Other Fan Fiction / Original Song Lyrics Fan Fiction / Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Five Minutes and She's Where I Wanna Be ❯ Chapter 7

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 7
 
Joe woke up the next morning, ready to complete step 1 of Nick's `Get Joe to meet Krissy' plan. The boys didn't have anything to do until 5 in the afternoon, when they'd have an interview on some radio station, so they'd have plenty of time to get it done. Joe got ready for the day and met his brothers in the kitchen.
“Hey. Ready?” Nick asked, smiling at his brother.
“Yeah.” Joe said, returning the gesture.
“Well? Where's the letter?” Kevin asked.
“Um… well, I was thinking you two would help me with that…”
“Joe!” they both yelled.
“You were supposed to at least start it last night!” Kevin said.
“I did!” Joe replied, pulling a piece of paper out of his pocket and handing it toe Nick.
“Dear Krissy, Hi! How are you? Bet you think I'm such a stalker now that I'm writing to you, haha.” he read. “That's it?”
“So far… yeah…”
“Oh, Joe.” he sighed. “Come on, we'll help you finish it.”
Half an hour later, Joe was sealing an envelope with the complete letter inside.
“Okay, give me the address.” he said. Nick went and got the phone book, and was able to find Krystal's address quickly. Joe had highlighted it and written `KRISSY CELL: 908-213-0857' in black sharpie in the margin next to it. He read out the address and Joe wrote it neatly on the envelops. Joe then went out to put it into the mailbox. When he came back inside, he sat down and bounced his leg impatiently.
“When does the mailman get here?” he asked.
“Eleven, I think. Joe, calm down. She probably won't get the letter until Thursday. Chill out!” Kevin said.
“Thursday? But that's in two whole days! Why can't she get it tomorrow?”
“Joe! Stop it, be patient! We can't control how quickly letters get from point A to point B!” Nick replied.
“But we're the Jonas Brothers! We're famous! We should be able to get that letter to her today!”
“Joe, will you stop trying to use that as an excuse? What does mom always say?” Kevin asked.
“Live like you're at the bottom, even if you're at the top.” Joe mumbled.
“Exactly. So chill out, she'll get it. You just have to wait.” Nick said.
“Fine.”
“Thank you!” Kevin said, sighing. Joe glared at him.
“You'd be the same, if only…”
“If only what, Joe? If only I would prank call the perfect girl, like you did? Maybe, but I know that's not gonna happen. I wanna be able to talk to her in person.” he said.
“Yeah, I guess. But it's so much more interesting to just talk to her and wonder what she looks like, how she acts.”
“But you've already seen her…” Nick said.
“I know, but she wasn't herself. She was some girl named Katie. It's always fun to imagine what Krystal is like. I feel like I can picture her making certain faces to the things I say, and I just… can't wait to see what she really looks like, you know?”
“Yeah, I get it. You can only stand to wonder for so long, but it's fun while it lasts. After a while, you just get restless.” Kevin said.
“Exactly.” The 3 brothers sat and talked for a while, and when Kevin and Nick went to play Guitar Hero, Joe went upstairs and just started writing.
 
I sit here and let my mind run free
I'm scared of what you'll think of me
I'm blind when it comes to seeing you
Lucky to hear your voice, so pure, so true
I picture the room, you're there, I'm here,
You smile, and all my worries disappear
I come closer and I take your hand
Before anything else, I'm pulled out of my dreamland.
 
I wonder if you'll smile like I will
I wonder if you hope like I do
I wonder if you'll laugh if I joke
I wonder if you dream like I do
I wonder if you'll feel the sparks like I will
I wonder if you wait impatiently like I do
I wonder if you wonder about it too
 
We've planned it out and set a date
The day I get to see you, I just can't wait
Every minute of every day you're on my mind
It's girls like you that are so hard to find
So I'll close my eyes and hold on tight
Before you fade away, because you just might
These words are corny, I know it's true
But I can't help it when I think of you
 
I wonder if you'll smile like I will
I wonder if you hope like I do
I wonder if you'll laugh if I joke
I wonder if you dream like I do
I wonder if you'll feel the sparks like I will
I wonder if you wait impatiently like I do
I wonder if you wonder about it too
 
We're in the room, you're there, I'm here
You smile, and all my worries disappear
I come closer and I take your hand
And now I don't wonder, it's almost like we planned
 
For you to smile like I do
That you would hope like I used to
For you to laugh when I joke
That you would dream like I used to
For us to feel the sparks that came
Sparks that put prior loves to shame
And now I don't have to wonder,
because now I have more than just your number
 
I have you
And you smile like I do
And you hoped like I used to
And you laugh when I joke
And you dream like I used to
You feel those sparks that come
In my arms, no one's ever been so welcome.
So here you stay from now, until the end of time
I know I'll be yours, and you'll always be mine
 
Joe finished writing his song to Krystal after an hour or so, and was singing it to himself when Kevin and Nick walked into the room.
“What are you up to?” Kevin asked.
“Oh, just writing…” Joe trailed off, trying to hide the paper.
“Ooh… it's a song lemme see lemme see!!” Nick said, snatching the paper out of Joe's hand. Kevin and Nick's eyes worked their way over the words, and when they were done, they looked at Joe in awe.
“It's bad, isn't it. Give it back, I'll fix it later…”
“Joe, this isn't bad at all. We should work on it.”
“Really?”
“Definitely. She'll love it…. it is for her, isn't it?” Kevin asked. Nick elbowed him in the ribs.
“Duh…” he said, laughing with Joe.
“Well, we're gonna have to work on it later. We need to leave now if we're gonna make it to the station in time.” The three of them left the house and walked to the car, Joe with a slight spring in his step.