Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ Marietta ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Prologue



Disclaimer:I don't own Outlaw Star or Anastasia!!!!!!

It started in five years ago, near Portland, Maine, December 24th, 1973...

My parents and I were there at that time. Dad took us there to see an old friend, and besides, it was Christmas vacation, thank God. Anyway, that night changed my life, forever.....






You see a very large hotel just between Portland and South Portland where lights is shown and music is heard. A couple a floors up, in a room, full of Karen Carpenter posters, you see a girl, aged 13, with raven hair, writing on her diary. Little does she know, it would be her last diary entry. She wrote:

December 24,1973
Dear Diary,

Hey! How is everything? Everything's fine so far for me! My brother's getting ready to sing in a few minutes! Well, anyway, Aunt Nathalie said she's going to give me a "special" gift for me from her this Christmas. I wonder what that could be?

Before she could finish, there was a knock on the door. Her golden-brown eyes looked up.

"Yes?"

The door opened, and a lady, dressed in a long, red dress, with pins on her auburn hair walked in. It was her aunt, Nathalie.

"Marietta? Don't you want to see you brother sing?" She asked.

"I'm coming," She replied.

"Okay." She shut the door. Marietta smiled and continued on her diary.

Well, I'm outtie! ^_^ I'll let youknow what's going on later! Bye!


Marietta Mireille Sakamoto!


She herself was dressed nicely .She had on a gold,l ong-sleaved, knee-length dress with a yellow sash around the waist. She also had a yellow bow tied on the back of her short hair. She quickly ran to the elevator down to the first floor, and went to the ballroom. When she was down there, some people were dancing, some were eating, and others were just standing around. Then, there was her family. Her parents (Eric and Lynette) were dancing, an older boy with raven hair with glasses (Jonathon) was reading; and a young man with auburn hair (Anthony) was sitting next to Nathalie.

The man announced, "AND NOW, LADIES AND GENTILE MEN, ANTHONY SAKAMOTO!!" The crowd cheered and Anthony began singing one of his famous songs, which was, "Snow."
After it was over, the crowd clapped loudly. Minutes later, everyone was doing what they were before, while Eric and Lynette was talking to the hotel manager. You see Gene, about 15, watching his parents dance, bored...

It was really boring, I tell ya! And to make it worse, the geekiest of the geeks had to be here!

He's talking about Jon, who was walking to get some punch when he saw Gene. He narrows his eyes in disgust.

His name is Jonathon Sakamoto, also 15. He's such a damn stuck up snob and a stupid book-worm! His brother sings good, I have to admit ,and he also has a younger sister, so he was the middle child. His family came from New York City and moved to Boston, my home town, a year ago.




"What are you doing here?" Jonathon asked, coldly.

"My dad's visiting an old friend," Gene answered, also coldly. "Why?"

"Oh, just wondering."

"Whatever."

"Hey, Gene!" His father called out and walked over to him. "You've made friends with the celeb's brother." He smiled.

"He's not really my friend, Pops." Gene answered,but his dad didn't listen. He looked over to Jon.

"Nice to meet you. I'm Gene's father," He shook Jon's hand and smiled.

"It's nice to meet you too, sir." Jon smiled. Mr.Starwind walked back to his wife and began dancing again. "Your dad is a nice man."

"Yeah,he can act funny, too. You should've seen him. He can always imitate Don Knotts, Walter Matthou, Jack Lemmon, and others." Jon laughed at that. Marietta walked over to the two boys.

"Hey, Jon. Who's this guy?"

"Oh, this is Gene Starwind, the guy that makes fun of me at school." He answered. Gene didn't mind the last part, as he does makes fun of alot of kids." Gene, this is my little sister, Marietta."

"Marietta?" Anthony called out.

"Yes?"

"Aunt Nathalie wants you. She's over there."

"Okay. Thanks,Anthony." Marietta walked over to the woman that was sitting down.

"How's everything, Little One?" Nathalie asked.

"Did you want to see me?"

"Of course, here." She handed her a necklace. It had a golden cresent moon. Marietta quickly recognized it.

"What?! You're giving it to me?!"

"Since I'll be going back to Paris, I won't be seeing you all for two-three years, and so," Nathalie paused, "I'm giving this to you. It was giving to me as a souvenir from China two years ago. I was going to give it to you but never had a chance."

"Are you keeping the music box?" Marietta was sad, for she was going to miss her.

"Nope. That's yours too." She handed her a small, round-shaped music box. It was decorated with Sakura peddles with gold in the middle." Whenever you star to miss me, you can play it whenever you want." she sticks the cresent moon in the opening of the music box. The cresent moon was actually a key to start the music. She began twisting it around. The music box began to play the song. Marietta knew the song.

"The Lullabye," she whispered.

"That's right, now sing it with me," Nathalie began to sing the song.
I don't know what words I can say, the wind has a way to talk to me... "C'mon. Sing it with me."

"But-" Marietta began.

"I taught you many times how to sing it, now at least try."

"Okay," Marietta took a deep breath and sang with her:

Flowers sleep a silent lullabye. I pray for reply. I'm ready... The two laughed, happily.

"See? I told you you could do it," Nathalie smiled at her. Marietta looked at the kanji written on the crestent moon.

"What does this mean?"

"I had them write this back in China. It means, 'United in Paris.' I know how much you want to go there, and after that, maybe I can ask your parents if you can come to China with me." Marietta was shocked and smiled.

"You're serious?! Oh, thank you!" She hugged her tightly. She let go and held both the necklace and the music box." Hey, I'm gonna put this back in my room," she said. "Thank you, so much!"

"Anytime, Little One," Nathalie replied and smiled....



After Marietta went to the elevator, the whole lobby grew darker and darker....
Yeah, everyone was having the time of their lives here until the lights went out!

And that's exactly what happened! Everyone was getting frightened, including Gene.

"Maybe it's the weather," His father suggested. "You know how cold it is."

That's what I thought, too until this man came....

People stared at this guy.

Let's see....He had long, black hair, I think. His face looked normal enough, and he had on this black suit. He walked towards Jon's parents. He looked normal enough.

"Eric, Lynette, long time no see," this man said in a low voice.

"Huh? Do I know you?" Eric asked. The man turned to face Lynette.

"Ah Lynette,l ovely Lynette Garsaille!" He said to her. Lynette's eyes widened, for she remembered that phrase! A black-haired-haired teenage guy with ember eyes appeared in her head, who happened to be one of her and Eric's classmates. Almost no one else had those ember eyes like he did. Well, this strange guy standing here had those same kind of eyes! Lynette quickly recongnized this man.

"Ron?"

"Ron Young?" Eric asked. "Ron! We've hardly recognized you, buddy!" Ron grimaced at Eric.

"Correction, it's Horzanko!" Eric stared at him.

"Um...okay...Horzanko. Nice suit, and what's happening with you?"

"You need no concern of that, for you should be concerned of what I'm about to do with you!"

Eric just stared at him in confusion.

"What's wrong with you?! What do you mean?" Lynette knew something was very wrong.

"Ron? What did you do?" She asked. Nathalie, Anthony, and Marietta, who just walked back in, were very afraid.

Everybody was afraid. Why the hell was he after these people?!!

"Well," Horzanko began, "It all began after you too married! I was furious!"

"Furious? Why would you be furious?" Eric asked.

"It's very simple. I always wanted to marry Lynette!" Lynette was taken by this. "I was madly in love with her, Eric, and you took her away from me and created three disgusting children!" Eric was abit angry at that!

"Hey! Nobody calls my children disgusting!"

"I cried for years...years of sorrow!"

"This guy's insane!" Gene's dad whispered. His wife just held on to him. Gene himself and Jon just watched in horror.

"But suddenly, I heard a voice; it knew I wanted revenge! I sold my soul to the devil! Evil powers, Eric! And now, with these powers, I can destroy you!" Eric's eyes widened. He couldn't believe what he just heard!

"What?!"

"Our friendship is officially over, buddy!" He pointed to Eric, Lynette, and the children. "Read my lips! I will not rest until you and your disgusting children are dead and gone, FOREVER!!" Nathalie and Marietta gasped, Anthony grimaced, and Jon and Gene shook in fear. "I WILL be back!!!" Horzanko laughed evilly and pulled out some large pendent, that shot an energy beam, that caused the large chandelier to fall. Everyone screamed and moved out of the way before it crashed! He was gone....


It was exactly 3am when hell broke loose. Hundreds of men with guns from who knows where broke into the hotel and attacked everyone! My parents and I made a run for it!

"We need to hurry!" Mr.Starwind cried. They were in their pajamas, running as fast as they could, fearing for their lives when some of the men were on their tail and began shooting! Mr.Starwind was behind and tried to run as fast as he could, but unfortunately....

BLAM! Mr.Starwind was shot! Both Mrs.Starwind's and Gene's eyes widened in horror!!

"RICK!!!!" Mrs.Starwiond cried in horror.

"DAD!!!!" Gene cried. People were running towards the two pushing them forward, way from Mr.Starwind. Everyone was so crowded that Mrs.Starwind and Gene soon lost sight of each other.

"GENE!!!"

"MOM!!!!" Mrs.Starwind was nowhere to be found. That was the last time he saw her and now he was alone. Sad, he began running again until he heard screaming. He peaked to see what was going on. His eyes widened when he saw Eric, Lynette, Anthony, and Jon were carried off by those men with guns! Gene didn't know what to do...he felt helpless; he couldn't help Jon or the others.

"JON!!" He screamed, but it was too late. They were all gone. That's was the last time he ever saw him. Gene could do nothing but sit there. But where was Nathalie and Marietta?



Well, they woke up to see what was the commotion and left long before the men stormed in the Sakamotos' cabin. They ended up with a large crowd, running from the men!

"Hurry!" Nathalie panted. They were in their pajamases and nightgowns. They finally reached the elevator. When they finally got up their floor, they saw a couple of men running and they hid.

"Close is clear," Nathalie sighed with relief. As they ran towards their cabin, they found Gene sitting there.

"Hey, aren't you Jon's friend?" Marietta asked. Gene didn't look up or moved. He couldn't bear to tell them what happened to the others. Nathalie saw that the door was torn open in their cabin and gasped. Marietta looked up and gasped as well.

"Oh no! What happend?!" They both went inside and saw that everything was on the floor, messed up. Nathalie gasped and Marietta was in tears.

"I'm sorry. I couldn't save them," Gene said softly, his head down. Then, they heard footsteps and assumed that those men were on the trail! They went to hide in Jon and Marietta's room.


Horzanko, from outside,watched through a crystal ball and knew what was going on...he was the one who started all this....it was by an evil spell! So he motioned the men to go into the Sakamotos' cabin! "You're not getting away," he chuckled.

"What are we doing?" Marietta asked.

"We're getting outta here. It's the only way," Nathalie answered in monotone. She had a bitter look on her face look on her face. It must be because of what happened to her dear sister. Her neice is what's left. She handed Marietta her coat and Marietta asked if Gene wanted one. He said no. Marietta saw the necklace and put it on. Suddenly, they heard a large bang at the door!

"OPEN UP!!" One of the men shouted. They were now in a hurl of trouble, and it seemed that way until Nathalie ended up on the wall that was pushed OPEN! She and Gene were suprised. There was a secret passage! Marietta find the music box and was about to get it until Gene grabbed her arm.

"My music box!"

"I rather lose that than my life!" He responded. It lead them climbing on a ladder in the dark passage all the way down to the parking deck where the automobles were at. It was cold; Gene was shuddering bad. All they heard was the howling winds of the blizzard. All they had to do now was get though the gate...at the side instead of the front because those men were storming in that way.

"Man,that was close," Nathalie sighed.

"You guys go on ahead," Gene said.

"B-but what about you?" Marietta asked. Gene could tell she was very worried about him.

"I gotta find my mom. I'm not sure if I'll survive this or not, but that's the chance I'll have to take, I guess."

"We thank you very much, young man," Nathalie smiled. "We owe you." At that, she and Marietta ran off out of the parking deck to get to the gate. Marietta waved goodbye to Gene. He waved back.

That was actually the last time I saw them. What happend to them after that I don't know. Well, anyway, I heard the door opening. I feared that I was lunch meat....

The door opened and it was a small boy, about 6, with golden brown hair and blue eyes.

"Jim! What the hell-"

"I can't find Daddy, Gene," He sobbed.

"Hey,don't worry.I can't find Dad or Mom."Jim didn't know anything about death, so Gene couldn't explain about his Dad. "We better hide." They ran into a dark alley to hide in where they stayed for the rest of the night.

All night I kept wondering if Jon's sister and aunt were gonna be okay....



The blizzard was horrible, but the girls were okay, thank goodness. They managed to climb out of the gate. They were far away from the hotel now, but not far enough from Horzanko....

Nathalie was grabbing Marietta's arm as they ran.

"How will we get out of here?" Marietta asked.

"We'll take a boat. It's just at the dock at Portland. I think the airport's down because of the weather," Nathalie answered. They saw a car and got inside. Nathalie managed to find abandoned keys." Please start!" She prayed. After a few tries, the car finally started to work. Nathalie smiles and rode the rest of the way until....Horzanko was floating in the sky, following them. He decided to make his move and used his large pendent to shoot an energy beam at them. Nathalie saw what was happening through the door window and drove faster. He missed, just barely. He lowered himself down,l anding on the ground. He opened up the top.

"You thought you could get away! Well guess again, ladies!" He jumped inside and the girls screamed. The car ended up tipping over and landed upside down. The car hadn't blew up yet. Just then, the three smelled a very strange scent--gasoline! The car could blow up any minute! Up in the sky, a little (evil) fairy dressing in a Gothic style, saw what was happening.

"Master!" she cried; she could tell that he can't escape. The girls tried to get out the car and got out of Nathalie's side. They were about to run off when Horzanko grabbed Marietta's leg.

"I said I won't rest until you are dead!" He yelled.

"No!! Let go!!" Marietta yelled, trying to get herself free. Natalie was trying to help her, both fell in the snow. Marietta kicked him in the eye, which caused him to let go of her leg. The girls, not worrying about Horzanko at all, ran as fast as they could. As for Horzanko, he cried out, trying to get himself out of the car. The girls got away far enough to witness the explosion, alive and then ran off. The little fairy flew to save him,but it was too late.

"Oh no! Master!!" She then sat there by the fire, staring at it. "Great! Now what the heck am I gonna do?" She muttered.



They finally reached the dock; it was crowded there,always was.

"It just HAD to be this crowded,"Nathalie muttered. No one knew about those men attacking people at the hotel. They saw the large boat (NOT a ship) that was going to Paris. They managed to get through without having to serve a ticket, but the boat was about to go!
They ran as fast as they could. Some guy came out and saw the girls, and Nathalie was closer, so the guy pulled her down to the boat. But she need Marietta! Marietta was right behind her, but the boat was getting farther away from the dock!! Nathalie reached her arm out.

"Marietta!!" Marietta reached for her arm until the hands locked, but the boat was getting farther away! She ran as fast as she could to get on the boat.

"Aunt Nathalie!!" She cried.

"Marietta!!" There hands were locked, but were about to unlock!

"Aunt Nathalie!! Don't let go!!!" The boat was getting faster and faster. Marietta couldn't run much longer for, and little did she know, she was about to fall into the water!!!

"Marietta!!! Hold on!!!" Nathalie cried. Their hands were slipping!

"Aunt Nathalie!!!!" She cried. Just then she slipped and fell!! She screamed and began to fall, her hand slipped away!!

"MARIETTA!!" Nathalie screamed. Marietta fell into the rough water, and Nathalie could no longer see her niece!! "MARIETTA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"


(OH NO!!!! They lost each other!!! Did Marietta die?!! What about Nathalie?!! Did Gene and his friend Jim survived the night?!!! Stay tuned!!!!)