Outlaw Star Fan Fiction ❯ Marietta ❯ Auditions ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Auditions!

Disclaimer:I own nothing!!!!!!!





At the warehouse, a few minutes later.....

You see a sign that saids, "Auditions for Marietta" on the door. Inside, Gene and Fred were sitting at the table with papers on it while some girl comes and try out. So far, there wasn't one single girl that's even close to resembling Marietta and none of them even know much about her! There were two more.

"Next," Gene said in a monotone, bored. Some girl with pink/red hair with green eyes walked over. She had a sweater and was wearing bellbottoms (THIS IS THE 70s!!!!!).

"Like, hi! I'm Marietta Marie Sakamoto and I like Andy Gibb! I love to swim and whatnot! Well, boys, how did I do?" The guys just stared and blinked at her with annoyance.

"Next," Gene just responded. Another girl showed up; actually, it was a MAN!! He was kinda chubby wearing lipstick and wearing clothes Marietta would NEVER wear!!

"Hi! My name is Marietta and I like to play with my friends!" He said it in a girly voice, acting like....um......Mae West! The guys looked at him like he was crazy!! Gene could do nothing but bang his head at the table!

"Well, I may be a homosexual, but I don't like women's clothes," Fred said.

"I don't think he's a drag queen. He probally just wants the money," Gene replied, "Or maybe it's both...."

Well, it was over, but did they ever find a Marietta look-alike? Nope. Gene and Fred began to pack up.

"Well, Gene, I hope you're happy," Fred said with sarcasm.

"About what?"

"I've said it once, I said it twice, and I've said it a million times it's impossible to find a girl with golden-brown eyes with raven hair!!"

"Well, there was a girl with black hair couple of days ago...."

"She had blue eyes!"

"Oh."

"And even if we find a girl with these features and has all the questions right, what about DNA testing?! They'll find out, Gene. And we need this before the tickets expire."

"Relax, will ya! You're starting to remind me of Jim!"

"I remind you of James?!" Fred asked with stars in his eyes. A large sweatdrop formed on the back of Gene's head at that.

Meanwhile....

Melfina was walking with Andy right beside her. They finally reached the dock, for it's been about an hour since they entered the city. There was a gate to the ship that leads to Paris. They were about to get on when a man stopped them. It was the steward.

"Excuse me, we need to get to Paris," Melfina said.

"Ya got tickets?"

"Um...no," Andy responded.

"Then I can't let you go!"

"Well, is there away we can get them?"

"20 dollars," he answered. "If you don't got any, get the hell outta here." The orphans looked at each other for a moment and then laughed nervously.

"Sorry to interrupt," Melfina smiled nervously,and at that they ran out of here. People aren't friendly in the city either, she realized.

"Dammit! We don't have that kind of money," Andy cursed. Mel turned to see a couple; the man was leaving for something. The woman kissed the man, and the man kissed her back. Melfina envied the woman. If there is one thing she wanted to do other than finding her past and family, she wanted to fall in love.

"Hey you!" a voice called out. The orphans turned around to see a middle-aged woman with strawberry blond hair tied up in a bun with gray eyes.

"Lola?" Andy asked.

"Hey Andy, you two wanted get to Paris, right?" The orphans nodded.



The lady known as Lola took the two to the diner/bar where she was working at and taking a break.

"Well kids, I can only say this much, but there's this guy named Gene Starwind. He has all the plane tickets to Paris," the lady informed, "but...you didn't hear this from me."

"The guy who hangs out here? But where does he live?" Andy asked. He comes here frequently, so that's how he knew Lola.

"Well, he visits here almost everyday and Clyde and Iris knows him well. I don't think he's coming today, though. Anyway, Clyde and Iris are right over there." Lola pointed to a fat man and a skinny woman with short, green, curly hair. "Anyway, he lives in that old hotel not far from here. Right between here and South Portland. Can't miss it!"

"Thank you," Andy smiled. Mel smiled as well.

"Anytime, Andy. You're friend is new here, isn't she?"

"Uh-huh! This is Melfina!"

"Well, welcome to Portland, Melfina. A small town, nothing like New York City and Chicago, though," the lady smiled.

"Lola! Someone needs an order here!" Iris yelled.

"Okay! I'm coming!" Lola yelled back and got up. She then whispered, "brat!" Andy also got up.

"C'mon, Mel!" He ran.

"Wait up, Andy!" She called back and got up, trying to catch up.

Andy stopped to look at something. It was a poster of the lost girl, Marietta. He hasn't seen it before; the last time he was here was two days ago.

Hmmm....she looks familiar, he thought....Just then, Gene and Fred came in. Andy didn't see him (they know each other a bit); he was looking at the poster. Mel saw this.

"What is it, Andy?" She asked.

"Hey Clyde!" Gene hollered. Just then, he bumped into Mel, both weren't paying attention to who they were heading towards. Andy didn't see anything. "Sorry." He then caught a glimps of her. To him, he thought he just saw Marietta. His eyes widened a bit but continued foward.

Mel didn't say anything and turned back to Andy. "We better go so we can see this Gene person." He shook his head from the thought about the girl at the poster, who looked familiar to him.

"Oh!Alright," he answered and the orphans went on out the door. Gene saw Andy leave with the girl he bumped into. Then, he shook his head, getting his mind away from his thoughts.

Maybe I'm just seeing things, he thought and went on up to the counter to join Fred to talk to Clyde and Iris.



"See, I told you we'll make it, Mel," Andy smiled.

"Do you know these people?" Mel asked him.

"Yeah, I come here alot," he answered. "Well, are you ready?" Mel smiled back.

"Mm-Hmm!" They left out of there to their destination:the old hotel....


A few moments later, while Gene and Fred were talking to Clyde and Iris, Lola came and saw Gene.

"Hey Gene, you know the kid Andy? He and his friend was here and needed plane tickets to Paris. I kinda told them that you have them."

"You mean that girl?" He asked.

"Yeah."

"Why? They could've just wait for me here."

"Well, his friend is new here, ya know. They don't know about getting tickets. Besides, I thought you weren't coming. Anyway, they just left, on their way to the hotel right now."

"I was having change of plans. Well, I guess we better go, then." At that, Gene got up. "C'mon, Fred."

"Oh, right!" Fred got up and the two men left.

"Oh Gene, you and Fred better get home soon. Weather man said it's gonna be another blizzard," Clyde warned him.

"We will," Gene responded.

"Bye, Gene!" Iris yelled.

((That's if for this one. Yeah, Clyde and Iris are in this. We'll probally see them again once more in about 2-3 chapters. Join us next time as Mel and Andy reach the hotel......Melfina'll see things she's never thought of!!))