Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Lion King 3: Royal Journey ❯ Timon And Pumbaa Are Annoying ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 3: Timon and Pumbaa are Annoying
The day continued on as everyone relaxed. Word went out that one of the former Outlanders was pregnant. The lioness had gotten pregnant when she was still at the Outlands when a wandering male she had met a sometime before was passing through.
Simba was talking to some former Outlanders, trying to get the whole story behind Zira and her plans. He realized how much Zira had brainwashed them to hate him. He also found out that a few of the former Outlanders thought Zira was full of it. Some just went along with her plans out of fear. Kiara and Kovu were watching the former Outlanders and Kiara was trying to learn their names.
"So the yellow one is Tima. I remember her." She started. "And the grey-brown one, Mairu, is the old medicine lioness, and the grey one there with spots under her eye is...uh..."
"Sanu," Kovu said. "She is a little prickly, so always be nice to her. Everyone kinda gives her space."
"Okay, so that's Sanu and the dark grey one is Omaru."
"No that's Tikana. The light grey one is Omaru." Kovu corrected.
Kiara growled. "Rrrr I'll never get it right." She said, discouraged.
Kovu looked concerned. "It takes time. You'll get it soon." he said with an encouraging nuzzle.
"I hope so. This is making me thirsty. Want to go to the waterhole with me?"
The couple took the trip down to the waterhole and started to drink at the edge by each other. Just to be a flirt, Kiara nudged Kovu with her shoulder and continued drinking with a smile. Kovu nudged back and smiled too. Kiara nudged harder and then Kovu did the same but even harder, knocking her off balance. Kiara put on a playfully angry face and then pounced on him, pinning him down. He laughed.
"Kiara, you're such a loser."
Kiara smiled and nuzzled him. She loved him more than anything in the entire-
"BOO!"
"Ahhh!" Kiara screamed and leapt back. Unfortunately, straight into the waterhole.
"Kiara!" Kovu shouted.
Kovu went to the edge of the waterhole and waited tried helping her out. Kovu turned around to see who had scared her and saw Timon and Pumbaa with big grins on their faces.
"Hey you two, that's not cool!" Kovu shouted while trying to help poor wet Kiara.
"It's not our fault that Kiara's such a scardy cat." Timon answered laughing. By now, Kiara was out of the water and was now shaking it off. Kiara gave Timon a mean look.
"I'm only joking, Princess." Timon said dryly.
Kovu was a bit upset. "Now look, she's drenched. What were you thinking?"
All Timon did was turn around and start walking away. "Whatever," he said.
Pumbaa followed suit. Kovu's eyes widened with surprise.
Kiara also looked shocked. She had never known Timon to act that way.
Then Kovu said, "Geeze, what a b-"
"Kovu!"

Later, Kovu and Kiara went to see Simba about Timon.
"Daddy?" she started.
"Yes?"
"We talked to Timon a little while ago and he's acting really..."
"Mean? Yes, I have noticed that. I've been wondering what's been up with him. And Pumbaa only does what Timon tell him to do. I guess I'll talk to him and see what's up."
"Be sure to tell us too!"
"I will."