Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mafia ❯ Volume One, Chapter Three: Meeting ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The gunmen returned to mansion by sunrise. Nikita was waiting for them at the door.

“Is she home?” he asked when they approached them.

“Yeah,” one of the dogs answered. “We even put her in bed.” Nikita smirked.

“Excellent,” he said. “Now, I need you to watch over Kvasha-san, just to make sure she doesn't become desperate by killing herself.” The two mob dogs nodded and left. Nikita smirked and walked back inside.

-------

Footsteps echoed down the hall. Mikhael lifted his head and looked to the door. Who was coming now? The door opened with a low crick. Mikhael watched closely. A woman his age stood in the doorway. She was dressed to go out with a navy dress suit with a sea blue top under her nice jacket. Her long reddish blonde hung around her in a mess at her shoulders. She looked bored. Mikhael thought she was decent-looking. The girl lowered her shades and snorted.

“Who are you?” she asked. Mikhael sat quiet. What could he say to this potential angel?

“Uh…” Mikhael spoke up. “I… uh… uh…” The girl rolled her eyes.

“Are you my fiancé?” she asked. The boy nodded with big eyes. The girl shook her head.

“Oh my god,” she muttered. “Daddy must be desperate!” The mob princess rolled her eyes and walked off. Mikhael hung his head again. Gee thanks! Things couldn't get any worse.

----------

Breakfast felt awkward the next morning. Mikhael overslept and came in late. His future bride glared at him when he walked into the dining room. Nikita and Boris were eating all ready. All three eyed their “guest.”

“Uh… hi…” Mikhael said. A sweat drop formed on his head as he nervously laughed, rubbing the back of his head.

“Come and eat,” Nikita spoke up. Mikhael walked over to the table with unease. He sat across from his future bride.

“Borstch?” Nikita offered. Mikhael said nothing and took the bowl to serve himself. The mob boss grinned and winked at the boy. Mikhael kept his eyes lowered to his bowl. Nikita stood from the table.

“I will proudly announce the engagement of my daughter, Valentina Popova, to Mikhael Kvasha!” he exclaimed. Boris clapped. Valentina glared at Mikhael coldly. Mikhael just hung his head, wishing this was all just a bad dream. Hell was just starting now.

Meeting