Ouran High School Host Club Fan Fiction ❯ The Bet ❯ Mending Wounds ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Bet
 
Chapter 6: Mending Wounds
 
The next day, the twins kept their eyes on Tamaki and every thing he did, but for completely different reasons. Hikaru turned to his brother when the crowd of girls had deteriorated slightly. “Kaoru, what did Tamaki do to you yesterday?” Hikaru asked quietly.
 
Kaoru blinked and then blushed when the question sunk into his mind. “Nothing really…”
 
“Tell me.” Hikaru said a little more harshly then intended.
 
Kaoru looked into his brother's eyes. “Why…? What did he do to you during your talk?”
 
Kaoru was starting to piece two and two together. “He didn't do much. But that's not important at the moment…”
 
“Yes it is… That's how you know… Besides, why do you need to keep protecting me? I can take care of myself you know.”
 
“No. You can't.” Hikaru snapped.
 
Kaoru's eyes widened…
 
“Strange… How you won't say you need him. How you love him.” - - - “But if you really loved him… Wouldn't you just say it?”
 
“Someday… you will be able to say it. It's just not today.”
 
“I guess it won't be today either…” Kaoru said softly to himself.
 
“What?”
 
Kaoru looked back up into his brother's eyes. “I can't say I love you yet…” Kaoru said with saddened eyes. Hikaru looked a little stunned. He watched as Kaoru stood from the couch and walked into the bathroom.
 
Tamaki noticed the two of them talking and the pained look on Kaoru's face. He sighed and stood to go and investigate. He knocked on the bathroom door first, which attracted more then one twin's attention. “Kaoru…? Are you alright?”
 
“Yeah… You can come in if you want.” Tamaki entered.
 
Hikaru's eyes widened. How could his brother… his twin, be that stupid? Hikaru stood from the couch, a look of frustration on his face. He walked over to the door and opened it to see Kaoru on the floor with his back against the wall and his knees against his chest. Tamaki was sitting next to him and the two of them looked up at the confused Hikaru.
 
Tamaki closed his eyes and smiled, bowing his head slightly. “I think you should take over…” Tamaki stood and as he passed Hikaru he whispered into the twin's ear. “I want to be thanked for this, you know…”
 
Then Hikaru realized what Tamaki had been doing this whole time… He had somehow brought the twins close enough to realize their true feelings. Hikaru found himself smiling and sat by his brother. “Nosey bastard.” He said within a laugh.
 
“Hikaru…?” Kaoru said to his brother as his head rested upon his shoulder. “Gomen.”
 
“For what?” Hikaru asked as he went into the mirror image of his brother's position.
 
“For everything…”
 
“Everything?” Hikaru's fingers moved to lift his brother's chin, guiding their lips to meet. Their eyes drifted shut and their bodies moved so Kaoru's back moved into the corner and Hikaru was over him, his legs trapping his brother. They pulled away and their eyes locked. “Even that… Are you sorry for kissing me?”
 
“Well… maybe not everything.” Kaoru admitted.
 
“Besides… I should be the one apologizing.”
 
“What for…?”
 
Hikaru gave him a look that said `Are you serious?' before he climbed off of his brother and went back to his previous position. “I keep getting mad at nothing… I think I'm a little overly possessive or something.”
 
“You're my brother…” Kaoru said as he returned to his recent position as well. “Of course you'd worry about me.”
 
There was a clap from outside the bathroom doors, signaling the end of the host club's hours for the week. It was Friday after all. “Thank you, Kaoru.” Hikaru said before kissing his brother's cheek softly. He stood, helping Kaoru up as well.
 
- - -
 
Diiing-dooong. Ding-dong. Ding-dong.
 
“Hikaru…?” Kaoru said, blushing slightly. “Do you really think this is how he expects us to thank him?”
 
Hikaru took his finger off the house's doorbell and smiled at his brother. “Of course… we both know the real, untamed Tamaki. He wants us and you know it.” He leaned in close to his brother's ear. “Besides… We can do whatever we want to each other within these walls and he'll never tell.”
 
“Hikaru!” Kaoru said, his blush growing slightly. This just made Hikaru laugh.
 
The door opened slowly to reveal Tamaki's personal maid. “He's been expecting you two… He's in his room, up the stairs and to your right.” She said smiling. She was about their age and very pretty, but nowhere near as gorgeous as Tamaki. When they walked in she walked out with car keys and a cell phone. She wasn't coming back, and it seemed the entire house was empty except for a waiting Tamaki.
 
“The entire house…” Hikaru said with a smirk as he turned to look at his brother.
 
“…All to ourselves” Kaoru finished with an equally sinful look.
 
“Perfect.” They said in unison as they headed up the stairs. His house was huge and looked as though it was completely made from white marble. The staircase had a long red carpet that split at the top and stretched down both halls, one of which led to Tamaki's room. It was obvious which door led to his room by the golden T on its wooden surface.
 
Just as Hikaru was about to knock… it opened. Tamaki stood in the doorframe with his shirt unbuttoned and one shoulder draping down his arm loosely. He was wearing jeans and his hair was slightly messy. It was perfect for the twins likes. Kaoru suddenly found the idea of thanking Tamaki more enjoyable.
 
The blonde outstretched his hand and gripped the bottom of the twins' shirts, pulling them into the room.
 
The door closed and then it began.