Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Sent from Heaven ❯ Truth or Dare? ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]


Disclaimer: Story belongs to author. I belong to the prison for Bad Updaters.

Warnings: Nothing graphic... yet. And beware! I have prison warderns... er... body guards...




Chapter 10: Truth or Dare?


I started running. Turns out the block was big. Wait, no, that was wrong. It was huge.

There were only three houses on the block: hers, Josh's, and some old scary hermit. They were all lined up in a row. The block shouldn't be this big, dammit!

"Damn rich people," I muttered.

It took me about three minutes on the first side, but then I started feeling the effects from sprinting for so far.

I would have found my situation funny if I weren't at risk of being seen in my bra...

I tried to keep a fast pace and made a rough map in my head. Right now, I was running on the side of the three backyards. I had another shorter side after this one, and then I would turn onto the Liz's street. But her house would be on the opposite end of the road.

I turned another corner, and estimated how much time I had left. Three on the first side, five on the next. That meant... Shoot! I had five minutes to get back to Liz's! I sped up.

I ran around the last corner, counting the seconds in my head. One ninety-two, one ninety-three...

My breath was coming in gasps now, and I stopped counting, wondering if I should have cut through the yards. My face was turning red (or at least more red than it was) from embarassment as I thought of running through Liz's yard in a bra with her giant spot lights on.

Liz's house was about thirty yards away now... twenty... I stepped onto the edge of her giant yard, and I suddenly couldn't see anymore. I hope I'm not blacking out... I thought vaguely.

Oh.

Spot lights.

I saw Josh and Chad laughing and Liz grinning at me, and I couldn't help but laugh myself, still gasping.

When I got to the porch, I stumbled on the steps, but I didn't hit the ground. I looked up and saw Josh holding my arms with a smile on his face. My stomach did a back flip.

He helped me up and handed me my shirt, still grinning. We went back downstairs, and it was my turn to pick.


---

"Chad, truth or dare?"

"Truth."

"Do you plan on kissing Liz anytime soon?"

"Yeah," he replied. "Who wouldn't?"

"Me!" I shouted.

"Well, besides you."

"Okay. Chad, go." I said.

"Liz, truth or dare?"

"Dare," Liz said nervously.

"I dare you to pose like a model in a bikini in your neighbor's front yard! You have to get a picture."


---

Liz and I went to pick out a bikini. She had a bikini closet the size of my regular closet. It was filled tons of awesome swimsuits.

I found a really cute pink one with green and white accents. It had a cool green thorn design at the top and a layer of white with green polka dots on it. The bottom was pink with different shades of pink for the flowers.

I told her I liked it, so she decided to wear it. I grabbed her camera -- and Chad's, as an afterthought. He would definately want a picture.


---

"Hope your mom doesn't mind that I'm borrowing your front yard, Josh."

Josh's dad had died when he was ten, and nobody ever mentioned him. His mom had never remarried. Liz had told me this on the way back from her swimsuit heaven.

We went over to Josh's yard. Chad laid a towel down on the grass so it would look like she was tanning in front of a flowerbed. It was really funny, and we were all trying -- in vain -- to cover up our laughter. Liz glared alot, but you could tell that she was holding back a smile, too.

We took the pictures, laughing harder from Chad's commentary. Liz was grinning now, and we all ran back to the house.

Liz threw on a t-shirt with some jeans, and we kept playing.


---

"Josh, truth or dare?"

"Dare," he said, smirking.
Smiling mischeviously, Liz came over to us to discuss his dare. We decided that the first one was a bit harsh, so Liz came up with another one.
"One, you can run around my house fifteen times in your boxers..." Josh tried to hide a grimace. "Or two, you can make out with Nicole for ten minutes in the spare bedroom." I fought to keep my blush down, but I was still excited.

He waited a minute, pretending to think really hard about his choices. Then, smiling at me, he chose the making out. My stomach did a flip as I grinned back at him.

He grabbed my hand and started leading me to the spare bedroom after winking at Liz. She shrugged and smiled as a way of saying "You're welcome."




Reviews, constructive criticism, and flames are welcome!

Gah! Please don't chain me to my computer! I'm extremely, extremely, very, super sorry about the wait. Next time it happens, I'll let you lock me in a burning closet filled with angry dogs... Not this time though... *runs the hell away*

Next time: Moving Forward.



.