Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mafia ❯ Volume Seven, Chapter Twenty-Eight: Rich Dream ( Chapter 28 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

She grew up spoiled. Valentina was Nikita's little princess. Now, that extended to Mikhael. He doesn't know how to handle it. It's built on blood money. It felt so… wrong.

Mikhael never asked for money. He tried to live like he always did. However, that wasn't so easy anymore. Most avoided him now. Some were scared of him.

“That isn't me,” he complained.

“I know,” Jim said. Mikhael looked at him.

“But what can I do?” he asked. “I don't want this. How do I make it stop?”

“You can't,” his friend said.

“What?” the other boy asked. Jim shrugged and shook his head.

“Sorry,” he said. “That's how it is.” Mikhael dropped his head.

It wasn't all bad. There were some benefits. Mikhael didn't have to worry about money. In fact, Nikita made sure that everything was paid for. Mikhael tried not to ask for money but he still got it. Nikita was also happy to give the spoiled princess whatever she wanted.

“I don't get it,” Mikhael said.

“Get what?” Boris asked. The boy shook his head.

“Why me? What have I done to earn this money?” he asked.

“Just take it, kid,” Boris said. “Call it a gift.”

“Can I give it back?” the young man asked. He chuckled a bit. But his laughed died when Boris gave him a serious look.

“Oh…” Mikhael said. He looked down at his hands.

“Look kid, we're trying to help you. Just take the gifts,” Boris said. Mikhael stared at him. How could he? It came from the mob. All blood money. Money from alleged human trafficking.

But yet…

Maybe he could do some good with that money. Maybe he could save Andie and others like her. Bring down the “wine business”. Get him and his mother away from these monsters. Live comfortably from now on. Yes, that could work. Mikhael turned to him and smiled.

“You're right,” he said. “You're right. I will accept it with a smile.” Boris smiled at him.

“Wise decision, kid,” he said. He patted Mikhael on the back. The young man forced himself to smile. He had to get started with his plans.

Meanwhile, Valentina braced herself for more wealth that would soon be pouring in.

Rich Dreams