Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 5, Chapter Forty: Feed ( Chapter 40 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Feed


*Shizuma*


It’s starting again. The hunger for blood is rising. Not right away, mind you. It is inching up in me this time. I don’t think I’ll be able to hold back. I’m worried about losing control. It’s happened to me before. That doesn’t come into one rush either. I’m worried that my Yuki-kun will be my next victim. No, I can’t let that happen. I need to stay away from him at all costs.


Bah! That idiot won’t listen to me. He’s like a little puppy to me. I try to chase him away, but he just keeps coming back. This isn’t going to work out for the both of us. I have to push him away from me. That in itself is going to be a challenge. Looks like I’m going to have to show him better than I can tell him. *Sigh* I don’t want to do that, but it’s come down to that.


That chance came last night. Yuki, his friends, and I were all studying in his living room. I sat in the back corner watching them all talk and laugh. My head was hurting right now. The sounds make me feel like I’m hearing them underwater. My palms are shaking and sweating. Just take in deep breaths. I should be able to manage for the time being. Damn it, I need blood. I looked at my boyfriend and our friends. They all looked so happy and oblivious to the storm that is brewing.
My eyes stay locked on Yuki. Such an angel. So blind and innocent to my past nature. I feel the Satan within me rising.


He’s beautiful, isn’t he?” I hear. “Soft, fair skin. Beautiful face. Rosy lips. Healthy body. He’ll be perfect to drink from!” I tightly shut my eyes. No! I can’t do that to him! My body gave way to shivering again. I slipped my thumb in my mouth and began biting. I need blood. It’s tearing me up inside. The pounding and ringing is growing louder and louder. I shut my eyes again and covered my ears. I’m sweating again, I know it. I can hear the winding tightly in my mind. The sounds have gotten heavier. The talking has grown muzzled and blended together. The clock ticking in the background doesn’t help either. I can feel the hunger ripping through my throat. I don’t know how much more I can take…


“Shizu-kun!” I hear someone say. I try to look up, but my head hurts just to move it. Beautiful green eyes before me. I blinked, confused.


“Y-Yuki?” I asked. My dear love looked at me with worried concern in his eyes.


“Shizu-kun?” he whispered. “Shhh. What’s the matter?” I stared at him as if he was talking to me in a foreign language. I could barely hear him. Those eyes of his slowly drew me deeper into him. I could see the blood running through his veins. The hungry gradually invaded my brain. I couldn’t really see Yuki’s face anymore. My breathing grew heavier.


“Shizu-kun?” I thought I heard him say. “What’s that matter? Why do your eyes look like that?” His breath against my neck finally caused me to snap. I leapt forward and pinned him down onto the floor. My love looked up at me, bewildered.


“Shizu-kun!” he cried. “What are you doing?!?” I forced his shoulders straight down to the ground. My Yuki looked up at me, wincing.


“Shizu-kun! You’re hurting me!” he cried. My teeth sprang to life as if I had flipped out a switchblade before my prey.


“I know,” I said in low, cruel voice. I sank down to bite into my lover’s neck. He tightly shut his eyes in fear. Yes, that’s right! Fear me, my beloved. You have served me well! I would have finished him with one violent drink if all of his friends hadn’t struggled to try and pull me off of him. Even then, I wasn’t letting go without a fight. I snarled at them as they kept pulling at me.


“Let me go!” I barked. “This boy is mine!!!” Did they listen? Katsuya had his arms around my neck, Sasuke held me by the waist, and Toyota and Dave held either one of my arms. They looked like they were fighting a losing battle with me for I refused to get off of my Yuki. We tussled against each other for ten more minutes, but it felt like forever in my distorted mind. My burning body finally gave out and I slumped down against my captors.


I awoke in the guest bedroom around midnight. My eyes scanned the room around me in the darkness. I found my Yuki sitting on the foot of the bed. His bed was turned to me. I blinked at him slightly confused.
“Yuki-kun?” I asked. He didn’t speak at first.


“What happened do you out there?” he asked in a low voice. I turned my eyes from him. I began to remember what I did earlier. I had just tried to attack my darling angel. The one-night stand shame washed over me. I think I’m going to be sick.


“I want you to stay away from me for a while,” I said as I kept my eyes towards the ceiling.


“What?” I heard him ask.


“Don’t ask questions!” I snapped. “I could kill you one of these days!”


“I won’t leave you!” my Yuki cried.


“No!” I barked. “Do you want to risk your life by being with me?!? I almost killed you today because of my nature! You know to do yourself a favor and get far away from me! It’s for your own good!” But, he didn’t do that. Instead, my boyfriend collapsed on top of me and held me. My body grew stiff in shock. What the hell is this boy doing? Does he not understand what I am telling him? Does he even care about his own life?


Risks for Love
Converting /tmp/phpvFNiMK to /dev/stdout