Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Gray Sky ❯ Chapter 18

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
“I can't come in,” said Carrie over the phone.
 
“Why not?” asked Trace.
 
“I just…I just can't come in, okay? I am really sorry,” she said and hung up.
 
She placed both hands on the table. She had to tell them before it was too late. That man was lethal to them!
 
Carrie looked at herself in the mirror. She had on black baggy jeans with pockets. She wore a dark purple kimono sweater. Her hair was up in bun with chopsticks, but she left a few hair strands to shape her face. On her feet, she wore black army boots. She nodded in approval and grabbed her car keys.
 
Carrie didn't even remember how she got to the house. She felt like she was in a fog. Before she knew it, she had reached her destination.
 
Where's the driveway? Where is it? she whined in her head. It took several minutes for her to find it. She bumped up and down in her seat until she hit the pavement.
 
Carrie saw the house and hit the brakes. She hurriedly got out of the car and ran to the house. She opened the door, not bothering to be polite or yell that she arrived.
 
The girl went to the living room and saw Damian finishing a drawing and Ashling lying on the couch. They both turned their heads to her with shocked expressions. They could see that her face was flushed.
 
“Darling, what's wrong?” Damian asked, rushing to his feet and grabbed her hands. They were unusually cold.
 
“There's a hunter…a vampire hunter named Bryan. He's here,” she said. She started to shiver.
 
Ashling nearly fell to the floor. “What? He's here? Shit! I didn't know he could track us across the ocean. Damian, what are we going to do?”
 
Damian dropped her hands. His eyes were focused on concentration. What were they going to do? His hand went through his hair.
 
Carrie was observing him. He was wearing tight black leather pants with a loose-knit shirt. He had the top five buttons loose on the top. He was wearing black army boots too. His hair was in a loose ponytail at the nape of his neck. He had some strands of hair fall around his face. On his right hand, he wore a silver band on his index finger that had a small black onyx.
 
She looked over at Ashling. Her face looked paler than usual. She was wearing ebon-gray pants. She had an off-white, dress-like shirt that went down to the top of her knees. One side of the shirt went off the shoulders. She had on white shoes.
 
“Do you know if you were followed?” asked a voice. “Carrie?”
 
“Huh?”
 
Damian sighed in irritation. “I asked if you knew if you were followed.”
 
Carrie gave a thoughtful look. “I don't think so. I wasn't really paying attention because I was too focused on getting here to warn you guys.”
 
Damian sighed in again, but deeper. “We have to get out of town as soon as we can. We're not safe here anymore.”
 
Damian grabbed Carrie's hands and Ashling followed them. As Damian opened the door, he was greeted with Bryan's face.
 
“Hello,” grinned Bryan.
 
The trio's faces went paler. They took several steps back. Bryan leisurely walked in. He looked around the house. “Nice house you have and so far back into the woods.” He stopped walking and turned around to look at them.
 
“You can't escape from me this time. I can track you down since we're linked. I followed you across the Atlantic cause I knew you were in America. I can follow you to the ends of the earth,” Bryan said.
 
“Damian, Carrie, go now, I'll distract him,” Ashling whispered at the corner of her mouth.
 
Carrie and Damian started to run out the door. Bryan was about to run after them until he felt a fist connected to his jaw and was thrown back. He landed on his back and he was about to get back until he felt a hand push him back down on his chest.
 
His saw that Ashling had changed into a complete vampire. Her eyes turned blood red with a small black pupil, her fingers turned into claws, and her ears went pointy. Between her teeth, she said, “You will not ruin their happiness together.”
 
Bryan laughed. “So ironic, isn't it? I had happiness too once, until Damian robbed it from me. I want my vengeance and you will not ruin it for me!”
 
The vampire hunter threw the vampire off of him. Ashling was thrown into the air and her back hit the wall. She fell down onto the ground on her side. She moaned and tried to stand back up, but her head felt woozy. Out of her vivid eyes, she saw Bryan walking to her, grabbing something that looked like a silver stake out of his ebon-gray trench coat.
 
“Go to hell,” Bryan said as he staked her through the heart.

~*~

Damian ran through the woods with Carrie by his side.
 
“Do you think Ashling will be all right?” she asked him.
 
Damian didn't reply.
 
All of sudden, they shuddered and Damian heard a high-pitch shrill that only his ears could hear.
 
Out of the corners of his eyes, tears rolled down. When Carrie looked at him, she knew.