Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Lion King 3: Royal Journey ❯ The Black Demon ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 27: The Black Demon
Kiara had been attacked from behind. She had been trotting over to Kanai when a large object suddenly slammed into her hindquarters. She gasped as she spun and fell to the ground. She got up quickly and whirled around to face her attacker. She screamed when she looked upon the scarred face of Death, the all black lion that had attacked Tali, and threatened her and Kovu some time ago.
Kiara was afraid. Now was the very worst time for an attack. She was weak with a large pregnant belly, she had no one else nearby, and even if all three of her current companions were available, it still could be a hard battle. Kiara was perfectly venerable.
"Hello." Death snarled with a sneer. His voice was deep and dripping with sarcasm. "Do you remember me? By your scream I'm guessing you do…"
His dark voice made her shiver. How could she ever forget? His face was forever carved in her memory from the last attack. The only thing different about him was his left eye was shut, with large scars over it that started on his forehead, and ended halfway down his cheek. Tali had really ruined his eye.
"D-Death…" Kiara muttered.
"Why yes, my dear. It is I. I told you I would return, didn't I?" he gave a toothy grin.
Kiara gulped. How was she going to get out of this one? Please Kovu! Come home! A tear rolled down Kiara's cheek as she started shaking in fear.
"Don't be scared. You should come with me. You could join my Pride. We would have handsome cubs... "
Death took a step forward.
"Come on…" he said evilly. "What do you say?"
He took another step. Kiara knew he had no intention what so ever to have her for love. He just wanted her for mating. Kiara took a step back.
"Get back!" Kiara took a try at being brave. She puffed up her fur and bared her teeth. "Get out! Leave me alone! I mean it!" She shouted. It was completely futile since Death was an amazingly huge lion. Nothing could scare him.
"Nice try, but before I do go, I'm going to have some fun first!"
At these words, Kiara ran. She put all the power and energy she had into her legs. The problem was, there was no where that was safe. No where Death couldn't follow. Death was hot on her tail, chasing her down, and Kiara heard him laughing. Kiara didn't realize that she had made it easier for Death to mount her. Kiara heard Death chuckle, and then grunt loudly. Kiara took a few more running steps before she realized he wasn't chasing her. She stopped to see what had happened. Death was was getting up from the ground, in a bit of a daze. Standing a few feet away was Thresh.
"Thresh!" Kiara said breathlessly.
Thresh came running over to her. "Are you okay? He was about to jump right on you! Who is he? Do you know him?"
"No! I mean, yes…but…" Kiara was slightly traumatized. "He's a bad guy. He tried to kill Tali once, and promised to come back and…have me."
Thresh turned toward Death, as angry as can be. He curled his lips in a snarl.
"I will have none of that." Thresh said to Kiara, but still facing Death. Thresh pushed his claws into the ground in rage. His fur was standing up and looked a lot scarier than Kiara did.
"You will leave! NOW!" Thresh ordered the black lion.
"Or what?" Death challenged.
Thresh growled and leaped. The battle had started. They were in a tumbling, rolling fit with claws and teeth bared. The roars and grunts were loud. Kiara only could watch in horror. She watched Death rake his claws across Thresh's face. He took the damage, and leaped right back into battle, trying to bite Death's neck.
Death was bigger than him, but Thresh had the speed. He landed some blows on Death after realizing his mane was too thick to bite through. It looked like Thresh was winning, but as he knocked Death down and gave Thresh a moment to rest, Kiara saw that he was desperately trying to catch his breath. He had blood streaming down his face from his forehead and cheek. His mane by his eyes was drenched in blood and sweat. Death tried to attack again, but Thresh took a mighty paw and pushed him down again.
Thresh looked like he needed some help, so Kiara ran over.
"Thresh! I can help you!" she said while running.
"No! Get-" Thresh couldn't finish. Death had leaped on him, roaring. Death's anger shown as his claws raked Thresh's hindquarters. Thresh roared in pain as he tried to turn around, but Death was now biting and raking his back some more. Kiara saw an opening for attack. She ran toward them, ready to pounce on Death's back and tear his skin up, but Thresh finally pushed Death away again and Kiara halted. Thresh turned, with absolute horror on his face, to Kiara and said,
"I said NO, Kiara! You stay back! All of you! Go hide!" Blood was falling from his face. He looked worse than before. The battle was wearing him out quickly. And what was Thresh talking about "All of you?"
Thresh and Death leaped back into battle.
"Kiara!" A frantic female voice shouted from behind her. Kiara turned around and saw Kanai running at her with her cubs at her side.
"Kanai!" Kiara ran over to her. They were several yards from Thresh and Death. They had rolled around a lot.
"Oh dear God, what's happening?" Kanai said.
"It's Death! Thresh is fighting him but he wont let me help!"
"Your darn right he shouldn't let you help! You are with a cub. I say you should go back to the cave. Take the kids."
Kanai shooed Tali and Mani under Kiara's legs instead of her own.
"B-but! I don't know what to do! I-I want to help!"
"No, Kiara, I'll help him. You go. Hide elsewhere if you need to. Just go!"
"But Kanai!"
Kanai then bared her teeth at Kiara.
"I must protect my queen! Go now!"
Kiara shivered, then said, "Please be safe Kanai. If it gets too bad, I will call for a retreat."
"Go, Kiara."
Kiara ran. She glanced at the kids every now and then to make sure they were keeping up. She heard a fierce battle cry from Kanai as she joined the blood bath. Kiara faced forward, ran, and didn't looked back.
Kanai had gotten Death off Thresh and was giving him a piece of her mind. Thresh felt dizzy and nauseous. The lack of blood had started to affect him. He caught a glimpse of Kiara running toward the cave.
"Good. She'll be safe…"
Thresh took a step to try to get back into the battle, but his eyes rolled and he collapsed.