Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mafia ❯ Volume Eight, Chapter Twenty-Nine: Snake Wolf ( Chapter 29 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

They will be at war. War from all sides. First, there is the Hebi-Okami. Valentina raised her eyebrow.

“Who?” she asked.

“They are the Hebi-Okami,” Boris explained. “We've had encounters with them in the past.”

“Good or bad?” she asked.

“It's been a mix,” he said.

“And how are we now?” Valentina asked.

“Depends on you,” Boris said.

“Heh,” she said. She broke into a frown.

“Do I have to bring him along?” she asked. Boris gave her a look. Valentina groaned.

“Seriously?” she asked.

“It will be good for your image,” he said. The mob princess stared at him. She knows he's right. But still…

“Look,” Boris said. “You don't have to love the boy. Just be nice to him. He could be good ally for you. You will need people like him.” She hated how right he was.

---------

The Solashka would meet with the Hebi-Okami on Saturday. Valentina sat in the dining room.

“I don't get why I'm here,” Mikhael said.

“Shut it,” she hissed. “You just sit there and look pretty.” Mikhael frowned. Boris stood behind them. What was it now?

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door.

“Enter!” Valentina said. Everyone watched as the door opened. Japanese men in suits walked into the dining room. Mikhael's eyes widened. They're They're… They're yakuza!

“Welcome,” Valentina said. She and her men stood up. They took a bow. Mikhael did the same. The Japanese men bowed too. The main man wore a black and gold male kimono. He had to be about fifty or sixty. He had his sword at his side.

“I'm sorry about your father,” he said. Valentina bowed her head.

“Thank you,” she said. “Please, take a seat.” The Hebi-Okami sat down. Mikhael looked nervous. This could go either way. Suddenly, Valentina held his hand. He whipped his head around. She kept her eyes forward.

“First things first,” the mob princess said. She held up Mikhael's hand.

“This is my fianc�, Kvasha Mikhael,” she said. The boy froze.

“Congratulations,” the yakuza boss said. The room started clapping. Mikhael looked around the room. What was this? Did he walk into another dimension? But he can't say a word. All he could do was grin and play along. Boris kept his eyes on his back. Valentina gave her guests a polite smile.

“So, shall we get down to business?” she asked.

“Why yes,” the yakuza boss said.

“Good, now let's begin,” Valentina said.

Snake Wolf