Peach Girl Fan Fiction ❯ The Beating of Sae ❯ Sae's Really Really Crappy Day ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 2 - Sae's Horrible Day…
Momo dragged Sae all the way up the stairs (screw the elevator), and out onto the rooftop of the hospital.  There were a few doctors and nurses who had tried to stop her but one look had sent them running for cover.  Momo really looked as if she might just kill someone if they got in her way.
She couldn't get the word “hate” out of her mind.  That's all she was thinking.  HATE HATE HATE HATE… over and over again.  She dragged Sae over the small stones that were on the roof, not caring if she was screaming, or crying, or kicking.  When she reached the middle of the roof, she stopped abruptly and let go of Sae's hair, walked a few feet away from her, and turned. She stood looking at her for a few moments, considering what she was going to do. Through a haze of red, she saw Sae stand.  
Sae stood up shakily and rubbed her head, her face red with tears and anger at what had been done to her.  She couldn't believe it.  The tanned whore had finally snapped.  She struggled to think up some lie or anything to tell Momo so that she could escape.  It didn't look like it would be an easy task.  Momo looked on the verge of murder.  Maybe she had pushed her too far this time. 
Momo charged right at her, moving low to get more speed.  The chant still going on in her head, she ran at Sae catching her in the stomach with her shoulder.  Sae doubled over and vomited from the force of the hit. 
Momo turned and waited till Sae was done before calmly-but furiously-walking over to her.  This time, she grabbed Sae by the head, using her ears as handles.  She used all her strength to bring Sae's face crashing into her awaiting knee. 
Sae crumpled to the floor in a heap.  Blood was streaming down her face from her broken nose and she felt a few loose teeth in her mouth.  She coughed up some blood and lifted her face just in time to see Momo's foot coming right for her. It hit her skull with a CRACK and she passed out. 
Momo stood breathing heavily over Sae's crumpled form.  HATE HATE HATE… Hate… hate... It began to slow to a low roar. She heard voices from the direction of the stairwell and turned slightly to see who it was. 
Kiley and Toji stood a few yards away from her with open mouths.  They stared at Sae's unconscious body for a moment before running over. 
Momo began to get dizzy.  She wavered on her feet a minute, then put a hand up to her head.  Kiley made it to them just in time to catch her as she fell towards the floor. 
He shook his head. Toji finally made it over to them.  Kiley looked up when he got near and said angrily, “So, are you happy now? If you had just listened to Momo for one minute, she might've not snapped. This is all your doing. Would it have killed you to listen to her? What did you think, that she was… oh never mind. You're an idiot sometimes, you know that Toji?”
Toji looked from Kiley, to Momo, to the bloody Sae.  He remained silent, guilt crashing into him like waves in an angry sea.
Kiley gently placed Momo on the floor, glared at the other boy, and ran downstairs to get a nurse or three.
Toji checked to see if Sae was still alive and then turned to Momo's still form when he saw that Sae was breathing.  He bent down carefully and ran his hand along Momo's cheek softly.  “I'm sorry Momo.  I…” He shook his head and looked up at the sky.  “I'm really sorry.”