Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 5, Chapter Thirty-Six: Festival ( Chapter 36 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Festival
*Yuki*
Ah, cultural festival. A day to be proud. Well, sort of… For me, anyway. *Nervous laugh* I have learned to count on three things in my high school life: the food is not really that great, people will harass me to no end, and something always goes screwy for me at the cultural festival. This year is going to be no different. I can just feel it. Shizu-kun isn't going to be helpful for me on this one at all. I learned that when he asked me a simple request this morning. Or rather hinted a simple request at me this morning.
The first clue was that smirk he does when he's plotting something. I saw it as I was getting dressed this morning. I paused when I saw him.
“Shizu-kun,” I addressed him. My love looked up.
“Yeah?” he asked.
“What are you plotting now?”
“Oh, nothing!” I didn't buy it one bit.
“Don't lie,” I said. “I know you very well.” My lovely demon looked up at me. He was still smirking at me. I looked on nervous. He's plotting something evil. I can just feel it.
“Oh,” he said at last. “Just a little thought that I had since I woke up this morning.” I looked at him oddly.
“And what would that be?” I asked. He tried his best to keep from laughing. Okay, now I'm really suspicious. I looked at him funny.
“Okay,” I said. “Spill it! What's so funny? Come on, I can take a joke!” Shizu-kun sailed over to me and embraced me into his arms. He kissed me once on the lips. I kissed him back. He lightly pulled away some. My love leaned into my ear.
“I kind had a nice little vision about you in a dress,” he whispered. My eyes grew wide in surprise as he slowly pulled away from me. Shizu-kun was smirking at me.
“WHAT?!?” I shouted. My lovely demon gave me an innocent little shrug.
“Oh come on!” he said. “I just want to see what it would look like.”
“B-B-But why?!?” I stammered out. Shizu-kun just shrugged at me again.
“Just cause…” he said.
“Just cause what?!?” I asked. My demon tried his best not to laughing at all.
“I just want to see what you would look like in drag!” he said out loud. Then, Shizu-kun burst out into laughter. I looked at him as if he had lost his mind.
“No!” I yelped. “I won't do something that humiliating in my life!” My lovely demon stopped laughing and looked at me innocently.
“Aw, don't be like that!” he said. “It will be fun! And besides, it's the school festival today! So why not try it out? Do it for me?” I turned my head away and shut my eyes. Damn, he could be so pervasive…
So, here I am now in a schoolgirl's uniform with ribbons in my hair and make-up. Shizu-kun dressed me up like this. He managed to dig up Asuka's old school uniform from the upstairs closet that used to be mom and dad's. I still couldn't go in there. Too many painful memories. Shizu-kun came back out with the uniform in his hand. I looked at him with wide eyes. Oh no! He really means it! My love grinned at me wickedly.
“Here you are!” he announced without any shame. I shook my head at him slowly.
“No way!” I said quickly. Shizu-kun nodded at me, evilly.
“Oh, but you must!” he insisted. “It's for the festival, remember?” I sighed reluctantly.
“Fine!” I said in defeat. Shizu-kun smiled as he leaned in and tapped me on the cheek.
“Good boy,” he said softly. He flung the uniform in front of me. “Get dressed!” he commanded. “We've got class today!” I sighed again. That devil sure knows how to mess with my mind at times! Once I got dressed, Shizu-kun worked with the ribbons and make-up on me. Aw geez, this is so embarrassing. And I have to go to school like this too! Oh, fine time for Shizu-kun to screw me over like this! I insisted that I hide under him as we went out the door. He laughed to himself as he did so.
Lucky for me, Asuka still isn't back yet. (Though, I don't think she would have paid much attention anyway. But still…) The walk to school had me worried the whole time. What if someone sees me?
“They will eventually!” Shizu-kun said aloud. I froze as I remembered that he could hear thoughts. Aw drat, I can't find *anything* from him.
“Where's the fun in that if you could?” he asked. *Sweat drop on my head*
“Can you stop listening to my thoughts for one moment?” I asked him.
“Why?” he challenged. I sighed in defeat.
“Just forget so we can get this day over with!” I said at last.
“Hey, who knows? You might like dressing up like a girl before the day is over!” my boyfriend reasoned. I didn't say anything at all. There is just no convincing him otherwise. Looks like I have no choice but to grin and bear today!
We make it into the school. I look all around me. So far, everyone is busy with their booths and attractions today. Hey, maybe this won't be so bad after all. All I have to do it slip away to our class's booth, hide there, and I'll be good for the rest of the day. Of course with my luck, I'll probably be put out front to deal with the public. I just hope it doesn't come down to that.
Unfortunately, it does. Shizu-kun and I make it all the to our classroom, 12-A. We find Annette waiting for us at the doorway. She looks rather cute in her light sea green and blue mermaid costume. (Our class theme is under the ocean this year. All Annette and the rest of the female half of our classes' idea, really.) I notice that she looks really pale.
“Annette,” I greet her. “What's the matter?” She looks up and sees my clothes.
“Yuki,” she says in surprise. “Why are you dressed up like a girl?” *Sweat drop on my head as a I blush in embarrassment* Shizu-kun gracefully steps forward.
“Because,” he answers. “I asked him to.” I see Annette blushing in surprise at my embarrassing attire now. Is she having fantasies about me in drag? I better stop this before it gets out of hand.
“Never mind that,” I say quickly. “What's the problem?”
“Oh, right!” my friend says, coming back to earth. “Suki called me this morning. She can't meet to greet the people in our exhibit! She got sick with the flu.”
“What?” I ask in shock. Annette nods at us. Suki was the girl that volunteer to help our under the sea exhibit as well as greeting people at the door. Without her, we are all screwed! I look at her blankly.
“So what are you going to do?” I ask. Annette throws herself onto me in desperation. Her reaction takes me by surprise. She looks up at me in pleading worry.
“Please Yuki!” she begs. “I need your help! Please take over for Suki! I really need you!” I look at her startled.
“WHAT?!?” I cry out.
“Yuki, please!” Annette cries louder. “I can't really get anyone else to do it! I checked. Please just say yes. I'll find some way to pay you back!”
“But I don't even I have a costume!” I yelp.
“It's okay!” Annette insists. “You're fine with what you have on!” I look at her as if she has just lost her mind. She's joking, right? I sigh out loud.
“Fine!” I say in defeat. “I'll help you out.” My friend hugs me wildly.
“Oh thank you, Yuki!” she wails. I turn to Shizu-kun. He is just smirking at me while trying not to laugh. Jerk! I sigh out hard. How do I always get suckered into working for Annette during school festivals? She always does this to me year after year. And yet, I always say yes. Don't know why…
Needless to say, today turned out to be a hectic mess. It was as if any and everything that could turn out to be annoying did become annoying. Just as expected, people were staring at me in my schoolgirl uniform. Some even asked me why I was dressed up like a girl. I forced myself to smile and ushered them inside the classroom. I had to help get the food supplies when we ended up running low. Which that turned out to be every thirty seconds. God, Sasuke and Dave can be so wasteful. (Yes, they too made comments about my girly get-up. I just told them to shut up and leave me alone. They stressed me out that much!) Shizu-kun just enjoyed the whole show from the stall that Annette assigned him to. At least, I got to see him work for a change.
At the end of the day, our classroom exhibit was a success, we tied in profits with a freshman class that did a Wild West theme for their exhibit, and I was informed that my cross-dressing was what drew people to our exhibit. I didn't care in the end. When I got home, I just passed out on my bed. And this my friends, is why I don't really enjoy working on school Cultural Festival.
Work and Drag