Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Basil ❯ Chap Two: The Tiger Rabbit ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Tiger Rabbit
“Basil-san!” Ginko yelled the next morning. “Wha?!?” Basil said quickly as she woke up. She looked to see her old nanny in the doorway. “What is it?” Basil asked. “I just got off the phone. Princess Tsukibara is coming!” said Ginko. Basil's eyes grew big. “Well, why don't quickly leapt out of bed and got dressed. “When is she coming?” Basil asked in the bathroom. “This afternoon.” the nanny answered. “At the subway station, right?” Basil asked. “Hai.” Ginko answered. Basil came out. “Arigato.” she said. Then ran out the door.
Basil was nervous. “It's been fifteen long years!” she thought. Basil closed her eyes and pictures little Kohana in her mind. “Fifteen whole years.” Basil thought.
The subway station was packed full. Basil had to fight her way through the crowds. She didn't enjoy her battles. When Basil finally found a bunch, she collapsed down onto it. “I need to rest!” she thought.
Around three o'clock, Basil got a call on her cell phone. “Huh? Who's calling me?” she thought as she looked down. Work? No, today was Saturday. Her stiff works Monday through Friday. Relatives? Not likely. She lost contact years ago. Servants? Nah. They were too busy. Finally, Basil picked up the phone. “Hello.” said she. “Hey Basil!” said a female voice. “Do I know you?” Basil asked. “Yes.” the voice answered.
“From where?”
“Long time ago.”
“Can't place you.”
“It's a long story.”
“Is this some kind of a joke?!?” Basil snapped. “Okay, look. We'll play a little game. You find me and I'll tell you everything.” the girl said. “All right, but how do I do that?” Basil asked. “Just follow my instructions.” said the girl.
“Okay…”
“First, stand up.”
Basil complied. “Now what?” asked she. “Walk to the subway until you find me.” the girl said. Basil walked and battled through the crowds.
“Okay. I did as you said, where are you?” Basil asked at last. “Look up!” the girl said. Basil obeyed. She saw a girl with pink hair, a white tank top, dark blue short shorts, and pink sandals. Basil quickly recognized her. “Kohana?” she asked in surprise. “Yes. But call me Aneko.” the girl answered. Basil hung up her phone, ran and hugged her old friend. “Okay. Okay.” said Aneko. Then Basil let go. “Missed ya.” said Aneko at last. “Missed ya too.” Her friend said. She looked at the princess. “Well, look at you! Your hair…. It's pink! And you've grown!” Basil said in shock. Aneko laughed. “Time will do that!” And the two girls began walking home talking about what's been going on in their lives.
“Your parents died?” Aneko asked. Basil nodded. “I'm sorry.” her friend said. “Heard about the will.” Basil's eyes grew big. “How did you find out?!?” she asked. “Treasure Hunters was on last night.” Aneko answered. *Basil falls down* “Basil! Are you okay?!?” Aneko cried. “It's still not over?!?” Basil wailed. “*Sweat drop* Huh?” Aneko asked.
Owari