Other Fan Fiction ❯ The Lion King 3: Royal Journey ❯ Playtime ( Chapter 41 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 41: Playtime
Although Kiara was very excited for her own cub's birth date coming very soon, her excitement was spent on Toni's cubs instead. Over the last few days, the cubs had been exploring more and more of their new world. The two explored only with each other. If one went too far without the other, they went back to regroup. Toni could tell her cubs would grow up with a strong bond.
One day, the two cubs walked over to everyone lioness resting in the cave, and just took a long look at each one. It seemed the cubs were wondering who they were. When the cubs came to look at Kiara, the cubs immediately recognized her. She was one of the first lions the cubs saw. Kiara said a gentle "Hello" to the cubs as they looked up at her with big eyes. Jai's blue eyes then turned to Ciara's green ones, and both formed big smiles on their faces. They both giggled, and ran into Kiara's arms.
"Oh my goodness!" She said as Jai clumsily jumped from her arms to her shoulder, and then walked onto her back. Toni, who was sitting next to her, laughed and said,
"I guess they like you!"
Kiara laughed too. "I guess so!" Jai had then found a good place to sit down on Kiara's back. Ciara sat down in between Kiara's arms, and looked up at her and smiled. Kiara smiled back at her until Jai suddenly started jumping on Kiara's back. Kiara turned to face him. He looked like he was having the time of his life. Kiara couldn't help but laugh.
"Jai, stop jumping on Aunt Kiara!" Toni said very mother-like. Jai instantly looked at his mother, and obeyed. He then started to try to get on top of Kiara's head, but found it difficult. Ciara on the other hand was being less rambunctious by curling up in Kiara's arms, and going to sleep. Kiara lowered her head to help Jai get on top. He squabbled up between her ears and sat. Then he lowered himself into a crouch. After this, he looked triumphantly at his mom as if to say "I did it!"
Toni laughed, "Look at you! That's my big man on Pride Rock!"
Kiara chuckled, careful not to disturb Jai's balance. Jai also started giggling, even though he was still too young to understand much, and lost his balance on his own. He stopped giggling as he slipped from Kiara's head, falling forward into Kiara's arms, and onto a sleeping Ciara.
"Oh no," Kiara gasped, "Are you okay, Jai?" Jai shook himself, ears flopping, while Ciara tried to squirm out from under him. She started to get mad when Jai didn't get off.
"Haha, don't worry, they're fine." Toni said.
Ciara then nipped Jai's paw and Jai yelped. He got off. Ciara then stood up and then walked angrily out of Kiara's arms. Jai followed but only to cuff Ciara in the head with his paw. This started a fight between the two. They rolled, ran and tumbled along. It was obvious only after a few seconds, that the kids were just playing around.
"They're so cute!" Kiara gushed.
"Just think," Toni smiled, "Kivu will soon join their little rumbles." She said.
"Haha yeah. I bet they'll all be the best of friends." Kiara tried to imagine the three new cubs growing up together. Along with Kanai's cubs who were a bit older than them. It was hard to picture, but only because she didn't know what Kivu would look like yet. She did know that the whole pride would have to be cautious of predators. And Kiara knew she would keep Kivu with her at all times. Kiara's thoughts were soon interrupted by an approaching lioness. It was Mairu, and she was gently carrying Jai in her mouth, and shooing Ciara toward them with her paw.
"Are these yours?" She said as she placed Jai gently down by his mother. He and Ciara ran into her arms.
"Sorry, Mairu, did they bother you?
Mairu laughed, "Not at all, Just bumped into me while I was cleaning out my scabs. No harm done. They sure are energetic, aren't they?"
"Yes," Toni smiled.
"And I was right about there being something different about little Ciara, huh?"
Toni laughed. "Yes," she said, "Very right."
"I don't know why I didn't think there could be two cubs. I think little Jai was hiding from me!" The two lionesses laughed. Just then Kanai, her cubs, and Kovu entered the cave. They had just gotten back from trip to the waterhole. Kovu nuzzled Kiara and laid down beside her. His tail brushed her large stomach lovingly. Kanai sat next to Toni. Tali and Mani walked over to Toni's cubs who were still in Toni's arms, now cuddled up for a nap.
"Aw man, I was hoping we could play with them." Mani said.
"I think they've had enough playing for right now." Toni chuckled.
"Let them sleep, Mani." Kanai said.
"Okay," he said reluctantly.
"So Kiara," Mairu said. "Kivu should be born give or take a week, hmm?"
"Yes, I can feel that he's coming very soon. I'm excited."
"And with that birth you and Kovu will take the throne." added Kanai.
"That's right," Kiara said. "In a week or so, you all will have to answer to me!" Kiara chuckled along with the others. "I'll be Queen, and this big fur ball will be King," she said playfully, and whacked Kovu's side with her tail. She laughed again when he said,
"Yep, and we'll have our little fur ball as a Prince, and our heir." He hit her back with his tail.
Then Simba and Nala walked into the cave, also returning from the waterhole. Simba gave Kiara a smile of acknowledgement and sat in a different area of the cave. Nala followed him. He and Nala had overheard them talking about being King and Queen. When they sat down, and were comfortable, Nala said,
"Only a few more days, Simba, and we wont be in charge anymore."
"Yeah…"
Nala noticed he looked slightly worried. "Everything will be okay. We'll be here to help them if they need it."
Simba turned his gaze to her.
"Yes. We'll be laying around here for quite some time still."
Nala made an amused purr and nuzzled him.