Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 9, Chapter Sixty-Nine: Evaluation ( Chapter 69 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Evaluation

Last summer, Yuki and his friends experienced a rather peculiar teacher. He didn't wear a suit. Just a shirt, nice pants, and a tie. The man had to be about late twenties. He shook his head.

“No good,” he said. “This is no good.” The class looked confused. The teacher lifted his chin.

“Regroup yourselves,” he said. The students looked confused.

“What?” they asked.

“Go on,” he said. “Get moving.” The students slowly moved around into different pairs. What were they doing? The teacher smiled at them.

“Perfect,” he said. “Now, I have a little assignment for all of you.” The teacher looked at all of his students.

“You will take this time to get to know your partner for the day,” he said. The students had puzzled looks on their faces. What kind of assignment was this? The teacher clapped his hands.

“Go on! Get moving! You only have a few minutes in this class,” he said. So the assignment began.

-Shizuma and Annette-

They didn't speak to each other. She looked over at him.

“Why don't like me?” she asked.

“Hm?” he asked.

“I don't want him like that.”

“I didn't say that.”

“You didn't need to. I can see it in her eyes.”

Shizuma wrinkled his nose. “What are you to him?”

Annette flipped back her blonde hair. “A friend. An old friend.”

“Heh.”

“What?”

The demon just shrugged. “Nothing. Nothing at all.”

Annette narrowed her eyes. What was with this? After all of this time, she still couldn't figure him out.

-Yuki and Dave-

“Do you like Annette?” Dave asked.

“What? No!” Yuki said. He cleared his throat.

“We're just friends,” he said. Dave raised his eyebrow.

“You sure?” he asked.

“Yeah,” the other boy said. “In fact, I am seeing someone else.”

“Who? Shizuma?” Dave asked. Yuki blushed as he nodded. The American boy wrinkled his nose.

“Why?” he asked. Yuki lowered his eyes and blushed.

“He saved me,” he said in a small voice. The boy glanced over at his boyfriend. He looked over at Dave. Now his American friend was interested. Yuki dropped his shoulders.

“Do you want the long version or the short version?” he asked. Dave sat back in his chair.

“How long do we have?” he asked.

-Masato and Katsuya-

“How have you been?” Masato asked.

“Good, you?” Katsuya said. The other boy nodded.

“Good,” he said. The boys sat silent, looking around. Masato shrugged his shoulders.

“Have you tried to talk to Annette?” he asked. Katsuya sat up straight with a bright red face. Masato raised his eyebrow.

“Oh-ho!” he said.

“Shut up,” Katsuya said with clinched teeth. Masato covered his mouth as he laughed. He didn't care about who was looking at him. His friend's face felt like it was on fire. Katsuya smacked him on the arm.

“Shut it!” he said. Masato calmed down and smiled.

“But seriously, dude, are you going to tell her?” he asked. Katsuya blinked.

“Huh?” he asked. Masato leaned in close to his face.

“You know? Confess to her,” he said. His friend's face was bright red.

“I can't do that!” he said. The other boy raised his eyebrow.

“And why is that?” he asked. Katsuya's eyes shifted away from him.

“I just can't,” he said.

“Why?”

“It would just be too weird. She's Yuki's friend, you know?”

“So?”

Katsuya stared at him. “What do you mean?”

Masato kind of smiled at him. “If you really like her, you should still take a chance. What's the worst that could happen?”

“She could reject me,” Katsuya said under his breath. Masato smacked him on the arm.

“All the more to try, right?” he asked. “She might like you back.” Katsuya winced as he rubbed his arm.

“Really?” he asked. Masato shrugged.

“Only one way to find out,” he said. Katsuya frowned and sighed. Why did he have to sound like he made sense?

-Sasuke and Toyota-

“So we just talk until time up, huh?” Toyota asked.

“Yeah,” Sasuke said, nodding. The boys just sat in silence. What did they need to say? They practically saw each other every day.

“So how are things with you and Ayeka?” Sasuke asked. Toyota's face turned bright red.

“Uh… Well… Uh…” he said, turning his head away.

“Not much, huh?” the other boy asked. Toyota slowly shook his head. He glanced up at his friend.

“How about you with Minako?” he asked. Sasuke went silent as his face turned bright red.

“Shut up,” he mumbled. Both boys sat quiet with bright red cheeks.

How did the first day of this exercise go? Well, it could use a little bit of tightening up if this teacher was going to keep going with this class. Oh well, he can still try again tomorrow.

Getting to Know You