Other Fan Fiction / Original Song Lyrics Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Five Minutes and She's Where I Wanna Be ❯ Chapter 6

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6
 
Krystal woke up the next morning to the sound of her alarm clock. She slammed her hand down on the snooze button, considering skipping school or faking a cold. Just after her alarm clock beeped again, her phone made a doorbell sound, telling her she had a new text message.
`Hey, its me. I know its early on a Monday, just wanted to make sure youre actually up… I don't wanna get blamed if youre late haha… good luck with loverboy =p'
As Krystal read Joe's message, she became more and more worried about school. She wasn't sure she was ready to see Ryan.
`Hi… Im up, you wont get in trouble, haha… maybe I should just go in late anyway… leave you with a guilty conscience. Hes not my loverboy *glares*'
Krystal dragged herself out of bed and got ready for the day. At 7:00, she was walking out the door, her bag slung over her shoulder, her ipod in one had, and a strawberry poptart in the other. Normally, she walked to school with Nicole, Marisa, and Ryan, but she texted them, telling them she needed to leave early to see a teacher. It was a little lie used to delay the questions she knew they'd throw at her the moment they saw her. When she got to school, she sat in the cafeteria listening to her music, oddly enough, it was the jonas brothers. she was nowhere near as crazy about them as her other friends but joe had convinced her to at least try listening to a few songs one night while they were on the phone. she could honestly say she didn't hate their song "play my music."
As she was listening she was trying to think of answers for the questions she was expecting. Before she knew it, the bell rang, meaning she had 10 minutes to get to class. She slowly made her way to her locker, and, just as expected, saw her 3 best friends there, waiting for her.
“Hey guys.”
“Hey.” “Hi.” “Morning.” They replied.
“Well, Nicole and I have to head to math… don't wanna be late!” Marisa said, to Krystal's surprise.
“What, no questions?” she asked.
“No, not yet.” Nicole replied. “Marisa can't wait to see Tyler Moray!” Marisa hit Nicole in the arm, but dragged her toward the math wing anyway.
“What?” she asked, smirking at Ryan's expression. “He's hott!!” The girls left, and Ryan turned his attention back to Krystal and leaned against the lockers.
“Well?” he asked.
“Well…?”
“Kris. You promised.” Krystal sighed in response as she closed her locker.
“Alright. Let's go.” They both had Physics together, so Krystal was stuck with Ryan for the next hour and 6 minutes.
“What's his name?”
“Don't you already know that one?”
“Jonas?”
“Yeah…”
“Which one? Fag 1, 2, or 3?”
“Be nice. Joe… in your case, fag 2.”she replied, frowning slightly.
“How do you know a Jonas?”
“Aright, I'll start from the beginning…”
“Yes, that's normally where stories start.” Ryan said, laughing. Krystal spent the next few minutes explaining how Nick and Joe had prank called her, and how they seemed really nice and funny. She told Ryan how Joe called the next night, and the night after that, and again, the previous night, when Ryan and girls were there. She told him how she loved talking to Joe, how they would just pass the time talking about the most random things. Ryan just listened, every word coming out of Krissy's mouth killing him inside. He kept his face composed though, he didn't want to complicate his friend's life. He could tell she liked this guy.
At lunch time, Krystal was put through the same interrogation by Nicole and Marisa, but they were different from Ryan, who listened quietly. They were shocked, excited, and extremely hyper when they found out that she had been talking to Joe Jonas, middle brother of their favorite band. They kept interrupting her and asking more questions all through the period.
When Krystal got home, she felt relieved that Ryan seemed kind of okay with Joe. She was confident that he considered her his little sister, and was happy with that. She did love Ryan, and would love him to the end of time, but in no more than a sisterly way. She did her homework, went for a bike ride through the neighborhood with Nicole and Marisa, who couldn't stop talking about Tyler and how hot he was, and helped her mom clean up the dinner before hurrying up stairs to catch Joe's call. Her room was stuffy, so she opened her window to let the breeze in. At 8:30, her phone rang.
“Hello?”
“Hey. How was school?”
“It was good. Better than I thought it would be.” she said, putting her phone on speaker.
“Yeah? Why's that?”
“You were wrong.”
“Was I now?”
“Mhmmmm.”
“Explain.”
“Rye seemed fine with it. I explained everything to him, and he didn't get mad or anything. I think I'll get him to come around eventually.”
“I still think I'm right.”
“You always think you're right, Joe. Hey Krissy. It's Nick. We're on speaker…”
“Hey Krissy, it's Kevin. We're butting in on tonight's conversation, if that's alright. We've got nothing else to do.”
“Haha, yeah it's fine. Not like the stuff we talk about anything important…” she replied.
“I don't know about you, but I think that that 'stuff' is important.” Joe muttered.
“I heard that. And no it's not, `cuz it's not even true.” Krissy said.
“That's what you think.” Krissy wasn't sure if Joe said that; she didn't think it sounded like him, but she ignored it anyway.
-----------------
“So Kevin, Nick, how have you two been?”
“Good. How was your weekend?” Kevin replied.
“It was good. Some dork called me every night.” She replied, laughing.
“That's tough. Just stop picking up. Or maybe he has some cool brothers you can talk to.” Nick said, laughing along with her.
“well if they're anything like this guy that keeps calling me they're losers”
"HEY!" nick, joe and kevin said in unison.
The four of them talked for the rest of the night about anything and everything. Throughout the conversation, Kevin and Nick caught Joe smiling at the phone with a flirty look on his face. They both thought this was funny, after all, Krissy couldn't see him at all. But they were happy that their brother had found some one he liked who treated him as Joe, not as Joe Jonas, one of the famous brothers.
After the boys hung up, Kevin and Nick cornered Joe.
“So when are you gonna tell her?” Nick asked.
“Tell her what? Guys, what are you doing?” Joe replied, confused.
“Joe, are you serious? We're not stupid, we know you like her. Admit it!”
“Okay, okay! I like her! Geez.” This made Kevin and Nick freeze.
“Whoa. You just admitted it.” Nick said, shocked. “You never do that. You're always in denial.”
“What are you talking about? No I'm not.”
“There he goes again…” Kevin said, sighing. “But still, you do?”
“What? Like Krissy? Well, yeah, I mean I talk to her every night. She's amazing, and I haven't even met her yet!”
“Well then, let's change that.” Nick said, smiling at his brothers.
“Huh? How?”
“I have an idea…”
-----------------------
After Krissy hung up the phone, she went to close the window. She saw a guy walk down the street and into a house she knew too well. As she changed into her pajamas, brushed her teeth, and washed her face, in her bathroom she kept wondering one thing: what had Ryan been doing at out on the street until 10:45 at night?