Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ House of Lushes ❯ Vol. One/ Chap. Six: My Girl ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

My Girl
*Shoji*
Kasumi feels neglected, I can tell. I need to do something for her. There is only one way to do that. I found her at lunch the next day. She looked so sad. Aw man! I've got to sell this good! I made way over to my girlfriend. She looked up at me from her bento. Her face looked stoic. But, I saw her eyes. The sorrow in them made my heart ache. Oh god, I have to work fast!
“Hi,” said.
“Hi,” she mumbled back. *Sweat drop on my head* Okay… This is harder than I thought. Can't quit now. We need this! I swallowed hard.
“You doing anything tonight?” I asked. Kasumi-chan raised an eyebrow at her.
“No, why manager?” she asked. I sighed in stress.
“You don't have to call me that!”
“Then what should I call you?”
“Shoji…” Kasumi rolled her eyes at me.
“Anyway, what do you want?” I sucked in a mouthful of air. Here goes.
“Go out on a date with me!” I blurted out. Kasumi looked at me for a moment.
“Okay…” I looked at her confused.
“That's it?” My girlfriend nodded.
“Yeah,” I stood there for a moment. That easy? Too easy! She had to be up to something. I raised an eyebrow at her.
“What's the catch?” She shrugged at me.
“Nothing.”
“You sure?” Kasumi rolled her eyes at me.
“Do you want the date or not?” I nodded quickly.
“Yes!” Kasumi smiled at me.
“Okay then.” I breathed out some. Mission accomplished, I guess. Then, the bell rang. Everyone went to their classes. I felt proud of myself. Score for one the big man!
I couldn't wait for school to be over. I spent most of the day planning our date. I planned to pull the works tonight. She's going to love it—and me. I just hope it all goes well.
After school, I met up with my girlfriend. She looked much happier than she did at lunch. I smiled at her expression.
“Hey beautiful,” I said. Kasumi-chan giggled.
“So where are we going?” she asked. I pretended to think about that for a moment. A smile came onto my face.
What is the one place you wanted to eat dinner?” I asked. Kasumi smiled brightly.
“You mean…” she started to say. I nodded at her, grinning. I took her by her hands. My love started deep into my eyes.
“Let's pick up something and go down to Nekoyuki Gardens!” I proclaimed. Kasumi's cheeks turned a bright pink. I smiled at her. I had her sold. Now to sell the rest of the night to her.
We picked up sushi and ramen from different street vendors. Kasumi-chan wanted to pay, but I insisted on doing that myself. (What kind of man makes his date pay for anything?) We took out dinner to the Nekoyuki Gardens. Beautiful place to go a lazy day. It's spring now; that means cherry blossoms galore. Oh yeah, perfect place for a date. Kasumi-chan and I sat near the pond. We ate dinner in silence at first. She seemed rather distant. Quick, say something to lighten the mood!
“I like my new job! Thank you for it,” I spoke up. Big mistake. Kasumi-chan paused and looked away. My face dropped. Oh crap! I screwed up. I wasn't thinking when I said that! I forgot about her sisters! Quick, fix the situation!
“Uh…” I said. “Are you okay, Kasumi-chan?” She said nothing at first. I looked on, nervously. Now I've done it! She's going to hate me! Why do I always screw everything up at times?
“Shoji-kun,” my girlfriend spoke up. I quickly looked up.
“Huh?”
“Do you love me?” I blinked for a moment. Okay, I didn't expect this. Where is she going with this?
“Of course I do!” I thought that was it. But, she turned around to me. Her desperate eyes threw me for a shock. Okay, this is weird. She's not angry at all this time. Must be bad.
“More than my sisters?” Kasumi-chan whimpered. My face became serious.
“Yes,” I answered. “I love you more than your sisters.” Tears welled up in her eyes. She hugged me, crying. I smiled and patted her on the head. So that was what the fuss was all about. Looks like I'll have to keep proving that I love her, then. Not a problems; I love her anyway!
Snuggle