Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Sweet Basil ❯ Chap Four: Only Dreaming ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Only Dreaming
“Basil! I got the mail!” Aneko cried out. No answer.
Huh? Where is she?” the princess thought. She began walking around the apartment to look for her roommate. She finally found her on the phone. Aneko noticed that Basil was blushing.
What's this? Ooo! Basil has a boyfriend!!!” she thought. So Aneko sat in the corner, put her knees to her chest, put two fingers to her forehead, and closed her eyes. This is what she did to listen to phone conversations. This how the conversation went:
(Noiz note: * means Basil's talking and ** means man's talking)
**“I'm looking forward to the Catsmeow.com anniversary party this evening.”
*“Me too.”
**“I heard your shift is getting a raise.”
*“*Laughs* Yes, we are tomorrow.”
**“So are you bringing your roommate?”
*“Huh? How do you know about Aneko?”
**“You told me about her yesterday. Remember?”
*“Oh! That's right! I am! *Laughs*”
Aneko opened her eyes and grinned. Her old friend had a boyfriend and kept him a secret. Until now that is! Basil was going to introduce her to her boyfriend.
This will be fun!” the princess thought.
When she heard the phone hang up, Aneko rushed to the living room and turned on the T.V. Basil walked in. Her roommate looked up. Basil looked as if she had seen heaven.
“Why are so happy?” Aneko asked innocently.
“He called!” Basil sighed happily. *Aneko gets cat face*
“Who is he?” she asked naughtily. “Is he your boyfriend?” Basil blushed.
“He's not my boyfriend. But I like him!” she exclaimed at last.
“Ooo!” Aneko squealed.
“Well, you'll meet him this evening.” her roommate said softly.
“Oh yeah!” the princess yelled as she leapt up off the dark blue couch. *Sweat drop on Basil's head*
“Basil's got a man!” Aneko sang.
I saw this coming!” her roommate thought.
For the rest of the day, Aneko was excited. When the evening came, she wasted no time getting ready. Basil tried to slow her down but it was no use. The princess was determined to get ready. In fact, she was all ready and waiting by the door.
“Basil! COME ON!” Aneko yelled.
“Coming,” Basil said serenely. A few minutes later, Basil came jogging down the hall.
“Is this okay?” asked she to Aneko. Basil had on a long gorgeous spaghetti strap dress with a matching shawl.
“Lovely.” said her roommate. Basil relaxed.
“Now can we go?” Aneko asked.
“Yes,” Basil answered. Then they headed out the door.
Basil kept asking Aneko about her dress. Her roommate was getting annoyed but she kept saying she looked fine. Basil began to relax again when they got to the party.
The Catsmeow.com office was lavishing with lacey and silky decorations covered the room. Basil and Aneko were amazed.
“This is beautiful!” Aneko said aloud.
“I'm glad you like it,” a voice said from behind. The girls shot around. Miura-san was standing behind them.
“Oh. Miura-san. It's only you,” said Basil.
“Who else would it be?” her boss said. Miura-san turned to Aneko. “Is this your little sister?” he asked.
“Roommate san,” Basil answered.
“Tsukibara Aneko,” said the princess as she bowed. Miura-san bowed back.
“Nice to meet you,” said he. Then the three talked on.
“Your boss is nice,” Aneko said after Miura-san left them. Basil smiled.
“Yes, he is,” said she.
“Is he your boyfriend?” Aneko asked.
“No!” Basil said quickly. “He's married!!!”
“Oh, then where is he?” said her roommate.
“You'll see him,” Basil answered.
A few minutes later, Aneko looked up at Basil. She was blushing.
“Basil, what's wrong?” her roommate asked.
“It's him!” Basil said choked out. Aneko turned. She saw a tall tone muscular man with short dark brown hair and blue eyes dressed in a white shirt with black dress pants. He was real charming.
“Is that your man?” the princess asked.
“Uh-huh…” Basil trailed off happily.
“*Cat growl*” said Aneko.
“I know,” Basil said. Then the man began walking towards them.
“Oh! Here he comes!” Basil exclaimed. Then she fixed herself up a bit. The man approached them.
“Good evening,” said he.
“Hi,” Basil said girly-like. Then man turned to Aneko.
“So this is your roommate,” he said.
“Yes,” answered Basil.
“Tsukibara Aneko,” said the princess as she bowed down. The gentlemen bowed down.
“Ryukaze Ross,” He said.
He is attractive,” Aneko thought.
The three of them talked on until they heard someone call Ross' name. He, Basil, and Aneko looked up. They saw an Asian-looking woman with plum hair to her shoulders and brown eyes dressed in a light green dress stomping towards them.
“Uh-oh,” said Basil.
“What's wrong?” Aneko asked. Ross' face looked pale. The woman grabbed onto his arm.
“Huh?” Aneko asked.
“Ross, are you flirting with Basil again?” the woman asked trying to maintain her anger.
“No love,” Ross answered. The woman looked at Aneko.
“And who is this?” she asked.
“This is Basil's roommate, Aneko.” Ross answered. Then he turned to the princess.
“Aneko, this is my wife, Natalie,” said he. The princess looked as if she was a deer caught in the headlights. *Scene changes to black and blue background*
He's married!!!” Aneko thought. *Aneko falls to black swirl*
On the way home, Aneko asked Basil, “Why do you have a crush on Ross?”
“He's dreamy!” her roommate answered.
“But he's married!”
“*Sigh* I know.”
“So why bother?”
“My heart doesn't care. *Sigh*”
*Sweat drop appears on Aneko's head*
Owari