Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ Looking for the Perfect Nanny ❯ Overture ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Ouran.
 
Looking for the Perfect Nanny
 
-- Overture -
 
Life was always like clockwork for Haruhi Fujioka. She wake up at 8 in the morning, had a shower, made herself a cup of coffee, arranged the textbooks and other materials she needed for the day and headed off to her campus. She would return to her apartment only at around 6 in the evening, watched some news on television and did her homework before hit the light and went off to bed.
 
If it was either Saturday or Sunday; she would allocate some of her spare time to clean her small apartment before she went to the nearby market to buy her groceries. On some busier days she would spend most of her time in the Law Program's library of Tokyo University where she studied at the moment. And when she was in the mood to have a little bit of fun she would drop by to either the bookstore just around the corner of her university or the music store in downtown.
 
Everything always worked on well-organized patterns for her ever since her father moved to Karuizawa to work with Misuzu Sonoda a.k.a Suzie. When Suzie told her father that she (or he) planned to expand her inn and she needed to find a suitable partner; Ranka proposed himself. Haruhi did not oppose her father's plan to leave her alone nor did she agree with it. She left her father to make the decision himself. Besides, it was her father's happiness what counted the most for her.
 
Truthfully, she felt more comfortable with an organized life. Although she was not some sorts of a control freak; she preferred to be in control with her life. It was just exactly the life before the host club time. When she was with the host club; everything turned upside down and she almost gave up on having a coordinated life. However, things always changed. And that's also what happened with the host club.
 
Ouran High Host Club was merely a history for her now.
 
--
 
Sometimes Tamaki still called her from Paris where he studied at the moment. His grandmother already accepted him as the heir of Suoh family and agreed that he would be spending his college time with his mother in there.
 
Hunny and Mori opted to study in Italy. It was actually Hunny's idea to go there in the first place to study culinary. And Mori followed him like he always did before. They kept good contacts with her and sent her many beautiful pictures of Italy as both of them kept on hoping that she would visit them someday.
 
And for a year; she stayed in Ouran High School only with the twins. The three of them were inseparable back then although there were no host club activities anymore. They still continued toying her like usual; just the same when all the sempais were still around.
 
It was only a couple months ago when finally they graduated from Ouran High School, they went into separate ways. The twins chose to study designs in Paris; the same city as Tamaki. Sometimes she could not help but smiling inwardly whenever she thought about what kinds of commotion might happen with the three of them living in the same city like that.
 
However, it was different with Kyouya. She never heard any news from him ever since the day he graduated from high school. For some strange reasons; the other host club members would avoid talking about him whenever they called her from overseas. Even the twins kept their mouth shut and avoided her for the whole day whenever she raised the topic about him. The only piece of information she ever got about him was that he was currently studying in Tokyo University. It was Tamaki who incidentally blurted out the news when for the first time she ever gave him a call to Paris to inform him that she was finally being accepted in Tokyo University's Law Program.
 
It was a surprise for her to know that Kyouya was also studying in the same university as her since she never saw him there even only for once. At first she merely thought that it was probably because Tokyo University was not exactly small in size. Besides, there were thousands of people studying in there so it would be very difficult for them to meet by chance. So she thought of another way around; asking the campus administration.
 
She did not know what program that Kyouya took although somehow she had a hunch that he would most probably take business as his major. Oddly enough, the campus administration strictly refused to reveal any kind of information about him even when she asked the simplest question like whether Kyouya Ootori was a student in that university or not.
 
In the end, she gave up all her attempts to find him. She did not know why she wanted to meet him in the first place anyway. Probably unconsciously she still missed those old days when she needed to entertain girls with the other host club members and how she was always being occupied with the eccentricities from those ultra-rich people in there. And to know that one of them was still in Japan somehow made her wanted to see him once again. It was the only logical explanation that she could think of at that time for wanting to see the former shadow king again. Besides, what else could it be other than that?
 
--
 
It was almost like any other day and everything seemed to be perfectly normal when Haruhi woke up with a start. She glanced quickly at her watch and realized that she was almost late for her first lesson of that day. She never came late to any of her class before and she definitely did not want to start it now.
 
It was quite unusual for her to wake up that late. Yet perhaps it was understandable since she was stayed awake until very late the night before. For the whole evening yesterday, she kept thinking about the host club and could not help but wondering whether there would be a day for her to coincidentally met Kyouya while she was still studying in Tokyo University.
 
After she prepared everything for her classes that day and felt a bit sad that she had to skip her breakfast, Haruhi hustled towards the front door of her small apartment.
 
In the midst of her haste attempts to leave her appartment as soon as possible, she merely opened the door in a careless manner. Thus as a result of her negligence, she nearly hit the person whom for some reasons happened to be standing exactly in front of her doorstep.
 
If it was not because the sunshine already shone brightly; Haruhi would definitely thought that he was a burglar or a robber. Yet because of the brightness from the sunlight she could not see the figure clearly. She could only make out from the tall figure that it was definitely a man.
 
--
 
After a couple of seconds later, her eyes were finally able to adjust with the intense light from the morning sun. At that moment, Haruhi finally could see the person who was still standing awkwardly in front of her without uttering any words as if he was expecting her to start a conversation.
 
And upon realizing who the person really was, Haruhi felt her heart almost missed a beat.
 
“Sempai….” Haruhi whispered in a barely audible voice.
 
“Hello Haruhi. It's nice to know that you still recognize me,” replied Kyouya with his trademark smirk illustrated vividly on his flawless face.
 
It was as if nothing had changed between them and sounded like they only hadn't met each other for a mere one day.
 
Before she could ask Kyouya further why suddenly he decided to appear at her doorway out of the blue like that, the guy opened up his mouth again and spoke very cautiously in a way that was very much unlike Kyouya she knew before.
 
“Haruhi, I need to ask a favor from you.”
 
“Eh?”
 
Yet before Haruhi managed to say anything else; she felt somebody tugged the corner of her long sleeve shirt.
 
And that's when she saw him; a little boy who was bearing every inch of resemblance of the older guy who was currently still fixing his gaze intently at her.
 
He had Kyouya's resemblance…
 
-- to be continued -
 
A/N: Oddly enough, although I used a penname using the name of Kyouya and Haruhi; this is the first time ever I write an Ouran fanfic. I hope you'll like it. Please leave your comments and reviews, I would be more than happy to read them.