Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 2, Chapter Nine: Broken Clock ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Broken Clock
*Shizuma*
I slept peacefully on the futon couch in the Fujita den. The den was a nice room. It wasn't as great as Yuki's room. But it had a great bed and that's all that matter.
Anyway, I slept peacefully, until I had this strange dream…
*Start Dream*
I opened my eyes to this lovely temple. It was like paradise. The gardens were a lush green. The statues were all marble. Even the temple was marble.
I was confused. What is this place? Why was I here? I slowly walked forward. The sweet air lured me farther. I felt like a zombie. No senses. No mind. Just walking. I even felt nothing.
Then, I heard someone singing. I awoke from my trance and looked around. The inside was pure jade. It was like heaven. So beautiful.
The singing grew clearer. I felt hypnotized again. I kept walking closer. I felt so faint.
I don't remember what happened after that. All I know is that when I came around again, I was in what looked like a small bedchamber. The room was a royal red. The walls and floor were a rich texture. The bed was a lovely mahogany canopy with red silk sheets. Red rose petals lay scattered across the floor. I heard a small fountain running against the wall. A small bronze altar was up ahead. Gold candles were lit up ahead.
This place made me nervous. I didn't know why. I just wanted to get the hell out of there. Then, my fears would grow stronger.
I saw a young woman. Her face was like a porcelain doll. Her long black hair was like black silk. She had eyes of red wine. Her skin was pale and fair. She was dressed in robes of a priestess. The woman was a ghost.
My fear was sky high. Who was she? Her gaze sent chills down my back. I wanted to run away. But, I couldn't. It was as if my feet were frozen to the floor. Then, the woman walked closer. I fell into panic. Her face was expressionless. What should I do? What should I do?
The woman stood right in front of me. She could see me tremble. She gave off a small smile. The woman lightly touched my cheek Her hand was like snow. I couldn't sense anything from her. No thoughts, no emotion, nothing. Everything about her was… blank! I was really scared.
“Shizuma,” the woman said. “My Shizuma.” I was really blown away. Who was she? How did she know me?
*End of Dream*
I awoke in a cold sweat. I was completely lost. Who was that woman? I felt a new fear come over me.
*Yuki*
I headed to Asuka's room before the sun rose. My heart was heavy. I knocked on the door. “What?” she asked tiredly. “Asuka,” I called. “I want to talk to you.” “Come in.” she said. I slowly opened the door.
Asuka was sitting up in bed. She looked drowsy. “Make it quick.” she said. I drew in a deep breath. “How did mom and dad meet?” I asked. There was a pause. Then, I looked closer. I was caught in a surprise. My older sister was crying! Fujita Asuka was actually crying! I was stunned. I even felt bad for even mentioning them.
“Look, if you don't want to talk about it…” I began. “Mom first met dad in her new school here,” Asuka cut in. “She had just moved here and didn't know anybody. Mom was walking to school in the rain. She was lonely and lost. She was sad that she had to leave her best friend behind.
“Then, an umbrella appeared over her head. She looked up and saw dad smiling sweetly at her. She looked at him with big puppy dog eyes. He just said: `I can't have a lovely kitten like you getting soaked, now can I?' She smiled and shook her head. They walked to school together. And the rest was history.”
She finally broke down and cried. I walked up to her and hugged Asuka tight. “Don't worry Asuka,” I whispered. “It's okay now. You've let it all out now.” I kissed her lightly on the forehead. I stayed in her room until the sun rose.
Look Back and Walk Forward