Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 7, Chapter Fifty: Promised Date ( Chapter 50 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Promised Date

-Toyota-

Happy days are coming for me. I finally get to go on a date with Ayeka-san. She said yes. I know, I couldn't believe it myself. I had to pinch myself in the cheek after she answered me. Yesterday, I decided to go and suck it up. I marched up to her in the hall. Ayeka-san had just closed her locker when she turned and saw me. She jumped with her hands to her chest.

“Oh, Toyota-kun,” she said. “You scared me there.”

“I apologize,” I said, bowing my head. I locked eyes with her for I don't know how long. Ayeka-san raised her eyebrow.

“Uh… Did you want something?” she asked. I stood up straight and cleared my throat.

“Are you free tomorrow?” I asked.

“Sure,” Ayeka-san said. “Why do you ask?” I gulped as my face turned red.

“Please go out with me!” I shouted as I quickly bowed. There it was. I finally asked out the princess of the school. What happened next was up to her. I had prepared myself if she rejected me. Maybe we could still be friends if we don't end up as a couple. Maybe I could…

“Okay,” she said. I looked up with big eyes.

“Wait… are you serious?” I asked.

“Yes,” Ayeka-san said. I pinched myself in the cheek. No, this was reality and the princess of the school agreed to go out with me.

“Wow,” I mouthed. Ayeka-san tilted her head.

“Is something wrong?” she asked. I quickly shook my head.

“What time should I pick you up?” I asked.

“Noon, I guess,” she said.

“Alright,” I said, nodding. “I'll pick you up then.” My eyes shifted back and forth. “Uh… bye-bye!” I took off running as fast as I could I think I did great, except for that last part. When I disappeared around the corner, I smacked myself in the forehead.

Why did I do that? Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

A general sense of happiness took over after I cursed myself for twenty minutes. I've got a date with Ayeka-san. I broke down squealing like a little girl.

--------

By Saturday, I was freaking out. I paced around my room looking for the right suit to wear. I couldn't get it. I'm just going on one date. There shouldn't be much pressure, right? Just look nice and be myself. We're going to a nice movie, grab a bite to eat, and go walk around the park. It should be easy, yes? I can do this! No pressure.

I turned when I heard a knock on my door.

“Who is it?” I asked. When the door opened, my mom poked her head inside.

“Mom?” I asked, tilting my head. Mom narrowed her eyes at me and gave me a confused look.

“You're looking nice today,” she said. “Going somewhere today?” My cheeks turned bright red.

“I have a date today,” I said.

“Oooo,” she said. “Is she cute?” I blushed when she asked.

“Yes,” she said.

“I see.”

“Did you want something?”

“Huh?”

“What do you want, mom?”

She stared at me as the lazy-susan in her brain started up again. “Ah. Never mind. You just have fun on your date. We'll talk when you get home.” I looked confused as she headed out my room. Strange…

I looked over at my alarm clock on my nightstand. Oh, I need to get going! I took one more look at myself before I headed out.

-------

I whistled when I first saw Ayeka-san's house. My jaw dropped the second I stood at the gate. This place… Whew! The princess of the school lived in a mansion. The flowers dropped on the ground. Oh wow! I shook my head and walked up to the gate. My heart raced as I rang the buzzer.

“Hello?” a woman asked on the other line. I gulped as I tried to gather my words.

“I'm to pick up your daughter for our date!” I said.

“I'm sorry… But who are you?” the lady asked.

“T-T-Toyota!” I said. “We go to the same school together.” There was a pause on the other line.

“Hold on,” the woman said on the other line. I gulped as the intercom clicked off. Did I screw up? I don't think I did. It should be fine. Right? Right?

I looked up when I heard the gates opening. Ayeka-san looked so beautiful in her short red short and low black heels. She blushed as she looked down at herself.

“Hi,” she mumbled.

“You look beautiful,” I said.

“Thanks,” she said. “You don't look bad yourself.” I straightened up my dark blue tie.”

“Thanks!” I said. I held out my hand. “Shall we get going?” My heart pounded against my chest as our hands touched.

“Where exactly are we going?” Ayeka-san asked. I rubbed the back of my head.

“We'll go wherever you want to go,” I said.

“But where?”

“Where do you want to go first?”

My date thought about that for a moment. “There is a one place I want to go.”

---------

Ayeka-san and I ended up in a newly opened publicly rose garden. The different colored petals enhanced her beauty in the sunlight shining through the glass ceiling. She ran her fingers along the petals of a white rose. I looked around in awe and confusion.

“How did you find this place?” I asked.

“A friend of my father owns this place,” Ayeka-san said. She turned to me on the dirt path. “Dad promised to take me here, but he's too busy for work.”

“I can relate,” I said. I began to think back to my folks. My old man left when I was kid. Mom was mostly out in her own world. Only rare times where she did come in and act like a parent. I began to think back to why my mom came into my room. What did she want to say? I couldn't help but notice the sad look in her eyes. Was she dying? No, that can't be it. Was Dad coming back? That couldn't be it. What did she want earlier?

“Are you okay?” I heard someone ask.

“Huh?” I asked. I looked up to see Ayeka-san staring at me with a concerned look at me.

“You look like you're preoccupied there,” she said. “Are you sick or something?” She reached out to touch my forehead. I shook my head as I pushed away her hand.

“Yeah,” I said. “I'm fine. I just had something from home on my mind.” I looked around at the brightly colored roses.

“The flowers are beautiful,” I said.

“Aren't they?” Ayeka-san asked. I smiled and shook my head.

“Not as beautiful as you,” I said. The red roses behind her couldn't compare to the blush on her cheeks. I came by her side and we continued down the dirt path surrounded by the sweet-scented flowers. I think I am going to enjoy this date.

First Date Surrounded by Flowers