Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 7, Chapter Fifty-Three: Art Show ( Chapter 53 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Art Show

-Yuki-

Shizuma-kun's been acting cold lately. It was like when I was first trying to get close to him. He won't tell what's wrong no matter how much I ask.

“It's personal,” he would say. “Don't worry about it.” But I can't help but to worry. His problems become my problems. That's just how love works.

But, there is a more pressing matter at hand.

Katsuya and I stood with our mouths wide open.

“What?” I asked.

“Are you serious?” Katsuya asked. Dave rubbed the back of his head.

“Sorry, man,” he said. “The other two volunteers dropped out at the last minute. You guys were the first two that popped into my mind.”

“But we're not good with children,” Katsuya said. “Why us?

“Well, Toyota's moving. Sasuke's busy with his dad this weekend. And I can't see Shizuma with any children,” Dave pointed out. I rubbed my forehead.

“We are the wrong people to ask,” I said.

“Please,” he pleaded. “I don't know where else to turn. Just do this solid for me. Just this once, please?” Dave looked like a child pleading for ice cream. You see, he pretends to be stupid, but he knows how to hook us in. You can guess what happened next.

--------

That's right. He got us. What does Dave want us to do today? We are taking his sister and her group of friends to the art show at her school. Why did he need us, I have no idea? But, Katsuya and I felt like old goats surrounded by these look kids. I was almost afraid that I would accidentally step on one of them. I turned when I felt a nudge in my side. Katsuya looked at me with big eyes.

“Can we go now?” he whispered.

“Not yet,” I said back.

“When?” Katsuya asked. I shrugged and shook my head. He frowned and puffed up his cheeks. Sorry, I don't know how to help you.

“Is everyone here?” we heard a woman ask. Katsuya and looked up to see a lady in her early thirties walking towards us. Her high heels sounded teacherish as she walked. I don't think I've ever seen pearls that big before. This woman's grin made me feel uncomfortable. She stood within inches of Katsuya and I. The more I looked at her, the more every part of me screamed “run away”. This lady took a long look at us.

“Are you here for someone or volunteers?” she asked. Katsuya forced himself to smile.

“Volunteers,” I was quick to say. That creepy lady clapped her hands together.

“Great!” she said. “Follow me.” I'd rather not, but we're stuck here anyway. Dave, Katsuya, and I reluctantly her followed her to back.

--------

Our jobs were basically baby-sitting. Yeah, there's no other way to explain it. We were just baby-sitters to a bunch of little girls. We had to go around and make sure they were well-behavior. Some of them were easy and quiet. But others, I had to keep Katsuya from murdering some little children. I would rub on his shoulder when he'd start trembling.

“It's going to be okay,” I whispered. “Just make it through this day.” That wasn't the weirdest thing yet. I happened to turn behind me at one point and see a part of gold eyes staring at me from the doorway. I tilted my head.

Shizuma-kun?

“Yuki!” Dave shouted.

“Huh?” I asked as I turned my head.

“You're needed at Group E!” he said at the clay figurines.

“Okay,” I said. As I walked over to my needed station, I turned my head and looked over my shoulder. To my disappointment, there was nobody in the doorway. I could've sworn that Shizuma-kun was standing there, watching me. Maybe it's me trying to wish for an escape.

“Yuki!” Dave called again. I about jumped.

“I'm coming,” I said. I jogged over to Group E. Unfortunately when I got there, Serena was in said group. When she saw me, her little eyes filled with stars.

“Honey!” she shouted. Before I had a chance to react, that crazy little girl ran towards me and hugged me wildly. I looked at Dave to save me. Fine time for him to be looking the other way. I tried to flag him down, but it didn't do any good. Giggling drew my attention downwards. A crowd of eight little girls were staring up at me.

“What?” I asked as I tried to pry Serena off.

“Are you Serena's boyfriend?” a little girl with red hair asked.

“Yes!” Serena said.

“No!” I said. “Now get off of me.” She gave me a goofy smile as she looked me in the eye.

“You're so silly!” she said. That crazy girl clung tighter as I tried pushing her off. I was about to speak when someone grabbed me by the shoulder and pulled me upwards. Serena fell to the gym floor on her butt. My body was dragged out of the gym and pushed up against a wall. When I opened my eyes, Shizuma-kun stood in front me, frowning. My heart pounded against my chest.

“Shizuma-kun?” I asked. My boyfriend snorted.

“You need to have more of a backbone around that child,” he said. “The way she hangs on you makes me sick.”

“So you're staying here then?” I asked.

“Of course I am!” Shizuma-kun shouted.

“There are a lot of little kids here,” I warned him. My demon boyfriend stuck up his nose.

“I can take it,” he said. Something inside of me wasn't so convinced.

“Okay,” I mumbled under my breath. Shizuma-kun let go of my shoulder and marched back into the gym. I forced myself to smile as I followed close behind. Part of me only hoped that I would be proved wrong, but… yeah. This won't end well.

Fun Time with the Kids