Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 6, Chapter Forty-One: Clean-Up ( Chapter 41 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Clean-Up
*Yuki*
I woke up on Sunday morning in Shizuma's room and looked over at the calendar. I didn't think much about it at first. I looked around on the floor and saw Annette, Katsuya, Dave, Toyota, and Sasuke were all laid out on the floor. But then, my eyes shot wide open as I began to realize what day it was. I sat up lighting fast and turned to Shizuma. My sexy demon was still sound asleep. I sighed and shook my head.
“Hey,” I whispered. “Hey! Hey! Get up! Shizu-kun! Asuka comes up today!” He turned over mumbling. I shook him again.
“Hey, get up!” I whispered.
“Mmm,” my boyfriend mumbled.
“Shizu-kun, please get up!” I begged. I finally got a better response.
“What?” Shizuma mumbled in a tired voice. I gave him a desperate look.
“Asuka's coming home today!” I said. There was nothing at first. Shizuma squinted at me.
“So?” he asked.
“Look!” I cried. He peeked out among the guest room. My boyfriend still didn't get it.
“So?” he asked again.
“The house is a mess!” I cried. Shizuma looked at me, still half-asleep.
“And Asuka's coming today?” he asked.
“YES!!!” I shouted. Shizuma lightly shushed me.
“Calm down,” he whispered.
“But I can't!” I wailed. “I'll get in trouble if she finds the house in this state!”
“I know,” Shizuma whispered. “But we can't fix the problem if you are panicking like this, can we?” I closed my mouth. He does have a point there. I nodded a little bit.
“Good,” my boyfriend said. “Now, go and get dressed. I'll work out what to do next from here.” I stared at him for a moment, blankly. Shizuma urged me along.
“Go!” he hissed. It still took a second to get it. I nodded when I finally did.
“Right, right,” I replied. I crawled out of the futon-folding bed and started putting on my clothes.
“Wait!” I heard Shizuma say. I glanced over at him.
“What?” I asked. I noticed him grabbing at me.
“Go as you are,” he told me. I whipped around with big eyes.
“WHAT?!?” I cried.
“Shhh, not so loud,” he said. “Just walk to you room to shower and get dressed as you are now.”
“Naked?!?” I whispered.
“Yeah,” he said with a nod.
“Why?” I asked him with a blank face. Shizuma only shrugged at me.
“Cause,” he said.
“Cause why?” I asked him.
“Humor me and did it,” he replied. My cheeks burned at his last response.
“Okay…” I mumbled at last. I began my heated walk out of the guest room to my room. My back feels red now. I can hear Shizu-kun smirking at me. He's enjoying this, isn't he?, I thought in discomfort.
After I took my shower and got dressed, I found everyone in the kitchen. Shizuma stood in front of my friends as they all crowded around the island. They all looked up and saw me walking in. Shizuma grinned at me.
“Oh good, you're here,” he said. My cheeks are turning pink. His voice and the events an hour ago flashed before my brain. Why does he do this to me?, I thought. Katsuya patted the stool next to him.
“Come take a seat,” he said. I did so once I recovered. Shizuma gave a quick head count before he spoke.
“Alright,” he said. “Asuka's going to be home in a few hours and the state of this house leaves much to be desired. So, we have to get right to work.”
“Right!” we said.
“Best to divide the chores,” my boyfriend went on. “Dave, you have the bathrooms. Sasuke, the kitchen. Annette, get the living room. Toyota, the hallway. Katsuya, Yuki, and I have the guest room. We will all clean the porch together. Got it?”
“Right!” we all said again.
“Okay then,” he said. “Let's get to work.” We all got up and scattered out to do the work to save my ass from Asuka's potential wrath.
To be honest, I had my doubts at first. Except for Annette, Shizuma, and maybe Toyota, my friends are all goofballs. I doubted that the house would be clean in time. Apparently, I am easy to read.
Because Annette looked up and asked, “Something wrong, Yuki?” I jerked my head up at her voice.
“Huh?” I asked.
“You seem worried, what's on your mind?” she asked. I shook my head.
“Nothing, nothing,” I lied. Her face told me that she didn't believe me one bit. She gently patted my shoulder.
“You don't think we'll get down in time?” she asked. I shifted my eyes away from her. My old friend only smiled at me.
“There, there,” she assured me. “We can pull it off.” I stared at her.
“You sure?” I asked. Annette nodded at me.
“And besides,” she said. “Shizuma will whip them into shape if this get out of line.” I nodded at her with a little smile.
“This is true,” I said. Then, she patted me on the shoulder again.
“Come on, you big baby!” Annette said. “The house won't clean itself, you know!” I nodded at her.
“Yeah,” I said. We parted and got right to work. Amazingly, it didn't take too much time. The house was clean before dinner. (We did have to stop to eat lunch at one point. Then, it was back to work.) When it was all done, we sat in the living room and waited. I couldn't help but to smile.
“You guys did great,” I spoke up.
“Of course!” Dave cheered. “What? Did you think we would all goof off instead?” *Sweat drop on my head as I nervously laugh*
“Now why would I think that?!?” I asked quickly.
“Come on! Have a little more faith in us, man!” Dave said.
“Okay…” I said with a nervous smile. Then, the door bell rang.
“Who is that?” I asked.
“I think that's Asuka,” Katsuya whispered. I thought about that for a moment.
“I think you're right,” I whispered. Then, we heard the door unlocking and opening.
“Yuki-kun!” I heard my sister calling as she walked through the house. She came in a found us waiting in the living room for her. Asuka looked around the room.
“Okay,” she said. “What did you all do while I was gone?” Shizu-kun only smiled at her.
“This and that,” he said.
“It doesn't look like it,” she replied.
“I know,” my boyfriend said with a grin.
Clean Sweep