Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 11, Chapter Eighty-One: Lover Gone ( Chapter 81 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Lover Gone

-Yuki-

He's gone again. I thought we were getting better. I shouldn't have been so foolish. Our date last night was amazing. I was just happy he didn't die. He lied to me. He said that he would stay by me forever. My eyes filled with tears. Why did he leave me?

I woke up with a note on the pillow next to me.

“Huh?” I asked. I reached over and picked it. That one page hurt me.

“I can't stay with you anymore. Don't look for me. We are done.”

My hands trembled as I read the note again and again. Tears hit the paper. My heart began to ache. How could he do this to me? My head dropped onto the pillow.

I didn't get out of bed for the rest of the day. I wish I could say that I wasn't surprised. It still hurt. There was a knock on my door.

“Yuki!” Asuka said. “What's the matter? Are you okay in there? Yuki? Yuki?” I pulled the pillow over my head and turned over on my side.

“He's gone!” I shouted.

“What?” Asuka asked. I heard the door open.

“Yuki,” my sister said. I didn't move as she walked over to my bed. Her hand rested on my shoulder.

“What's the matter? What happened?” she asked. I pulled the pillow tighter over my head.

“It's the note on the pillow!” I shouted.

“Note?” she asked. I nodded to myself. Tears ran down my cheeks. I could hear her shift over as she reached over to the other pillow. It didn't take her long to read the note.

“Yuki, I'm so sorry,” she said. I let myself break down crying. She put her hand on my shoulder.

“Is there anything I can do for you?” Asuka asked.

“No!” I shouted. “Just… please…” She didn't speak. The tears wouldn't stop. I held my hand to my chest. How could he do this to me? Why did he hurt me again? He said that he loved me. Why would he do this to me? The tears wouldn't stop coming.

---------

-Shizuma-

I'm so sorry, Yuki. It had to be this way. I didn't even look back at the house as I kept walking. I know that I lied to him. The situation… The situation has changed. He wouldn't understand. He and I came from two different worlds. It would never work out. The best thing is for Yuki to forget that we were ever a thing.

I could feel my heart aching in my chest. Yuki won't get over me, but he has to try. I have to try and end all of this before it destroys everything around me. If I was going to do this, I was going to have to do this alone.

I held my fist to my chest. I'm so sorry, Yuki. That was one promise that I couldn't keep. I dragged my feet further down the empty morning street.

----------

-Yuki-

I didn't think it could get any worse for me. It wouldn't be until later that evening that it would. Asuka rose to her feet.

“Right,” she said. “If you are going to mope around in bed, you are at least going to get something to eat.” She paused for a moment.

“I will be right back,” she said. I didn't respond as Asuka walked out of my room. I shut my eyes and let more tears fall. I just let myself cry for god knows how long.

I had no idea how many times I was about to face during that summer.

Broken Heart Blues