Other Fan Fiction / Original Song Lyrics Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Five Minutes and She's Where I Wanna Be ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 4
 
“What?!” Nick and Kevin asked in unison.
“I said, that girl was Krystal!” Joe repeated.
“How do you know?” Kevin asked.
“Because, I just called her and-”
Nick cut Joe off. “Wait a minute.. pause and rewind. You're still talking to her?” he asked.
“Yeah…” Joe blushed slightly as his brothers smirked. “Anyway, like I said, I called her and asked her about her day-”
“Aww!!” Kevin and Nick mocked Joe. Kevin pretended to be his younger brother and got down on one knee, giving Nick a pleading, lovey dovey look. Nick pretended to be Krissy, batting his eyelashes, clasping his hand together, and tilting his head to the side in a girly way. The two brothers laughed as Joe turned red. “Do you wanna know how I know or not?!” he asked, annoyed. Kevin stood up and Nick stopped blinking so much.
“Sorry, couldn't resist.” Nick said.
“Continue.” Kevin added.
“Okay. So I called her and she told me how she brought her cousin to Build A Bear for her friend's party. Then she told me about this creepy guy named Jared who asked for her number. She said he thinks her name is Katie and has a phone number that she made up.” Joe stared at his brothers' reactions for a moment, and finally Nick spoke.
“So what does she think about it?” he asked.
“I didn't tell her it was me.. to her he's just some creepy stalker dude.” Joe replied.
“Oh… well then you shouldn't have anything to worry about. Just forget the whole thing.”
“Nick, you know I can't do that.”
“Uh, no, I don't actually. Why can't you?”
“Because… I saw her…”
“And..?”
“And, okay fine I'll tell you, but you can't laugh, okay?”
“Yeah, sure, whatever. Just tell us already!”
Joe took a deep breath before speaking. “I hate that I was Jared and she was Katie. Right now I really wanna go back and be Joe and have her be Krissy.”
Nick tried his hardest not to laugh or joke, even though he knew exactly what he could have said to get even Joe to laugh. Instead, he simply said, “Yeah, I guess that's understandable… she probably wouldn't have freaked out if she knew it was you.”
“Exactly. So what should I do?”
“I don't know. Kevin?” Nick and Joe turned to their older brother, who had zoned out. “Kevin?” Nick repeated, waving a hand in front of Kevin's face.
“Huh? Wha- oh yeah, I'm fine. I'm just trying to figure out what movie this is like. Mom used to watch it a lot… I'm pretty sure Tom Hank's in it.” Joe and Nick started laughing. Only Kevin would try to figure out what movie goes with the current situation. “What? OH! I remember! It's called `You've Got Mail'. Except, Joe calls, the guy in the movie emailed. But they're similar overall…”
“Wow Kev.” Joe said, smirking. “So… what do you think I should do?”
“Don't tell her, just keep talking to her. She still likes Joe, right?”
“I think so…”
“So then be Joe, and eventually Jared will disappear. If you really want to meet her again as Joe, we'll figure something out for later.”
“Okay.” Joe sighed, slightly disappointed that he w ould have to wait for the time he would get to see Krystal as Joe. Kevin and Nick gave each other a knowing look, then turned back to Joe. They started pushing their brother back up the stairs and into his room.
“Guys, what are you doing?” They didn't reply, they simply took his phone, found a contact, pressed send, handed Joe the phone, and walked out of the room, smirking. Joe stared at his bedroom door in wonder until his phone shouted at him.
“Joe?! Are you there or should I hang up?” Krystal's voice said loudly.
He quickly brought the phone up to his ear. “I'm here, I'm here, sorry.”
Krystal smiled at the sound of his voice. “It's okay. So what'd they want?”
“Who?”
“Kevin and Nick….”
“Oh, them. Nothing, just… they were having ice cream and offered some to me..” Krystal could tell he wasn't being honest with her- he was hesitant again. She decided she wouldn't press it though.
“That's nice.”
“Yeah. So, what are you up to tomorrow?”
“Church, out to lunch, home, chores, homework.”
“Haha… I could help you with that last part.”
“Yeah, right. Says the person who has to call every night for help.” she replied, laughing.
“Well, fine, I'll go find someone else to call!” Joe countered.
“No!” Krissy said, a little too soon. Was he being serious?
“Kidding! Chill, Krissy, geez.” Krystal sighed, relieved.
“So what about you?”
“Just chilling. We'll probably take Frankie to a park or something. Sunday's normally our family day, what with recording and whatnot during the week.”
“That's cute. I wish I had a little brother. It gets lonely, being the only kid.”
“I wouldn't know.” Joe laughed again, and just hearing his laugh made Krissy smile. They continued to talk about their lives, comparing being an only child and having three siblings, going to a public school and getting home schooled, and other things they didn't have in common. At around 11:30, they decided they would each go to be, and catch up on the sleep they had lost the night before. When Krissy climbed into bed, all she could think about was how amazed and special she felt, being able to talk to Joe Jonas. She loved the feeling she got whenever she heard his voice. She especially loved the sound of his laughter. That's when she realized:
She had a huge crush on a rockstar.
After hanging up the phone, Joe heard his parents coming upstairs from the party at the neighbors' they had gone to. He waited until he heard their bedroom door close, then went down to the kitchen for a glass of water. He took it out to the deck and found Kevin and Nick sitting at the patio table. They looked up as he closed the back door and watched as he took the seat next to Nick.
“Well?” Kevin asked.
“Well what?” Joe replied, pretending to be clueless.
“Joe, just get on with it.” Nick said, elbowing his brother lightly in the ribs.
“Fine, fine. We talked, and Jared didn't come up.” Joe's brothers just stared at him, indicating that they wanted to hear more. “And… I'm calling her again tomorrow...?” he finished, making it sound like a question rather than a statement.
“yes, you are.” Kevin said, smiling. He knew his brother liked this girl. Anyone who knew about her would recognize that once they got Joe talking about her. It would only be a matter of days before Joe would finally admit to it.
“so what did you talk about that filled two hours?” Nick asked, breaking the silence.
“Life. She told me about being an only child, I told her about have three brothers, and other stuff like that.”
“Cool.” Nick stared at his brother in awe. It was interesting to hear that Joe could be so open with Krystal. It was interesting to hear that Joe could be so open with Krystal. It amazed Nick.
“Alright, I'm going to sleep. C-ya.” Joe said, getting up. Kevin and Nick followed.
“'Night.” Kevin said as they climbed the stairs.
“Hasta!” Nick called as he walked into his room.
As Joe changed into sweatpants and a t-shirt, all he could think about was how happy he felt to be able to call Krystal and be treated like a normal teenager, and not a celebrity. He loved talking to her and was happy to have a picture of her in his mind from Build A Bear. `Not only is she amazing and fun to talk to,' he thought, `she's beautiful, too.'