. She liked it when he did that. It made her feel special.
 
It wasn't long when she felt a presence standing to her when the sun was down and the moon was shining down. Wait, how long has she been standing there thinking about him?
 
“Hello darling,” said a British accent. Ohhh…that accent!
 
Carrie's eyes ever so slowly rose up to see his face. He was still wearing the clothes he wore during the sunlit hours. Carrie gulped. He can wear anything, like a garbage bag, and he would still look mighty fine…not fair.
 
“Hi Damian,” she said. She started to slide down her car until he had his arm around her waist, giving her a secure grip. She felt like she was going to melt like wax and slide down from his hold.
 
“Are you hungry, tired? I bet you had a long day darling,” he said.
 
“Tired more than hungry,” she muttered.
 
He smiled and lifted her up bridal style and carried her inside, but of course he unlocked it first.
 
Once they were inside, he asked for directions to her room and she told him. He laid her down gently and exited out of the room while she was changing into her pajamas. When Carrie said it was all-good, he came back in. He tucked her in and sat next to her. Carrie snuggled against him. He laid his arm across her shoulder
 
“I feel so safe when I am with you Damian, and I don't know why,” she admitted and blushed. She could feel him stiffen and then he relaxed. Perhaps she was too forward. Maybe he would think that she was too weird and never see her again.
 
“Really? You feel that much about me?” he asked her.
 
Carrie let out a small breath of relief. “Yeah, I actually do. You do something to me Damian and it's so new. But I like it.”
 
Damian made a small smile. He was making a girl feel this way? His pride just went up the scale.
 
Carrie started to fall asleep. Before she drifted off to dream world, she muttered, “Stay with me…please.” And she was out.
 
Damian smiled warmly. “Of course I will darling.”