Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Lion King 3: Royal Journey ❯ Victory ( Chapter 36 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 36: Victory
Nala shivered. The lion's eyes were a knife right to her heart. She was going to be tortured!
The lion started walking toward her not breaking eye contact. He started chuckling. Simba grew extremely furious as he noticed the leader's victim change. At the same time, it caused a heavy exhaustion. It would be his wife screaming next.
All watched in silence, except for Simba who was still struggling with all his might to be free of the lionesses who were now holding him down. He had to save her! "Nala!" he shouted.
Suddenly a grunt from one side of the circle of Black Pride lionesses was heard. All eyes turned toward the sound. Now roars were heard, and everyone knew why. The rest of the prides had returned! They were now attacking Black Pride lions. The shocked Black Pride lions ran to help and were met with roars and claws.
Mountain Pride teeth held necks until their bodies went limp. A full on battle sprung into life again. The tired lions tried their best to fight again. The newly refreshed Mountain Pride lions had great strength. With the combined efforts of the half of all lions-Simba's Pride and Mountain Pride- tired and newly refreshed, they started winning against the Black Pride.
Simba bit hard onto a lionesses arm. She squealed and pulled herself away from Simba's jaws. When she freed herself, she ran away as fast as she could. Simba snorted, and then turned in a flurry to find someone to help. In the midst of the battle, he saw Kovu, also looking around for someone who needed the most help. Simba ran over to him.
"You could not have had better timing." Simba said, thanking him.
Kovu looked at Simba with seriousness. "We could have had better timing if we had made it before our lionesses were tortured." He gestured with his head at Sanu's unconscious body several yards away.
"Yes." Simba said solemnly. He wasn't sure if she would be okay. She looked as if she were losing a lot of blood.
"Are you two sitting and chatting?" A voice growled from behind Kovu. "I think not!" The Black Pride lioness finished and leapt at Kovu. Before she could connect, Simba jumped in front of her and rammed her head with his large paw. She fell instantly. Simba watched as her eyes rolled back and then closed.
"That's enough of her. Now let's go help." Simba said.
"Right."
The battle continued. When Kovu made another lioness run away, he looked over to where roars were loudest. Many lionesses were attacking the main leader who refused to go down without a fight. He also noticed one leader's body laying very still several yards away, and he had heard while fighting that the other leader had run. Kovu remembered snickering at this news. A leader who abandons his Pride was never a leader at all. Kovu concentrated on the main leader, gathered his strength and ran towards the fight. To knock the lion off balance, Kovu rammed his body right into his side at full speed. The wind was knocked out the main leader and he fell to the ground. Kovu regained himself, and then jumped on top of the huge lion. He placed a strong paw over his neck, similar to what Simba did to Scar long ago.
Kovu growled in the main leader's face. All other battles around them stopped. The remaining Black Pride lions watched as Kovu slowly pushed his claws into his neck, ready to kill him.
"Go ahead and kill me," The leader croaked.
Kovu snarled, but retracted his claws. "No. I don't need to kill scum like you. Now I want you and the rest of your pride to leave. And I want you to be good little lions from now on," he snarled, "Is that clear?"
The main leader looked angry and humiliated. He growled, but nodded.
"Good. And don't even think about coming back. If you do, we'll know about it, and come back to kick your butts again. Now get up, you filth."
Kovu stepped off the wounded and tired lion. He glared at Kovu, then at his remaining lions who were looking at him for guidance. They all looked bloody and tired. Some looked scared now that their leader had been beaten.
The leader saw his broken pride, and realized there would be no way of winning now. He growled and then glared at Kovu again.
"You may have won this tim-"
"NO!" Kovu spat. "There wont even be a next time!"
The main leader growled again and walked over to the other leader who was still unconscious and beaten. He stood over his fallen companion and sniffed near his face.
"Weakness…" He whispered, just enough for Kovu to hear. The leader's voice was brittle.
Then, Simba walked over to the main leader. He stood bravely before him and said,
"I'm going to give you a bit of time to revive your pride, or drag them away. It's no matter how it's done, just get out. Understood?"
After a moment, "Yes."
While the two allied prides waited for the Black Pride to leave, Simba's pride took the wounded Mountain Pride lions some distance away from the bloody area so they could talk and maybe get a feeling of peace for the first time in days. Only two more lions from the Mountain Pride had passed away. They were mourned by their pride. Remarkably, all of Simba's Pride were alive. Some just barley. Sanu's wounds were some of the worst. Simba had bad wounds himself. His muscles were tired, and he felt as if he could sleep for days now that this was all over.
One of the Mountain Pride lionesses then walked over to where Simba was sitting. She had beautiful light purple eyes and a golden pelt. It's color was sullied by the blood that covered a lot of her body.
"Hello, Simba." She smiled, "I am Amala. I suppose I am now going to be leader of this pride. The king was my brother, so as the only blood heir, I will take leadership. I wanted to thank you. And all your pride. Could you gather them so I can thank you all properly?"
Simba returned the warm smile and said, "Right away."
Simba looked over his pride who were either mingling with the other pride, or washing other lion's wounds. He called them all over with a gentle roar. Amala also called to her pride. Now, both prides turned to face the other.
When all were settled, Amala bowed deeply. "Thank you, Great Rock Pride. You have done so much for us. You put yourselves in danger for our sakes. You battled gallantly. We are truly in your dept." At this, the rest of Amala's pride also bowed. After just a spine tingling moment, she rose, causing the rest of her pride to follow suit. A small lioness, Rina, broke the ranks and stood beside Amala. They looked at each other. It was then Simba realized how similar the two looked, and decided that the two must be kin. That meant that Rina was the next in line; a princess. Amala smiled giving Rina permission to speak. She then looked at Simba.
"Thank you, Simba, for saving all of our lives. I thought sence I became a princess today that I ought to show appreciation too. Since this is now partially my pride too." Rina looked a little shy, as if she had said something embarrassing. But then she continued strongly, "Our pride has suffered some losses…But we will grow strong again."
"Well said." Simba said and smiled. Rina reminded him of his own daughter so, and almost felt like a father to her, though he had only spoken to her a few times. She smiled then re-joined her pride.
"But, Amala, Look at our land!" A beige lioness from behind her said. "There's blood everywhere, its all ruined. Prey will not return here!"
The land did look horrible. It looked something similar to what Scar and his hyenas did to the Pride Lands while Simba was in exile. The grass was dead, and the trees seemed black. Bones of prey were scattered along the ground. Blood covered the ground in many areas. Simba saw a hopeless moment in Amala's eyes as she realized what trouble her pride was still in.
"There is an oasis just over that way," Simba said with a gesturing motion over his right shoulder. "I took seven of your lions, and they healed quickly."
"Yes," A lion who was one of those seven said, "When I was there, I felt so at ease. There is prey and everything we need! We should move there!"
There were some agreeing and disagreeing noises from The Mountain Pride. Amala turned to them. "I think that's a good idea. We could move there. Either permanently or just until our land becomes alive again."
There was still some disagreement, and one lioness brought up the lions who died in battle, and those too un-fit to walk long distances.
"We will burry our fallen here, and pray that the wounded will find the strength to walk."
"It's only an hour's journey." Kovu spoke up.
"And we can help." Nala added.
Even though some still disagreed, it was decided. They were to start the walk immeadiently after they burried the dead, and were sure the Black Pride had left.
When the Black Pride had gone, the fallen pride members were burried. The King was burried last with some words from his sister and niece. All bowed respectfully as dirt was kicked over him. Then they were all ready to travel to the oasis. They stopped several times for the lions to have a rest. After many rests, they finally made it to the oasis a couple later. All were relieved and happy. They drank from the plentiful water and the ones who felt they were well enough caught food. Many slept for the rest of the day. Simba decided to let his pride rest for the day too, and waited until the next morning to give the order to leave for home. Mairu spent most of the night checking on the wounded lionesses and making medicine for them.
The next morning, many felt better already. Then, Simba decided it was time to go home.
"Thank you again," Amala said to Simba and Nala. "I think we will stay here for a while. Maybe even permenatly. Though it will be hard to break it to the pride. Many do not want to leave our lands."
Simba nodded. He couldn't even think about leaving his lands permanently. They had been passed down from generation to generation.
"Okay then, have a safe journey. Oh wait, where is my daughter? I think she had something to say to you." Amala turned her eyes over her shoulder to look for Rina. "Rina!" she called when she spotted her watching Mairu apply the last bit of medicine to a wounded lioness. Amala gave one last small bow as goodbye and then joined her pride as Rina gladly skipped over.
"Oh, you're leaving already?" Rina said to the King and Queen. "Well I just wanted to tell you…well, to tell Thresh that he can come home now. And that…" Rina looked at her paws, but then forced herself to look back at Simba, "I miss him." Simba instantly understood when Rina's gaze went back to her paws to try to hide a blush.
"I will tell him. He will be coming home soon." Simba said.
"Thank you. Maybe I will see you all again someday?"
"Maybe someday." Nala said hopefully.
Rina smiled and goodbyes were said. After Simba called for his pride to start walking home, he muttered to Nala, "Isn't Thresh a bit older than her?"
Nala looked at him and smiled. "Love just happens. In the blink of an eye." She then stepped ahead of him and swept her tail fluff into Simba's face. He laughed as he batted it away and joined Nala's side. The Pride was now on their way home.
-end flashback-
"About halfway back, we were all very hungry. Only a few of our lionesses were fit to run and catch food for the whole pride. Our wounds were infected and we were so tired." Nala explained.
Kiara, Kanai and Toni, still in the center of the circle, listened carefully. Kiara found it hard to imagine her pride hurt and helpless.
"I was unsure we would all make it back, but with the help of the Kings, we did. It may have taken longer than the time we had gotten there, but we were all safe."
Kiara felt a shiver of pride. They were all alive; they all survived this horrible event.