Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Nishi Kaze ❯ Vol. 11, Chapter Eighty-Two: Silent Cure ( Chapter 82 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Silent Cure

-Yuki-

I wasn't going to let it end this way. When I was able to pull myself together, I decided that I was going to go out and look for Shizuma. But first, Asuka made me sit down and eat.

“I made breakfast for you. You are at least going to sit down and eat,” she said. I sat down as I pressed my lips together. I learned a long time ago not to argue with her.

I went to all of the places that we usually go. He was nowhere to be fought. No one had seen him either.

“I'm sorry,” they said. “He's not been here.” The more I looked, the more despair started to sink in. Maybe he was really gone this time. What if he never came back this time? I shook my head. No! I refused to believe that. I have to find him. There was still one place I haven't looked yet.

I made it to the shrine hidden in the alleys. I could feel my heart pounding against my chest. Something about it felt so wrong. I shook the feeling and began walking forward. I had to find my Shizuma. My body felt heavy as I walked closer. Murmuring came from behind me. I shut eyes and shook my head. I couldn't turn back now.

Each step made me feel like I was choking. I gripped my chest as my eyes began to water. I only had one thought on my mind.

Shizuma, I'm coming.

Does he really want you back?

I froze but didn't turn around. A pair of ghostly hands rested on my shoulders. Still, I wouldn't turn around. I shook off the hands and went further up the stairs. That voice wouldn't leave me alone.

Why do you even bother? He's gone. Do you really think that he's coming back?

I wouldn't listen to this voice. Nothing else mattered to me. I had to see Shizuma again.

What will you do if he doesn't want to see you?

“I don't know.” I didn't have a plan when I finally got out of bed. All I thought was trying to find Shizuma again. I didn't care if he didn't want anything to do with me. I at least had to see him. The more I walked up the stairs, the more my body felt heavy. It felt like something was crushing down on me. I thought my lungs were going to burst. Still, I couldn't give up. I was almost at the last step.

You're wasting your time. He doesn't want to see you. You might as well just give up and go home.

“No!” I shouted. “I will not turn back! I have to see him!”

Are you sure?

I shut my eyes. “Yes!” My voice echoed through the darkness. I could feel the air shaking around me. I made it to the top of the stairs. I tuned out the laughter behind my head.

Fine, so be it. But let's see if you can do that with a handicap.

Before I could ask, I ended up sinking into a sky of black.

---------

When I woke up, it felt like something was missing. I sat up and looked around. Nothing looked out of place in this shrine. Still, something wasn't right. I tried to speak, but no sound came out. I put my hand to my throat. I tried to speak again, but no sound came out again. My eyes widened as I realized what happened. Oh no, don't tell me…

Hush