Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 10, Chapter Eighty: Dark Sickness ( Chapter 80 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dark Sickness

-Shizuma-

I don't have much long to live. I've tried to keep this a secret. But I'm afraid I can't do that anymore. It's starting to show on my hands. I can barely keep myself awake. Yuki are starting to see it too.

“Are you feeling okay?” he asked. I lifted my head.

“What?” I asked. I saw that worried look on his face. No… Don't look at me like that. I thought my heart was going to break. I shook my head.

“It's nothing,” I lied. “It's going to be okay. We're going to be okay. I'm going to be okay.” Who was I saying this to? To Yuki? But he doesn't believe me. I could see it in his eyes. To me? No, I don't believe it myself. Yuki stepped forward and pulled me into his arms. I didn't try to push him off. I didn't try to hold him back. I just stood there, limp.

----------

It's getting worse. I am starting to lose more time. Sometimes it's minutes while other times it feels like days. Yuki has noticed this for quite some time now.

“It's like you are here and you are not here at the same time, you know?” he said. I tried to think of something to say, but nothing came out. My stomach turned.

“Are you sure you are okay?” he asked. I lowered my eyes.

“Actually, no…” I said. My boyfriend tilted his head.

“What's the matter?” he asked. I wanted to speak, but my head felt like it was swimming. My vision slowly blurred.

“Shizuma? Shizuma?” was the last thing I heard before everything went black.

-----------

Now let me tell you about how I almost died.

Pure darkness. I opened my eyes. I couldn't feel my body as I felt like I was floating in the middle of nowhere. Where Where am I?

Suddenly, I know that I am not alone.

There's a figure in the distance. I can barely make it out through the brightness. I felt compelled to go to it, but something inside of me is screaming at me to not do that. I must not call to it. I don't want to die. It's funny. I used to not care. But then he came along. Yuki. I dryly laughed to myself.

Damn it.

I'm awake that something is closer to me now. But I do not look up. If I look up, I will die. I can hear her voice inside my head. Icy fingers caressed my right cheek.

What is it you desire?

I I Yuki's face popped up in my head. I pressed my lips together.

I want to be back with my Yuki.

Is this what you really desire?

I lifted my chin. Yes. Cold arms wrapped around my body. I fought to keep myself stoic in her presence. Claws sank into my back. Still, I wouldn't shout.

You can't stay away from me forever. You and I will meet again. You can't outrun me forever.

I shut my eyes. I know this.

And you still want to be with this Yuki boy?

Yes!

So be it. Her grip loosened from my body. I dropped into an endless pit as her light went out.

--------

I woke up to see Yuki sitting on the foot of my bed. There was that worried look on his face. I gave him a weak smile.

“Hey,” I said. “Don't look at me like that. I'm not dead yet,” I said. Yuki leapt forward weeping. I patted him on the back of his head.

“Come on,” I said. “Come on. Don't cry.” Yuki cried against my chest.

“I thought I lost you,” he whimpered. “I don't want to lose you again. Please don't leave me!” I smiled and shook my head. There was only one way to fix this. I lifted his chin to look at me.

“Go out on a date with me,” I said.

“What?” Yuki asked. I leaned down and kissed him on the lips. I gently pulled away.

“Go out on a date with me,” I said again. He pressed his lips together and gulped.

“Okay,” he said. I kissed him on the lips again. This was going to have to do for now.

On Borrowed Time