Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Lion King 3: Royal Journey ❯ A Great Loss ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 4: A Great Loss
That night, everyone cuddled up in the den. The two cubs that were in the pride were with their mother. Soon everyone drifted off to a soundless sleep. Everyone except Vitani. She tossed and turned, trying to sleep. She could not toss her feeling of loneliness. She decided to go out for a walk. She gently stepped over the sleeping lionesses and went outside. She got off pride rock and walked down to the waterhole. She sat down by the water's edge.
Vitani started to cry.
"Kovu and Kiara seem so happy together. I'm so jealous of them. I want to have those feelings for another, and for them to have feelings for me... But I have no one. I have nothing. No one loves me." She sobbed. "I'm worthless. I have no future. I'll be alone forever."
Vitani made herself feel worse and worse. No one was there to comfort her. She was dying inside, and no one could help her. Eventually she went back to the den and silently cried herself to sleep.
That morning, Simba decided to talk to Timon and see why he had been acting so differently lately. On the way to where Timon and Pumbaa usually hung out, Simba thought about what Timon had said to him a few days ago.
Flashback-
It was after the ceremony where Outlanders joined the Pride Landers. Simba had gone up to Timon and said,
"Hi Timon! How are you doing?"
Timon looked at Simba and said,
"Oh hi, Simba. I'm good. How is your majesty doing this evening?"
Timon put a lot of sarcasm on 'your majesty.' Simba didn't really know if he was kidding or not.
"Timon, is there something bothering you?"
"Nah." he replied. Then said with a snide voice, "See you later, Kingy."
Timon walked away.
End Flashback-
"Maybe he was lashing out because he misses his home." Simba thought. "Maybe if he goes home for a while, he and Pumbaa will be happier."
Simba's thoughts were interrupted by a crunching sound. It was like twigs snapping...no...not twigs...bones.
Simba was immediately alert. He smelled blood. He looked around, but saw nothing out of the ordinary. He followed the crunching sound and then froze. A look of horror came across his face. Before him, somewhere around twenty feet away, was a male lion Simba had never seen before. He had yellow-orange fur with a black mane. He was tall, muscular, and he was also munching on Pumbaa. Timon's carcass lay beside him. Simba felt sick. All he could do was stare. He felt no emotion as the lion continued eating his best friend. Simba's breathing increased. He began whimpering. The intruding lion noticed this and looked up in alarm.
"Oh," he said calmly. "Friends of yours?"
Simba's blood boiled. His entire soul was set free.
"RRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR!"
Simba roared with all his might. He lunged at him but was easily knocked down by the very strong lion. Simba got up and tried again. Anger blinded him as he rammed into the lion and knocked him down. Simba took this opportunity to bite his neck. The lion's mane was thick, but the King still sunk his teeth in. The lion roared in pain and knocked Simba away. Simba fell against a large rock. It took him a moment to clear his head and get up. That was when Simba realized he was injured. He was bitten on his hind leg and it was bleeding profusely. Simba's vision was getting blurry. Through all the pain, Simba was full of deep anger and adrenaline and attacked again. But the lion was too quick, he hit Simba in the face with a powerful paw. He fell to the ground and saw the lion start to walk over to him.
This is it. Simba thought. He's going to kill me.
Then, led by Nala, came thirteen lionesses and Kovu. Kiara and Sarabi ran to Simba and helped him up. Nala dug her claws into the ground at the sight of her injured mate.
"You are outnumbered, intruder, go away!" she growled to the lion. "Or die."
The lion looked like he was about to accept Nala's challenge, but then came to his senses, and realized how severely outnumbered he was. The lion backed away slowly and then turned to run. Simba was astonished. He was in so much pain, but he didn't care. His friends were dead and nothing could bring them back. He walked over to their carcasses and closed his eyes. He tried to shake off his tears, but more kept coming. He thrust his head into the sky and roared his sad cry. He howled until he ran out of breath and fainted beside his two best friends.