Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Mafia ❯ Volume Eight, Chapter Thirty: Red Blood Petals ( Chapter 30 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

-Mikhael-

I have an opening. We're going to the cargo bay for the “wine”. This is my chance. I rode in the car with Valentina, Boris, and four more guys. We didn't say a word. I took in slow breaths. I have to try and make this quick. Meanwhile, she keeps smiling at me. Uh…

We pulled up into the parking lot. I looked out the window. It looks like a normal building. It can't fool me! I know. I know!

Boris got out first. Then the men followed. Next me finally Valentina. Another limo pulled up beside us. Arima Harue, I think that's his name, stepped out of the car. His men followed behind. Valentina held her arms.

“Welcome!” she said. “Here she is.” The Hebi-Okami stared up at the building. I had to get inside. But how do I do it without being seen? I glanced left and right.

“Let's go inside,” Valentina said. She led us to the front door. She led us to the front door. Okay, that was easy.

---------

I managed to sneak away. I said I was going to the bathroom. I don't think they heard me. I slowly backed up. Valentina waved me off. She didn't look up once. Good, good. I turned and ran down the hall. I got away. Now what?

I thought about the basement. I don't know why. It might have been instinct. I don't know. I had to look. That place was like a maze. Why was it so dark down here? Ugh. Where's a light switch? I can't see anything. Don't look back. Keep moving. Keep moving.

I made it to the bottom step. I breathed out. Good. But it's still dark. Right... I don't know where to look.

“Andie?” I asked. “Are you here? It's me. I'm here to save you.” I turned when I heard a shuffling noise.

“Huh?” I pulled out my phone for light.

“Andie? Is that you? Andie? Andie?” My light caught something huddled in the corner. I turned and my stomach dropped. Two kids were hiding in a crate. No… Don't tell me…

“Hello?” I asked. They had a thousand-yard stare. From the dim blue light, one of the kids was a girl, and the other a boy. She looked about eight. He looked about five. I couldn't turn back.

“Hey,” I said. “Are you okay? Are you hurt?” They didn't speak. They didn't move. I took a step forward. The children trembled.

“It's okay. I'm not going to hurt you. I promise,” I said. I stepped closer.

“Do you have names? I'm Mikhael. And you are?” No answer. The little girl backed up.

“Are you bad?” she asked.

“Bad? No!” I said. “I'm here to help you.” They aren't sure if they believe me. How could they do this to children? Those monsters!

“Do you know someone named Andie?” I asked. I stayed calm as I waited. Poor kids. What happened to them? The boy slowly nodded. I fought down the excitement.

“Do you know where she is?” I asked.

“Yes,” he said.

“Can you show me?” I asked. He pointed down the hall.

“Thank you,” I said. I turned to go down the hall.

“I'll be back. Stay right there,” I said. I was about to leave when I heard a crawling noise. I turned my head. Two pairs of small hands grabbed my arms.

“Hey,” I said. They wouldn't let go. Shaking them off didn't help.

“Fine,” I said. “You can come with me.” Right. We walked further down the hall in the dark. The situation made me cringe. I had to get them out of there.

Red Blood Petals