Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ Cassiopeia ❯ Too Much Talking ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Four: Too Much Talking:

Shortly after her father's death, people began to talk.

“Is it true?”

“Yes, her mom killed her dad.”

“How awful!”

“It was poison.”

“Did she do it before?”

“I heard she killed their old neighbor's dog.”

“Scary!”

Lily kept her head down. What was there to defend? Ivy did all of those things. It still didn't help with the chatter around her. She wanted to disappear into the floor. Even the teachers gave her odd looks. The girl could only fake her bravery. That wouldn't last too long, however.

“Is something wrong?” one of the braver teachers asked. Lily only shook her head. She counted down to her mother's arrest.

Speaking of which, Lily and Ivy could barely look at each other anymore. Her mother put down her fork.

“Look,” she said. “You know I had to do it!” Lily said nothing. Her mother gritted her teeth.

“What the hell do you want from me?!” she snapped. “I've already given up enough for you! What else do you want from me, you ungrateful bitch?!”

“Mom, please,” Lily pleaded in a weak voice. Ivy's face turned bright red.

“You!” she shouted. “You want me to go to jail, don't you?!” Lily was about to open her mouth when they heard pounding at the door. She tried to get up, but her mother stopped her.

“Police!” a man shouted. “Open the door!” Lily looked at the front door.

“Mom…” she mumbled. Lily jumped then the door opened with a thud. The cops raced into the house.

“Freeze!” the main officer shouted. “Everyone put up your hands!” Lily fell out of her chair in a panic. Ivy calmly put up her hands.

“Problem, officer?” she asked.

“Mrs. Tyler, you are under arrest for suspicion of murder.” Ivy raised an eyebrow at him.

“On what grounds?” she asked.

“Murder of your previous two husbands on Planet Redwall!” he shouted. “You're coming with us!” Lily watched in panic as the cops led away her mother. Ivy looked over her shoulder to see her daughter sitting at the table with big eyes. She kept up a brave face.

“Mama loves you, baby!” she shouted. “Be good for me, okay?”

“Let's go,” the cop said. He and his men hauled her out the door. Lily was left alone in her new house.

--------

Meanwhile, the Queen opened her eyes. At last, she's alone, she thought. She bit down on her wrist and the curse began.