Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ Marietta ❯ Journey to the Past ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Journey to the Past!



Disclaimer:I OWN NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




Meanwhile......

Somewhere in the woods, you see a large but old, messed up house. It began snowing and the sky had gotten abit cloudier. The door opened, and an old short woman walked out followed by another figure wearing a thin, dark brown trench-coat, black stockings, brown gloves, and short, brown, boots. The figure had a red hat over its head and had long, raven hair tied up in a braid, and some of it's hair was sticking out, so the figure must be a she. It looked like she was wearing a golden-yellow colored turtleneck and knee-lenght brown skirt.

"Now I got you a job at the fish factory, and the direction is left. Be sure to get there as fast as you can." The figure wasn't listening. While the old lady was talking, the figure was playing with a necklace she had on, a cresent moon shape that has a kanji that meant "United in Paris." Wait a sec! That necklace looked very familiar... "MELFINA! Are you listening to me?!" The figure looked up. The girl has large, golden-brown eyes. She also looked very familiar...VERY familiar...

((A/N: Melfina's hair is longer in this story, just to let you know...))

"Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't hear you, Mrs.Wilson," She answered; her voice was small.

"I SAID I got you a job at the fish factory."

"Oh."

"Anyway, you're a pro at delivering newspapers and the owner of the factory liked your skills. Said you'll be great at delivering fishes." Melfina didn't listen. This time, the younger kids were in the doorway, waving goodbye to her. She waved back. Mrs.Wilson became angry.

"Will you stop waving at them?!"

"I'm sorry."

"Man, she's so lucky that she doesn't have to put up with Mrs.Wilson, anymore!" One of the kids sighed.

"But she have to go work in that smelly fish factory!!" Another kid argued in disgust.

"Nah! She might go run off to the city!" The third kid said.

"The city?!"

"Yeah!"

"YOU KIDS GET BACK INSIDE!!" Mrs.Wilson roared. They did as they were told. She turned back to Mel." You and that necklace of yours! Is that all you ever think about?!!"

"But it's the only clue to my past," Melfina answered. Mrs.Gorskey walked over and looked at it.

"What the hell does this mean?"

"It means, 'United in Paris' in Chinese," Mel answered. She had been studying Chinese and Japanese kanji (she loves to read).

" 'United in Paris', huh?"

"Well-"

Mrs.Wilson took her hand and asked, with sarcasm," You want to find your family in France, do you?"

"Yes."

"Well," She continued with sarcasm, leading Mel out of the gate, "follow your heart and dreams, my dear, and I'm sure you'll find your family,in France!" She laughed rudely when she closed the gate on Mel. "Believe in your self, dear and be grateful." Mrs.Gorskey laughed as she went to back inside. Melfina just ignored her and walked on.

"'Be grateful.' She IS grateful," a voice yelled from a tree, "grateful to get the hell away from you!" Melfina looked up. It was a kid about the age of 14, hanging from the tree. "What?!It's true!" he grinned.

"Andy! What are you doing here?" The kid known as Andy jumped down from the tree. He had on a black, traditonal Alaskan hat with a red plaid, waist-lenght coat, with brown gloves and black boots, and blue jeans.

"I'm getting out of this joint, Mel!"

"Andy, you have to get back inside!"

"Come on, Melfina! Since you can go, why don't you let me go with you? I can help you deliver fish."

Melfina stared at him sternly, sighed, and smiled. "Alright, Andy, you can come with me. But it won't be fun at the factory."

"Thanks, Melfina," he smiled back. They continued walking down the road and was shivering." So which way is that factory?"

"She said to turn left," she answered. Suddenly, the met with a fork of the road. There was also a sign. One that said "Flowder Town (pretend)" pointed to the left and another, "Portland" ,pointed to the right. Melfina then glanced at her necklace, and began playing with it.

"That necklace IS a key to your past,ya know," the boy told her. He was right. You see, Melfina has amnesia and wanted to know about her past ever since she could remember. And now that she's out of the orphanage and on her own, she can take the oppurtunatey. But she wasn't so sure of it. Andy, has been encouraging her. Andrew Hawthorne is a street-smart, 14 year old kid with red hair, freckles and green eyes and know his ways. He's nice but can have a bad temper when protecting her. He often sneaks out of the orphanage and has fun at the city which is Portland.

((A/N: Reminds me of Danny from the Partridge Family!!)

He's also an orphan, but doesn't really care. To Mel, Andy was like a little brother. To Andy, Mel was like his big sister.

"Andy, do you know where should I go?" She asked. She walked over to the sign.

"I may not be helping, but that's pretty much up to you, Mel," Andy answered. "Personally, you should go to Portland." She looked at the "Flownder Town" sign. She sighed.

"I'm sure I'll never find anything going there." Then she looked at the "Portland" sigh and walked that way." But if I go the right," She walked back. "Maybe I'll find whoever gave me this. And whoever did-"

"-must've really loved you." Andy finished. Mel was playing with her necklace and caressing it. Her eyes began to water with tears.

"Why did I have to be born?" She whispered as she sat by the sign, tears running down her right cheek.

"Mel, don't cry." Andy sat with her.

"Who was I? Who were my family? What happened to them? What happened in my past? I want to know! Someone help us! Give us a sign,a guardian,anything!" She continued to cry.

"Well, crying isn't going to help, Melfina."

"Then what will?"

"Go to Portland."

"What good will it do? I want to know about my past. I've been wanting to know for five years. Should I go to the fishing factory and be 'Melfina the Orphan, Forever', or should I go to Portland and get to Paris to find out who I'm really am."

"You said that you'll never find anything going to the fish factory, right?" Melfina looked up and whiped her tears away.

"Yes."

"Well, then let's go to Portland."

"But-"

"Look, I've been there every night after sneaking out. At Portland, you can take a ship or take a plane. Trust me." Melfina looked towards the direction that lead to Portland. Andy gets up and walks to that direction.


You hear some music......hear's a song:

((A/N: Mel isn't gonna sing all that hot like Liz Callaway[singing voice of Anya].Andy's gonna have a good voice[^^;;] ))

Melfina: *looks up at Andy*

Andy: I mean, all stories need a happy ending,right?

Melfina: *looks at her necklace*
Heart, don't fail me now! Courage, don't desert me!
Don't turn back, now that we're here.....
*gets up and begins walking*

Andy: People always say, "Life is fool of choices."

Melfina: No one ever mentions.... *frowns*fear,
Or how the world can seem so vast *smiles*
On a journey....*turns to Andy, smiles, and motions him to follow*

Andy: *walks next to her*

Both: To the past......! *both start running down the road*

*They're now at a farm*

Melfina: Somewhere down this road, I know someone's waiting. *pets a horse*
Years of dreams just can't be wrong.....! *leaves*

Andy: Arms will open wide, you'll be safe and wanted.

Melfina: *looks at Andy and takes his hand* Finally home where we belong....! *sees a house with a mom, dad, a little girl, and an older boy and stops*

Both: Well,starting now, we're learning fast.....

Dad: *walks to his car*

Little Girl: *sees Mel and Andy and waves* Hey, Melfina!Andy!

Whole Family: *looks up to the two*

Mel and Andy: *waves back with a slight smile* On this journey....to the past....!

*car drives down the road*

Melfina: *waves at the family and runs off but stops not far off, looks at the family, and her face saddens*
Home, Love, Family.

Andy: There was once a time you must have had them too.

Melfina: *smiles at Andy*
Home, Love, Family.

Both: We will never be complete until we *looks up, looks at each other, and smiles* find you................! *begins running*

*they saw a sign that saids Portland 1/4 a mile*

Melfina: *begins skipping*
One step at a time, one hope,then another.
Who knows where this road may go.........!

*you see a lighthouse as they keep skipping*

Andy: Back to who you were,on to find our future,

Melfina: Things my heart still needs to *head's up with her arms out wide* know...........!

Both: Yes! *starts running* Let this be a sign! Let this road be mine!

Both: *holding both their hands and twirling around*

Andy: Let it lead us to your past...........*(Both) stops, unlocks his left hand from her right hand and looks to the left (Mel's right) and smiles*

Melfina: *looks to her right,smiles warmly*And bring us home......

*you see the top of the city where they stop to see*

Both: At........... *open their arms out wide* LAST.................!!!!!!

(Wow! That was my first attempt at a song. Well anyway, now that Mel and Andy've finally found Portland, what will become of them next? What about Gene and Fred? Find out!!)