Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 7, Chapter Fifty-Two: Search ( Chapter 52 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Search

-Shizuma-

I have been hearing rumors lately. There have been whispers that my mother sold her soul to the demon to have me. Some even said that she was raped by the demon. Normally, I ignored these rumors. But lately, one of them has gotten to me. My mother was a demon queen reborn as a human? That couldn't be right. I had been told by her people that she was human. I would've brushed off this rumor by now.

Something felt different.

I had to know the truth. While Yuki was asleep, I snuck out and headed downtown. I trailed the source of the rumor to a fortune teller. This old lady reeked of my kind. She only pretended to be a human to feed off of her intended victims. I saw through her mask when she tried to ensnare Yuki-kun five weeks ago. She would've had him if hadn't stepped in time. That's when she said it.

“Son of the Demon Lord,” she said. I snorted and pushed back my hair.

“Where have I heard that before?” I asked. “They've been saying that about me for years.” That old lady lowered her eyes.

“I was talking about your mother,” she said in low growl. I turned and eyed her.

“What did you say?” I asked.

“Oh, don't you know?” she asked. “Your mother was the reincarnation of a demon queen of hell.”

“That's a lie!” I shouted. “She was born a human.” That old bat smirked and shook her head.

“Why don't you ask her for the truth?” she asked. Why couldn't I have just brushed her like I usually do? I tried to keep it down even through my trial. Even then, it kept building. While I was alone, I started looking of the truth. Looking back, some of the other demon Ronahon started whispering about me. I just thought it was about my past or my relationship with a human. Now, I'm starting to think it might be something else.

Tonight, I couldn't take it anymore. I slipped back into the living realm and tracked down that old lady. I found her back that old shop near the arcade. Of course, it was closed, but I didn't care. I teleported inside with red in my eyes. To my surprise, she was standing behind the counter, smirking.

“Welcome,” she said with her hands out.

“You!” I snapped. “What do you know about my mother?”

“Not much,” she said. “Just the rumors. You will have to ask her yourself.” My nostrils flared.

“But she's dead, you old hag!” I said.

“You know,” that old lady said. “But, you can bring her soul here to ask her all of the questions that you want.” I raised an eyebrow.

“Are you trying to con me?” I asked.

“Not at all,” she said.

“So why are you trying to help me?”

The old woman shrugged. “I just find this rumor rather interesting. I want to see what happens for myself.” I frowned and narrowed my eyes.

“You better not be trying to rip me off,” I said under my breath. The old woman held out her hand.

“So what do you say?” she asked. “Will you take me up on your offer?” I snorted and folded my arms across my chest.

“You're not going to leave me alone otherwise, are you?” I asked.

“It's up to you,” that annoying old woman said. I dropped my shoulders and rolled my eyes.

“Alright,” I said.

“Come over here,” she said. I walked over with my eyes narrowed. She touched me on the forehead and muttered an old language under her breath. My whole body went stiff as my eyes grew wide.

Wait… What is…?

My mouth moved on itself own as if to keep up with that creepy old lady. My vision blurred and my eyes rolled back into my head.

Everything went black around me. What did that old lady do? My eyes shifted left and right as my whole body went cold. Before I had a chance to figure out what she did, a light warmth touched my cheek. When I turned my head, my heart began racing.

“Mother?” I asked.

Mother and Son