Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mafia ❯ Volume Three, Chapter Nine: Wine ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Time for change for the Solshska. Valentina is now the one in charge. And boy does she have plans. Time for a mob meeting.

“Gentlemen!” Valentina called to the table. “Thank you for coming.” She's the only woman in the room. All eyes were on her. Her father sat behind her. Valentina smirked to herself.

“A new era is upon us,” she said. “We cannot survive on the old world ways alone. We have to go in a new direction.” Chatter filled the room. Valentina loudly whistled. Everyone went quiet. The mob princess cleared her throat.

“As I was saying,” she said. “We need something new.” Valentina grinned.

“I have just the thing,” she said. “Lights.” The lights went dim.

“Thank you,” she said. The mob princess clinked on the remote. A screen turned on. A PowerPoint appeared with a purple and red slide. Valentina held out her arms.

“Fellas, we are starting a winery!” she said. The men looked confused. Valentina grinned like a madwoman.

----------

Running a winery takes work. Valentina wasn't stupid. She knew that. Her father helped her get started. The men couldn't fully get behind this. Who did she think she was? Sure, the boss was dying, but still. This was a man's world. She couldn't run the mob. Her father wouldn't hear it. So the winery had to be built. Father and daughter had everything planned out.

They already bought the building. The men had to clean it up. The electricity was set up. Valentina had to pick out the wine. All expensive labels. Mikhael stared at the list. A puzzled look came over his face.

“Can you even sell these?” he asked. Valentina wrinkled her nose.

“Shut up,” she said. Then there was him. Ah, yes. Him. What to do with him? Mikhael had to marry her for her to be the head of the mob. Valentina rolled her eyes. The thought of marrying him made her want to vomit. But this was what dear old dad wanted. This wouldn't do. She'd have to deal with Mikhael later.

Right now came the winery. That had to be underway.

Within two weeks, the building was up and running. Valentina smiled in pride.

“Looking good,” she said. Now was left to get the merch, equipment, and staff. The staff would be the men of the mob. Some were qualified. Others could use some work. The training would make it work their while. The Solshska were open for business. The new winery just needed a name.

“How about Vodka Rose?” Valentina asked. Her father chuckled. The mob princess frowned.

“Daddy,” she wailed. He smiled and patted her on the head.

“I like it,” he said. His daughter perked up.

“Okay! Vodka Rose, it is!” Valentina said. From there, everything came together. She couldn't wait to get to work.

Wine