Other Fan Fiction / Original Song Lyrics Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Five Minutes and She's Where I Wanna Be ❯ Chapter 5

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 5
 
Krissy went through her Sunday slowly, hoping her sluggishness would make time pass sooner. She thought that if she took her time with her chores, they would take longer, and would keep her occupied for the rest of the day. That helped her get through 5 hours of the afternoon. At 6:00, she decided to work on that history paper Joe and Nick had interrupted the first time they called. She had been working for nearly an hour when she heard a knock on her window. She turned to see her three best friends, Nicole, Marisa, and Ryan, standing on the porch rood, smiling at her. She quickly opened the window, and one by one, they climbed into her room. “Hey guys.” she smiled at her friends and they all sat on the floor. “Niks, can you lock the door? I don't what you guys to get caught being here when I'm grounded…” Nicole, who was sitting closest to the door, twisted herself around and turned the lock. “So, not that I don't love that you're here, but, why are you here?” Krystal asked when Nicole turned back around.
“We were worried about you.” Marisa answered.
“And why were you worried about me?”
“Well, we tried calling you on Friday, but it went straight to voicemail. When we tried again at like 1:30 when I slept over at Nicole's, it did the same thing, so we thought you got your phone taken away. Then last night, we sent Ryan here to visit you and see if we could sneak over. But you were on the phone.” Krystal turned a lovely shade of bright red. `Oh dear…' she thought.
“Well?” Ryan said.
“What?” she replied, trying to look innocent. “Am I not allowed to talk on the phone?”
“No, you are,” Nicole said, smirking, “but who were you talking to for two hours?”
“How do you know-”
“I stayed on the roof, waiting for you to hang up.” Ryan said.
“Ryeeee!” Krystal whined. “Why didn't you knock on the window? I would have let you in and hung up.” Then her face turned red again, and a panicked look came across her face. “Were you… listening?”
Krystal's friends laughed. “No.” he replied, looking upset by that fact. “I would have, but they respect your privacy and wouldn't let me. I had to listen to them babble on the walkie-talkie.”
Krystal smiled. “Oh, the good old walkie-talkie club days…”
 
-Flashback-
“Krissy look at these!” An 8-year-old Ryan yelled, running back to Krystal, holding a 4-pack of walkie-talkies.
“Cool! Let's go ask Mommy Mary if we can get them!” Ryan, Krystal, Nicole, and Marisa, who had been best friends since birth, shared everything, including parents. Mommy Kelly and Daddy John (Krystal's), Mommy Lindsay and Daddy Mike (Ryan's), Mommy Emily and Daddy Tim (Nicole's), and finally, Mommy Mary and Daddy Ivan (Marisa's).
Ryan and Krissy found Nicole, Marisa, and Mary pretty quickly.
“Niks! Mar!” the called.
“What did you find?” Nicole asked.
“These!” Ryan said, smiling at holding up the walkie-talkies.
“Ooh! That's so cool! Mommy, can we get these? Please?” Marisa asked her mom, making a puppy dog face.
“What are they?”
“Walkie-talkies!” They all yelled, jumping up and down.
“Alright, we'll get them.”
“YESS!” Ryan yelled. “Walkie-Talkie Club!!” We all laughed.
-End Flashback-
 
“Kay?” Nicole said, pulling Krystal out of her trance.
“Hmm?”
“Mar asked who you were talking to.”
“Oh… um… no one.” she replied. Ryan's eyes narrowed.
“Krystal Anne! Tell us we you were talking to!” he said sternly.
“A friend! Jeez, don't have a cow.”
“It is a boy?” he asked.
“What's it to you?” Krystal smiled, remembering that Joe had used that line when he didn't want to give her his last name.
“I wanna know if I approve or not.”
“Let me decide for you- you approve.” Krystal replied, smirking.
“Kay, just tell us who this guy is!” Marisa whined. Nicole nodded in agreement.
**Krystal's thoughts- I'm gonna have to tell them eventually. Not now, though. I can't. I have to ask Joe first. And then there's the whole obsession Mar and Niks have with Joe and his brothers. They'll freak! Oh, help.**
“I'll tell you. But not now. I have to ask him if you can know first.”
“Whoa, whoa, whoa. You need to ask?” Nicole said.
“It is a boy?!” Ryan added, going into big brother mode.
“Guys, calm down, he-”
“Is he your boyfriend?” Marisa interrupted.
“No! We're just friends, he-” this time, Krystal was cut off by her phone, which was sitting on her desk.
`And I know we get a little crazy, and I know we get a little loud…'
“Since when do you have a JoBro ring tone?” Marisa asked as Ryan, who was closest to the desk, got up and grabbed the phone. His eyes widened when he looked at the screen.
“Kris, what?” he started.
“Bye guys!!” Krysal said panicking. She grabbed the phone and answered. “Hold on.” was all she said. “Guys, go. I'll tell you tomorrow.” she said, opening the window for them. Nicole and Marisa gave her frustrated looks, and reluctantly climbed out. Ryan didn't move. “Rye, please.”
“Kris, who's on the other side of that?” he asked, and almost pleading look in his eyes.
“Rye, not now. Tomorrow.”
“Krissy, babe, please. Tell me. You're like my little sister. Who is he, and why is he in your phone as Jonas?” he whispered the Jonas part, incase Marisa and Nicole were listening.
“I'll tell you tomorrow. I promise. Just, please, I gotta take this.”
“Give me the phone.”
“No.”
“Kris, give me the phone. I just wanna say five words to him. I won't ask questions, and I'll go.” Krystal gave into his pained expression, and handed the phone over.
“Don't you dare hurt her.” he said. Then he covered the phone's mic and turned to Krissy. “Can I say more?” he asked.
“No, Rye, I don't want you to scare him off. I'll tell you everything tomorrow.”
“Fine.” he said, sighing. He put the phone down and pulled Krissy in for a hug. “Everything, okay?”
“Yeah.” he patted her head and headed for the window.
“You're growing up too fast.” They laughed.
“Bye, Rye.” Krystal said, closing the window behind him. She picked her phone up off the window ledge.
“Joe?”
“Krissy? Finally! What were you doing? Are you okay? Who was that? I thought you were grounded!”
“Calm down, calm down. My friends snuck over, I'm fine, I just had to get rid of them. That was Ryan, one of my best friends who acts as my long-lost overprotective big brother. And yes, I'm grounded.”
“Oh. One more question.”
“Really? Only one? That's a shocker… you always have questions, I never thought I'd see the day when you'd only have-”
“Krissy! Can I ask my question?”
“Sorry, yeah. Shoot.”
“What makes him think I'll hurt you?”
“Everything.”
“What?! I don't even know him!”
“Exactly. He thinks I should only talk to people I've known for a really long time- people I've at least met before. He doesn't know you. so he doesn't like you or trust you…yet.”
“Wow.”
“What?”
“Krissy, how long have you known him?”
“My whole life. We all live on the same street- Me, Rye, Nicole, and Marisa.”
“He loves you.”
“He's like my older brother Joe, he can't.”
“Does he overreact with the other two?”
“Well, no… but that's only because they've never done anything like this.”
“Krissy, open your eyes. He's jealous.”
“Joe, he doesn't love me as anything more than a sister. Trust me.”
“Krystal, answer me this: what did he look like when he asked you who I was?”
“He looked like Ryan, he…” The image of Ryan's pained expression flooded Krystal's mind. No, he couldn't like her like that, could he?
“Exactly.” Joe said, breaking the silence.
“No.” she whispered. She loved Ryan, but as a brother, nothing more.
“Krissy?” Joe asked.
“Yeah?” she replied, her voice cracking.
“Are you okay?”
“Wonderful.” she said sarcastically. “It turns out my best friend likes me, but I like someone else.”
“Oohh.. who do you like?” he asked.
“Uh.. no one…” she replied. `Oops.' she thought.
“Oh come one, it's not like I'm gonna know the guy.”
“No, you don't know him.” she said, thinking `You don't know him, cuz you are him…'
“So can you tell me?”
“Nope. I never tell.”
“Grrr.”
“Sorry!” she sang. The two continued talking for another hour, and when Krissy hung up and got ready for bed, she was worrying about Ryan. She hoped with all her heart that what Joe said wasn't true, because she really didn't want to hurt her best friend. She fell asleep dreading the upcoming school day.