Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mafia ❯ Volume Two, Chapter Eight: Date ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Mikhael-

This is all stressing me out. Still, I have a life. I pulled out my phone I secretly snuck in.

“Hello?” Akiko asked.

“Akiko, hey,” I said.

“Mikhael? Are you okay? Where are you?” she asked. I looked around my room.

“Yeah, I'm fine. I'm…” I looked to the door.

“Listen, I can't talk right now. Can I see you tomorrow?” I asked.

“Okay… Are you sure you're fine?” she asked.

“Please?” I asked. “I need to see you.”

“Okay,” Akiko said.

“After class?” I asked.

“Sure,” she said. “We can do dinner together.” I breathed out.

“Thank you,” I said.

“Mikhael,” she said.

“What?” I asked. She paused for a moment over the phone.

“Please… be careful,” my girl pleaded. I closed my eyes and bowed my head.

“I will,” I said. “I love you.”

“I love you too,” Akiko said back. I blew her a kiss and hung up. I flopped back onto the bed and sighed. I covered my arm with my eyes.

----------

Valentina had her ear to the wall. She narrowed her eyes and frowned.

“Hmm…” she said. The mob princess felt nosy all of a sudden.

-----------

-Mikhael-

Akiko and I were going to have dinner on Friday night. I would let her plan what we did next. I just wanted to feel normal. This was as normal as it was going to get.

I waited for her outside the library. I looked at my phone. Come on. I knew her class doesn't get out until four, but still…

“Hey!” I heard behind me. I whirled around to see Akiko standing behind me. Boy, she was a sight for sore eyes. Her smile made me feel better.

“Waiting long?” she asked. I shook my head.

“No,” I said. “Ready to go?”

“Yeah,” Akiko said. She held out her hand. I smiled and took her hand. We ate at a small sandwich place. Not exactly romantic but I had to get away from that prison.

“How have you been?” I asked.

“Fine,” Akiko said. “I'm fine.”

“Ah,” I said. I picked up my sandwich and took a bite. Not bad.

“How have you been?” Akiko asked. I sighed.

“I'm in hell,” I said. I broke down and explained the situation. My girl stared at me dumbfounded.

“Wow,” was all she could say.

“Yeah,” I said. We sat silent for a moment.

“How is your mother?” Akiko asked.

“I don't know. They won't let me talk to her,” I said. I lowered my head.

“I don't know what to do,” I said. Akiko put her hand on my shoulder.

“Thank you,” I said.

“I'm here for you, Mikhael,” she said. I lifted my head. Akiko's angelic face made my worries melt away. She's too good to me. I don't deserve her.

But then I froze. No… Valentina stood across the street, staring at me. What's she doing here? I think I'm going to be sick. No. No!

“Mikhael? Mikael?”

I about jumped when I came back to earth. Akiko was frowning at me now. Oh…

“What's wrong?” she asked. I stood up.

“Can we please go?” I asked.

“Huh? What's wrong?” she asked. I grabbed her by the wrist and took off running.

“Mikhael!” Akiko shouted behind me. I could picture Valentina laughing at me.

She followed us, you know? Almost like she… No! She was stalking us! It was her way of saying she owned me. She owned me and she could make life hell. I gritted my teeth.

I will not play her games. I am going to get out of this arrangement and save my mom. I was done!

Date