Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 5, Chapter Thirty-Four: Sister's Vacation ( Chapter 34 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sister's Vacation
*Yuki*
My cell phone rang early one morning two weeks later. I tried to ignore it at first. I pressed my pillow over my head. I hoped whoever was calling me would hang up and let me be. Well, that didn't happen. I grumbled to myself as I reached for my phone on the nightstand. “Okay!” I mumbled. “You win! You win!” I flipped open the phone and held it to my ear.
“What is this that?” I grumbled.
“Yuki!” the voice on the other line called. “Where are you?” I paused for a moment confused.
“Sasuke?” I asked. “What the hell are you doing calling me so early in the morning?”
“Early?” he asked. “Why aren't you up yet? Do you even know what day it is?”
“No,” I said. “Why?”
“It's Monday, dude!” my pal pointed out. I paused for a moment as that dude slowly woke me up.
“What?!?” I nearly yelped. I peeked from under my pillow at the clock. It almost eight now. My eyes widened at my discovery. “Aw shit!” I mumbled to myself.
“Aw shit is right! What the hell is going on? This isn't like you to sleep so late, Yuki!” Sasuke pointed out. I sat up as I began to piece together what was going on. Then, it donned on me.
“Asuka's out on vacation for two weeks!” I exclaimed. My friend didn't seem to get it.
“So?” he asked.
“My sister is the one who get me up on time!” I told him.
“Bummer, dude!” Sasuke said. “Well, get a move on! You don't want to be anymore late than you are now, do you?” He hung up after he said that. I nearly fell out of bed after that. I had to rush to get ready for school. Not a fun time to be had by all.
I finally managed to make it out the door. Shizuma stood beside the doorway smirking at me. I could hear him snickering at me. I looked him crossly.
“It's not funny!” I snapped.
“I thought it was!” my love said. “Boy, you're a mess without your sister around!”
“Shut up!” I barked red-faced. “Why didn't you wake me up on time?!?” Shizuma shrugged at me innocently.
“I don't know,” he said. “You just looked so cute lying there asleep.” I became irritated by his little game. I wasn't in the mood.
“Never mind that now!” I snapped. “Let's go!” I grabbed my love and dragged him with me. Shizu-kun laughed the whole way.
We managed to make it to school in a close amount of time. Just in time for our first class of the day. If I can just get us inside the building and straight to class, it'll be a sure shot from there. No one else will notice that I'm already late getting here. I turned to my love.
“Okay Shizu-kun,” I said sternly. “No games for today. I just want you to behave and act normal for my sake. I'm already falling apart today as it is. So, nothing too funny, okay?” Shizuma nodded at me once.
“Okay, I'll be good!” he assured me. I looked at him uneasily. I mean, this is Shizu-kun we are talking about here. He just does what he pleases whenever he wants. I didn't say what I was thinking. I just breathed out and nodded back at him smiling.
“Good!” I said with my breath. “Let's go get this over with!” I took him by the arm and dragged him to our English class. It was a close call, but Shizu-kun and I managed to make it to our seats without being seen. No questions asked, of course. Well… almost. Once I sat down, I had the feeling that all eyes were on me. I slowly looked up and around me. Annette and Katsuya were looking right at me. I felt myself getting small in my seat. Uh-oh! I'm in for it now.
“How you're late?” Annette mouthed at me. I looked away from her sheepishly. Something tells me that she's not going to give up on me until she learns the truth. Oh boy! This day just went from bad to worse. I just realized that when looked down at my feet. I noticed that my shoes and socks were mismatched. I dropped head back so that I was facing the ceiling. Aw crap! Late and I'm mismatching! Can this day get any worse? Suddenly, I heard a low grumbling noise. I looked around really confused. It donned on me that it was my stomach growling. Drat! I haven't had a good meal since Asuka left for Okinawa three days ago. I slowly sank down in my chair. Oh great! Late, mismatched, and hungry! I'm a mess today! Actually now that I think about it, I've been a mess for the past three days.
I couldn't focus in class because I was so hungry. I also left my homework at home because I was in hurry to get up for school. I just wished that the day would just end and fast forward to when Asuka came home. By lunch, I found myself up the creek even more. I realized that I didn't have enough money to buy lunch. Again, I was in a rush to get to class and forgot along with my homework. I cursed myself for my error. Asuka couldn't make me lunch, I didn't know how to cook, and I had no money on me. I sat in the cafeteria looking on at the other students eating their lunches. My stomach growled again as I sighed in misery.
Suddenly, I noticed a bento shoved right in front of me. My eyes grew wide at the food's beautiful colors. The smell made my mouth water. At first, I thought that I was imagining the sweet tempera, rice balls, and seaweed salad before me. I blinked hard. The image didn't change. The food was still right in front of me. I slowly looked up. Shizu-kun, Annette, Toyota, Katsuya, Sasuke, and Dave all stood around me. I sat up blinking.
“What's this?” I asked. My friends all smiled at me.
“Thought that you would like this,” Toyota said. I looked up with happy tears in my eyes.
“Oh thanks guys!” I cried. I brought apart the chopsticks that Annette handed me and I began chowing down. My friends all watched me eat. Sure, I looked like a pig, but I didn't care. I was just hungry! You try living off of shrimp crackers for three days! When I had finished eating, I was a happy boy! I noticed all of my friends looking at me seriously.
“What is it?” I asked. They all looked on at me with worried looks.
“Yuki,” Annette spoke up. “What is the matter?”
“What do you mean?” I asked forgetting about my situation for a moment. She looked on at me still.
“You have been coming in late for the past three days,” she pointed out. “Your clothes are a mess and you don't seem to be eating properly. Is something the matter?” I looked down at the table looking sheepishly. Could I even tell them the truth? Might as well, I have no choice. I slowly breathed in some.
“Asuka is on vacation for two weeks,” I explained sadly. “I am a mess without her now. I am reduced down to shrimp crackers for three meals a day, your guys have to call my home to wake me up for school, I can't even get myself dressed right.” I sighed after I explained myself. I looked down at the empty bento tray before me. “I just don't know what to do with myself or how long I can't last without Asuka taking care of me!” I sighed once again. Suddenly, I felt someone rubbing me on the shoulder. I slowly looked up to see Annette rubbing me on the shoulder. She smiled at him kindly.
“Don't worry,” she said. “We will take care of you until Asuka comes home you!” I looked at her in surprise. My oldest friend looked at with eyes so sincere.
“R-Really?” I asked.
“Of course!” she said. He looked over at the boys. “Am I right fellows?” she asked.
“Yeah!” the guys agreed with her. Annette turned back to me.
“There, you see?” she asked. “You're in good hands for the rest of the two weeks! Just relax and let us look out for you!” I looked at my friends and lover happily.
“Aw thanks guys!” I said happily. “I don't know what I would do without you!”
“You can just make it up to us later!” Shizu-kun said in a sultry voice. I blushed at him some.
“H-How?” I asked. He leaned in close to my face.
“With me, your fine body!” he whispered. I froze up staring at him. I could hear my friends snickering at me. Shizu-kun began massaging on my hands. Oh damn, that sexy demon sure knows how to mess with my mind! Oh man! This is going to be a long two weeks! I don't even know if I can take “paying” Shizu-kun for the care of all of my friends! *Sigh* Aw man!!!
Payment for Care