Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Lion King 3: Royal Journey ❯ Memories ( Chapter 18 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
FYI: If anyone is wondering, no, the lion at the end of the previous chapter is not Tome. Tome is yellow-orange, while this lion is all black. I think there was some confusion about that with some people, so I wanted to get that cleared up just in case anyone else is confused.

Chapter 18: Memories
"Kiara! Help me!" Tali yelled from within the all black lion's mouth.
"Oh thank goodness she's alive." Kiara mumbled taking a dizzy step forward.
"STOP!" The lion shouted, somewhat clear with Tali in his mouth. "I'll kill her. I will!"
"Tali!" Kiara shouted.
"What do you want, you filth." Kovu growled threateningly, shoving his claws into the dirt.
"I'd watch my language if I were you, or maybe I'll just crush this little-"
"Stop!" Mani yelled, "Let her go!"
"Hush, Mani." Kiara said, pushing him behind her for protection.
"You do right to hush him." the evil lion said slyly. Kovu then stepped ahead of Kiara. Kovu was still a good ten feet away from the black lion.
"You..." Kovu snarled. "You let her go this instant!"
"Or else what?" the lion said, tightening his grip on Tail's soft stomach. She started to squeal.
"No! Tali!" Kovu shouted. "What do you want? I'll give you anything! Just let her go!"
"Okay." he said loosening his grip on her. "I want your tramp." He said this as he tossed his head in Kiara's direction. Kovu was furious.
"Don't…you…EVER-" Kovu said between clenched teeth.
Suddenly, Tali somehow rolled over in the lion's mouth, and quickly raked her claws over his left eye.
"RRRAAAARRRR!" the lion roared in pain and dropped Tali. She scampered to Kiara, and hid behind her. Kiara hugged her as the lion tried to wipe the blood out of his eye, but more kept coming.
"You little brat!" he roared.
Then, Kovu, feeling braver, now that the evil lion had no hostage, and was even injured. Kovu stepped closer to him.
"I suggest you get out of here, or I'll beat you senceless."
"Don't worry…" the lion muttered, "I'll be back. You'll wish you'd killed me. You haven't seen the last of Death!"
The lion who called himself Death ran away. Kiara got shivers down her spine. What he had said creeped her out. Kovu then sighed and turned to Kiara and Tali.
"Are you alright?" he asked Tali.
"Y-y-yeah. I-I'm fine."
"Oh, Kovu, I was so scared!" Kiara said, starting to cry.
"So scared!" she whined as Kovu pulled her into a hug.
"Its okay, it's okay. We're safe now."
Mani gave Tali a hug. After having a moment to recover from the incident and to make sure Tali really was okay, they all went back to the Pride Lands. Simba was told and he warned everyone about the all black lion. Kiara felt really bad. She felt it was her fault, and that she had let this happen. She went to see Tali and Mani's mother, Kanai.
"Kanai, I'm so sorry! It's all my fault!"
"No, Kiara, don't even say that. It wasn't your fault. Don't worry about it. It's over. Tali and Mani are fine. Really, don't feel bad!"
Then Tali spoke up.
"Yeah, Kiara, it's okay! I should have hidden closer like you told me to. I'm the one who should be sorry. Its definitely not your fault. You couldn't have known that mean guy would be there. And plus, you saved me! I am very grateful."
Kiara bent down; getting eyelevel with Tali.
"Okay, Tali. Thanks for making me feel better. I'm glad you aren't hurt."
Kiara put her paw on Tali's head and then said goodbye to Kanai. Kiara then went to the waterhole. It seemed to be a great place to be alone. She probably shouldn't have gone out by herself, but she just felt so bad.
"So irresponsible! What if that were my child?" she asked herself. She lowered her head in shame.
"Kiara! You shouldn't be out here alone!" Kovu's voice shouted from some distance. He quickly appeared at the waters edge and sat by Kiara.
She turned to him. There were tears in her eyes.
"Aw, Kiara, come here." he said embracing her. "It wasn't your fault! It just happened. There was nothing we could do to stop it. Tali is fine, no one is hurt, and everyone is going to keep an eye on the cubs. If that guy ever comes back, we'll all beat him. I love you way too much to ever let anything happen to you."
Kiara looked up at him.
"Okay."
"Good, now let's get back. I think someone caught some food. Come on." He said, leading the way. Kiara got beside him and smiled. She wrapped her tail around his, and nuzzled him. They walked back to Pride Rock, side by side.
Later that day, Kovu was sitting by himself, thinking about Vitani. Kiara at that time was spending some time with her mom and dad. Kovu missed Vitani so much. Maybe he shouldn't have let her go that day. Is she happy out there? She did promise she would come back. But when would that be? He then remembered something he had forgotten about him and his sister when they were little.

-Flashback-

"Hey Kovu! Let's go play!" Vitani said happily, jumping around excitedly.
"I can't." Kovu said sadly. "I have to train. Mom won't let me."
His ears dropped in disappointment. Vitani was still was excited.
"She won't know, come on!"
"But Tani, I can't!" he said, taking a step forward.
"Come on!" Vitani beckoned.
Kovu thought a moment. Training didn't sound like much fun. Infact, it sounded hard. He thought of his mom. She would be furious if she found out that he left to play. But…if she didn't find out…
"Okay!" Kovu gave in, now running alongside the ecstatic Vitani. They raced around and play fought until they got tired. They laid down, exhausted.
"Kovu, you're so much fun." Vitani admitted. "Nuka's no fun. We'll be friends forever, Kay?"
"Okay!"

Kovu smiled at the memory. He remembered how he did get caught that day, and his mom was mad.
Kovu chuckled. Then he felt a paw touching his. He looked to his side. It was Kiara.
"What's so funny?"
"Oh, I was thinking about some old times me and Vitani had." Kovu said and then lowered his head. There was a bit of silence until Kiara broke it.
"I miss her too."