Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ Cassiopeia ❯ Burning Pains ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Five: Burning Pains:

It started it with pain in her abdomen. Lily awoke moaning. It felt like someone had stabbed her in the stomach.

“Ow!” Lily cried. She could barely stand up. She had to drag herself to the bathroom. The heat from the water made her head swim.

“Aw,” Lily moaned. “I might just die!” She took in deep breathes. Why is this happening to me? Ah!

Above, the queen watched in intent. Yes! Suffer well! Suffer before I harvest you. I devour your pain. Become one inside of me!

It was a miracle Lily got herself to school. Everyone who saw her that day panicked. All of the color drained from her skin. Lily looked as if she would vomit.

“Are you alright?” her teachers asked.

“No!” Lily wailed. The pain twisted in her abdomen. “Help me! Oh god, help me!” The students whisper around her, panicking.

“What should we do?”

“What's wrong with her?”

“Why is this happening?”

Their voices blended together in her head. She covered her ears, panting.

“Stop!” she cried. “Stop! Please stop!” Tears ran down her face. The student watched in morbid curiosity.

“Is she really okay?”

“Maybe she's faking it.”

“But why?”

“She has to be.”

Lily dragged herself to her feet and tried to run out of the classroom. The pain turned in her abdomen.

--------

Outside the school, Jim, Ruthie, and Lizzie watched the doors.

“Is this the place?” Jim asked. If this Lizzie nodded.

“Yes,” she replied. “I saw it in my dreams last night.”

“So… what are we looking for?” Ruthie asked.

“Her name is Lily,” the heart said.

“And you're she's the one?” Jim asked.

“Correct,” Lizzie answered.

“Can you sense her now?” Jim asked.

“Let me see,” she said. The heart closed her eyes and put herself in her zone. The vibrations filled her head. Lizzie's eyes shot open.

“She's here!” she shouted. Worry came over her face. “She's suffering from a hemorrhage in her abdomen!” Ruthie and Jim became alarmed.

“Where is she?” Jim asked.

“Back parking lot!” the heart exclaimed.

“Let's go!” Jim shouted. The dragon trio raced toward to the school.

---------

Lily sank to her knees on the pavement. Oh god! The pain twisted to her chest. She panted as objects swam before her eyes. Make it stop! Make it stop! Someone… Anyone… Help… me! Strong arms held her up, pulling her to feet.

“Are you okay?” a boy asked. Lily slowly lifted her head.