Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ Cassiopeia ❯ Love Flash ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Six: Love Flash:

Lil's cheeks colored light pink. His brown eyes sent her heart pounding.

“Uh… I guess…” she mumbled. The young man in front of her pulled her to her feet.

“Do you need to see a doctor?” he asked. Lily shook her head.

“No, the pain's stopped.”

The young man narrowed his eyes at her. “Haven't I seen you from somewhere?”

“I don't think so.” She felt herself getting lost in his eyes. “What about you?” The dark-haired young man gave her a puzzled look on his face.

“What do you mean?”

Lily shook her head. “I'm sorry. I just thought that I saw you from somewhere.”

“You probably have. I've been around.”

“Really?” Lily asked, blinking.

-------

Jim, Ruthie, and Lizzie watched from the fence.

“She seems fine,” Lizzie said.

“I wonder what made it stop,” Lizzie said.

“I don't know,” Jim said.

“You don't think it could be that boy, could it?” Lizzie asked. Her comrades looked over at her. The heart shrugged her shoulders.

“It could be,” she said. “I mean, she's not in pain right now.”

“But who is he?” Ruthie whispered. The three bearers watched Lily interact with the young man.

-------

“So, do you have any clubs after class?” the young man asked. Lily shook her head, puzzled.

“No, why?” she replied. The boy rubbed the back of his head.

“No reason,” he said. “I just figured that we could hang out for a bit.” He happened to notice the confused expression on the girl's face. “No good?”

“Oh, no, no. It's fine. I'd love that.”

“Great. Hey, what's your name, by the way?”

Lily brushed her long dark brown hair from her face. “Lily. Lily Moore. And you are?”

The boy gave her a warm smile. “Nice to meet you, Masaki Tenchi.”

“Nice to meet you, Lily,” Tenchi said back. The pair headed out of the parking lot into the city.

--------

In the skies, she opened her eyes. The singular pulse of the vessel's heart awoke something deep within her. Her lips curved into a cold smile.

Yes! I feel her seed opening within me. Small chills ran through her curved body. It won't be long. Her hands opened, letting the breeze blow through her fingers. She inhaled the budding life she had collected from Lily.

It's not time yet. You still need to grow for me. I will have you, but for now, I will let you go. Enjoy your dream of a life while you still can. However, she still had a problem on her hands.

Still, there is that dragon and its bearers. Yes, they could be a problem. She remembered the legend that accompanied the mighty dragon. Maybe she could use the beast for her grand plan. Chills ran through her body while the wheels turned in her head. She couldn't wait for the harvest.

--------

On the ground, Lily stayed by Tenchi's side, blushing while she tried to make sense of her sudden feelings bubbling in her heart. Wow! He's really cute close up. Lily wrestled with schoolgirl-like feelings in her head. I don't know how to handle this.

“Are you okay?” Tenchi asked. Lily jerked her head upwards. His eyes took her breath away. She pressed her lips together, nodding.

“Yeah,” she replied. “Hey can we stay like this for a while? It feels nice.”

“Alright,” Tenchi said.

“Thank you,” Lily replied. The pair rounded the corner and headed to a local burger joint for a bite to eat.